EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Computer troubles.
Puggy
Pancake
posted 08-05-2004 09:34:12 PM
For a while now, Ive been getting memory errors on my Dell. I decided to open it up, and dust everything off. I took out the RAM, dusted it off, and put it back in. Now when I try to turn on the computer it just beeps three times and nothing happens. The computer is on, but nothing happens on the monitor. Does anyone know what the three beeps mean or what I can do to get SOMETHING at all to happen on the screen?
Beta Tested
Pancake
posted 08-05-2004 10:23:13 PM
Usually means someone was a tard and didn't put the RAM all the way in the slots. Reseat it and make sure you get it in good. Happens to me and my crew all the time when we mess with the inside of our PCs.
What's this thing do?
That would be sooo cool if it wasn't going to hurt us.
Melphina's Magelo
Puggy
Pancake
posted 08-05-2004 10:30:44 PM
quote:
Beta Tested's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Usually means someone was a tard and didn't put the RAM all the way in the slots. Reseat it and make sure you get it in good. Happens to me and my crew all the time when we mess with the inside of our PCs.

Ok, did it, and the beep went away, but still nothing happens on the monitor. I know the monitor is good because its got two inputs and Ive tested the computer Im on now with both of them. =/

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: