EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: WoW Location: The Shimmering Flats
Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-06-2004 07:43:09 AM
I just thought I'd share this, since I thought it was cool. First, a little backstory:

The Shimmering Flats are based southeast of the Thousand Needles (Horde territory). There, a group of goblins builds rocketcars and races them against the same contraptions as the gnomes. I didn't take pictures of that, since I was busy at...

The Rustmaul Dig Site. What was I doing there? Another interesting story.

Seems the fat, ugly Dwarves recently discovered that the Titans had a hand in their creation. Dwarves being dwarves, they've started digging up Kalimdor to try and find clues as to their lineage. Possibly to find out why the Titans made them so fat and ugly.

Anyways, our beloved Warchief Thrall sent out a war party to kill the dwarves. We can't let them dig up our lands, after all. Regrettably, just as they engaged the dwarves, the greedy diggers accidently dug straight into a nest of insectoids called Sillithid. Those are the multi-legged critters you see there.

The orcs managed to escape, but the dwarves weren't so lucky. Naturally, we couldn't let this insult stand, so the remains of the war party sent me and my good friend Keo there to exact terrible revenge on the Sillithid.

After killing tons of the worthless Hive Drones above, we had to go deeper, to find the powerful Invaders and Searchers. What did we find but the Sillithid Nest itself.

That's the entrance. Mmmm. Notice the pulsating, fleshy lights that lit our way. Delicious.

Another look at their honeycomb-like structures.

Not pictured are the tons of Sillithid we had to fight our way through to get here. Killing them all left me sort of too busy to take shots.

Regardless, we fought our way through until we reached...

The Hive Central. Not too scary...until you look a little to your right.

Those are cocooned Sillithid infants. Purely visible through those transparent shells. Pretty gross just seeing them in screenshots, but what you don't see is their cocoons dripping embryonic fluids and them occasionally TWITCHING AS THEY STARE AT YOU!

Good God!

But that's a little intense. So here's me preparing to go onto a hostile planet with this teleporter, as built by the goblin engineer standing beside me.

Beam me up, Scooty.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 08-06-2004 07:45:43 AM
You really do love this game, do you?
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-06-2004 07:51:31 AM
quote:
Tarquinn Model 2000 was programmed to say:
You really do love this game, do you?

It's very fun, there are people who want to know about it and I enjoyed taking pictures of it.

If you don't like it, I'm not going to fly over to Germany and force you to read it.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 08-06-2004 07:58:37 AM
You misinterpreted my question. There was no malign in it.

It was more a case of stating the obvious.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Maradon!
posted 08-06-2004 07:59:20 AM
I quite appreciated this thread and request more
Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-06-2004 08:12:27 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Maradon! said:
I quite appreciated this thread and request more

Lemme see what I can dig up out of my archives here...

Here's a dragon I stumbled across while rolling through the Alterac Mountains.

It followed a quest I did in which there is a pretty good story...

Spoiled for those who care enough about it.

Alterac is right above the Hillsbrad Foothills, which is currently a contested zone on Azeroth. The Alliance set up a little place named Southshore...on the south shore. Good. The Forsaken have taken control of a place called Tarren Mill. There's also the town of Hillsbrad, which has a lot of Horde quests that involve killing humans and their pets.

At the behest of a long-dead novice in Tarren Mill, I sought out the rod of his long-dead master, Helcular, whom had been lynched by the humans of Southshore and left for dead. I found the rod in the hands of one of the cave yeti that lived nearby. After obtaining the rod, I had to charge it with three seperate magical pyres that were held by the yeti.

Afterwards, the novice told me to take revenge. I took the charged rod and slammed it into the grave of Helcular. The dead master animated and suddenly rose a huge army of skeletons and proceeded to rampage through Southshore, killing everyone.

Regrettably, I only lasted long enough to see him and his undead puppets kill a human warlock and a dwarf before a Southshore guard jumped me.

Here's an interesting one...does this look familiar?

Hint: If you want to challenge yourself as a Warcraft nut, don't look at the zone name in the upper right corner. Or the text in the lower right.

No? How about...now?

You can probably figure it out now.

Timpofee
Mancake
posted 08-06-2004 08:26:30 AM
I love the game.
They did SO much work on it.. from interactions between random NPCs to Quests that you can follow for whole lvls and not get tired of them <well.. the first 3 or 4 times that is> Alot of great designs and personalities in the game as well. Comedy at some of the situations and locations. Little background work like.. random stray wolf chasing mice around when they get near them. And Cougars actually hunting for food. I am overall very impressed with the game.
Thanks for the screenies Parce.. maybe ill be able to play some more soon!
Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-06-2004 08:29:30 AM
Another interesting, if worthless, tidbit: When you say "lol" or "haha" or "hehe" your character does a laughing animation.

Also, unlike any other MMOG I've seen, languages are actual languages, and not random gibberish like "pgxxaogajgagj faugagjgag."

You notice it a lot when you're fighting different races. When you fight dwarves, they'll shout stuff in Dwarvish, which sounds Scandanavian. Stuff like: "Kyld skalf schein!"

Meanwhile, if you listen to Orcish, it sounds a lot like: "Kek azz gorak." You get the idea.

By the way: "kek" is Orcish for "lol"

Maradon!
posted 08-06-2004 10:00:59 AM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Mr. Parcelan booooze lime pole over bench lick:
Here's an interesting one...does this look familiar?

Isn't that the canyon where Grom was killed?

Maradon!
posted 08-06-2004 10:02:35 AM
quote:
Maradon!ing:

Fah! I knew it before looking at the monument, AND without looking at the zone title

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 08-06-2004 10:36:22 AM
The Silithid are an elder race that inhabited the world long before any of the current player races did.

They have many many more hives in Southern Kalimdor.

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Skaw
posted 08-06-2004 05:04:27 PM
quote:
Maradon! spewed forth this undeniable truth:

Actually Grom wasn't killed.

He died from the massive explosion from Mannoraths death taxing his own fortitude.

You've failed as a WarCraft fan!

Super Kagrama
ROFLELFOLOL!!!11!1 YUO CAN'T RAED MY POSTSSE!@!11
posted 08-06-2004 05:50:00 PM
yuor skill in guens haes INCREEASED TOO PHENOEMINAEL PROPOERTIONS!!!1
i shoueld joeg threw the foreast moer offeand!!11
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 08-06-2004 05:54:20 PM
KAGRAMA!
Super Kagrama
ROFLELFOLOL!!!11!1 YUO CAN'T RAED MY POSTSSE!@!11
posted 08-06-2004 05:58:01 PM
HEALLo aend welcoem too youes!!11

oen daey i shaell BEGEAT intoo the worlaed of warcraeft beta aend joen the SWARETHY ADVENTUAERS of yuo fien foelks!!11

i shoueld joeg threw the foreast moer offeand!!11
Maradon!
posted 08-06-2004 07:30:17 PM
quote:
x--SkawO-('-'Q) :
He died from the massive explosion from Mannoraths death taxing his own fortitude.

Which killed him.

...meaning he was killed...

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 08-06-2004 07:42:39 PM
Meaning, by skaws logic, that he died. No one actively killed him.
(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Maradon!
posted 08-06-2004 09:34:49 PM
If a toilet falls on me from a three story window, it would kill me. Meaning I would have been killed.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 08-06-2004 09:54:26 PM
Man...I could have a game just devoted to the orcs...
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Taeldian
Pancake
posted 08-06-2004 10:45:59 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about John Romero:
Another interesting, if worthless, tidbit: When you say "lol" or "haha" or "hehe" your character does a laughing animation.

Also, unlike any other MMOG I've seen, languages are actual languages, and not random gibberish like "pgxxaogajgagj faugagjgag."

You notice it a lot when you're fighting different races. When you fight dwarves, they'll shout stuff in Dwarvish, which sounds Scandanavian. Stuff like: "Kyld skalf schein!"

Meanwhile, if you listen to Orcish, it sounds a lot like: "Kek azz gorak." You get the idea.

SWG is actually the same way. Saying "lol" makes you look like a retard because you look like you're laughing way too hard at something that isn't all that funny.

And wookies go Rawwrara orraaaar ara raroaarawa if you can't understand Shyriwook as opposed to just going zdsf jzdf ejgeijrgojaer grgaejgdfgdfg.

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 08-06-2004 10:51:29 PM
quote:
What sound does a dog make? Ruff. Like Mr. Parcelan's mother likes it.

Oh, on that note, if you're speaking in Orcish to a race that doesn't understand it, "zug zug" will clearly go through the filter.

Taeldian
Pancake
posted 08-06-2004 10:53:46 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Black:
Oh, on that note, if you're speaking in Orcish to a race that doesn't understand it, "zug zug" will clearly go through the filter.

That is awesome.

Aaron (the good one)
posted 08-06-2004 11:03:28 PM
Can you learn other languages? Like EQ does? Uses talents or skills (the ones that don't come naturally to you)?
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 08-06-2004 11:30:55 PM
quote:
But Delidgamond doesn't really care for music, do you?
Can you learn other languages? Like EQ does? Uses talents or skills (the ones that don't come naturally to you)?
Not at this time.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: