EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Why don't we all get together and make an MMORPG for ourselves?
Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 08-15-2004 02:17:09 AM
I'm posting out of boredom

I figure we have a few programmers in this community, and more people with creativity in spades, and even more people who would love to help out. So why don't we make an MMORPG for ourselves? It doesn't have to be too fancy, I think. But it'd be all ours, and there'd be no complaints, right?

I wish we had an "idea" tag.

Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 08-15-2004 02:19:49 AM
*points to diadem and his high seas game
Lashanna
noob
posted 08-15-2004 03:29:32 AM
The idea tag would be abused by you and JooJooFlop.

MMORPGs even basic require a lot to be anything more than muds, or even muds with graphics.

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 08-15-2004 07:16:33 AM
*reminds of the failed EC mud attempt, let alone an mmo*
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 08-15-2004 07:30:45 AM
I dunno about you, but I'm a lazy ass. I'd rather just pay someone else to make it.
I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Dr Cysa
Angsty Mcangst
posted 08-15-2004 08:29:01 AM
What happened to the Taran and Drysart war...I miss the little icons we all got.
I don't discriminate...I hate everyone.
Toktuk
Pooh Ogre
Keeper of the Shoulders of Peachis Perching
posted 08-15-2004 08:38:39 AM
Ha ha! You're asking for the biggest flame war in all of EC history. No one would be able to agree on anything.

-Tok

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 08-15-2004 12:26:54 PM
Very Important: Secret Cow Level
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Anakha
my standards skyrocket when im on my keyboard heh
posted 08-15-2004 12:38:01 PM
hey, maybe we could modify an existing game to make it MMO. I have it, MMORogue. Anyone here every play Rogue?
"Buzz Beer, the beer of attainable women!"
"You try balancing a cow on the end of a fencepost to wield it like a club. Thats a physical damn challenge!"
"The only problem i have is too much aggro."
Mod
Pancake
posted 08-15-2004 12:47:51 PM
Because we can barely fill up an ET server during most of the day.
Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 08-15-2004 03:20:45 PM
Don't we already have WR?
Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 08-15-2004 03:35:30 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael was all like:
Very Important: Secret Cow Level

No no, Cow Launchers and hamsters with Greatswords!

I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 08-16-2004 12:11:00 AM
Whatever happened to the EC Mud? I think I logged on once before it was taken down forever.
Lashanna
noob
posted 08-16-2004 10:22:04 PM
Winter's Roar is as close as it gets.

Made, designed, and run by an ECer.

You can raid Parcelan, Adrecia, Lenlalron, and Rosaline at different parts of the game (And lots of other mobs have more subtle names that are connected to EC)

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
merei
Pancake
posted 08-17-2004 03:00:23 AM
WTF... I log in as me, but it posts as Merei????

merei fucked around with this message on 08-17-2004 at 03:02 AM.

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 08-17-2004 03:13:47 AM
quote:
merei was listening to Cher while typing:
WTF... I log in as me, but it posts as Merei????

Change it back

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
*Tal*
Pancake
posted 08-17-2004 05:25:42 AM
quote:
Waisz got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
Change it back

It was just a crude joke about "raiding" Rosa and Addy... Made on my wife's account instead of mine.. nothing to see here, move along.

They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 08-17-2004 06:46:57 AM
quote:
*Tal* had this to say about Captain Planet:
It was just a crude joke about "raiding" Rosa and Addy... Made on my wife's account instead of mine.. nothing to see here, move along.

I know damn well what it said.

Waisz fucked around with this message on 08-17-2004 at 06:48 AM.

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: