EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Batman Trailer
Legonaire
Pancake
posted 07-29-2004 04:44:15 PM
Don't know if this has been posted before, its only a quick 1 minute trailer of the new batman movie coming out next Summer. Here is to hoping it doesnt remotely resemble any of the last few.

Clicky

If animals weren't supposed to be eaten, then why are they made out of meat ??
Timpofee
Mancake
posted 07-29-2004 04:51:57 PM
so... its a "Coming of age" batman movie? well thats cool
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 07-29-2004 07:09:39 PM
quote:
Verily, Legonaire doth proclaim:
Don't know if this has been posted before, its only a quick 1 minute trailer of the new batman movie coming out next Summer. Here is to hoping it doesnt remotely resemble any of the last few.

Clicky

Well, it would be almost impossible for them to do worse than the nipples and batskates...

That has to count for something

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 07-29-2004 07:48:08 PM
The trailer does give it some promise... not showing any of that gods awful special effects the last few had. Mmmm Batman..

*fucks around*

Liam Neeson? ooooo

Trillee fucked around with this message on 07-29-2004 at 07:50 PM.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 07-29-2004 07:54:51 PM
It's supposed to be a Year One/Pre-Year One story. Tells how Bruce went from traumatized millionaire orphan to the asskicking vigilante.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 07-29-2004 07:55:39 PM
Supposedly, in this Batman movie, they're shying away from special effects, and aiming towards a realistic/gritty approach. I think most of the CGI in the movie is going to go into Batman's cloak, of all things.

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 07-29-2004 08:10:41 PM
Keep in mind that compared to, say, Spider-Man or The Hulk, the first Batman movie was pretty low in special effects. The two combat scenes (one with the Batwing, and the one where Axis Chemicals goes kaboom) had the most special effects in that movie.

So you'd be a moron expecting to go in and see Spider-Man class jumping and bouncing around.

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty

Sepia
Pancake
posted 07-30-2004 12:52:43 AM
wow...i hope it's not wretched like a few of the batman movies. i wonder who the girl is going to be. because batman movies always have a woman, you know?
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 07-30-2004 12:56:26 AM
quote:
sepia had this to say about Cuba:
wow...i hope it's not wretched like a few of the batman movies. i wonder who the girl is going to be. because batman movies always have a woman, you know?

Selena Kyle is the only woman for Batman.

Sepia
Pancake
posted 07-30-2004 12:59:15 AM
quote:
Sakkra had this to say about Knight Rider:
Selena Kyle is the only woman for Batman.

I could never agree more!!

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 07-30-2004 02:11:19 AM
Last few movies had Joel Schumacher at the helm; any comic book fan (and particularly Batman fans) develop Tourette's Syndrome at mention of that rat bastard sonofabitch. He never actually read the comics; based his vision for the city on a modern re-imagining of the old Batman TV show. So yeah, compared to Tim Burton's Batman movies, he sucks the ass.

Given that Katie Holmes is in this, I'm assuming she's the love interest. Actor credits at IMDB.com have a younger version of her character listed, so I'm guessing it's some sort of childhood friend/early crush of Bruce's. Probably one he gives up to become Batman or something.

Gary Oldman as SERGEANT James Gordon is interesting. Definitely pre-Year One. Gordon was a Lieutenant when Batman first got rolling. I like the choice, though. Gordon's got some skeletons in his closet. Should be interesting.

I'm wondering who Liam Neeson is playing, though. I know Michael Caine's playing Alfred (I believe the last actor who played him died), and I'm very happy to see Morgan Freeman playing Lucius Fox (can't think of someone I'd rather see playing the hyper-scrupulous money manager for Waynetech). My guess is that if Neeson's really in (and he's on the websites' pics), he might be playing Zatarra the Magician (who taught Bruce escape artistry, etc).

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 07-30-2004 04:14:26 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about Tron:
I know Michael Caine's playing Alfred (I believe the last actor who played him died),

No, but he is ninety(well, like 88) years old. And seeing as how this happens when Bruce is younger, it wouldn't make sense to have a ninety year old Alfred.

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 07-30-2004 04:20:02 PM
I hear Liam Neeson is playing Henri Ducard.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 07-30-2004 08:37:20 PM
I have no idea who Henry Ducard is

General Nitro
Pancake
posted 08-03-2004 10:59:19 PM
Henri Ducard is one of the men who helped train Batman.
Manjusri
Pancake
posted 08-03-2004 11:09:17 PM
who cares about them. CHRISTIAN BALE is going to be batman, yes, THE christian bale

AMERICAN PSYCHO (best movie evar)
Equilibrium
Newsies
The Machinist

If i ever had a man crush, oh yeah, its christian bale.

BEST ACTOR EVER

Manjusri
Pancake
posted 08-03-2004 11:14:58 PM
just in case you forgot what he looks like

pic link

CHRISTIAN BALE

the only beef i have with this film is the batmobile seen here

Batmobile

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 08-04-2004 12:00:44 AM
Ken Watanabe playing Ra's Al Ghul!

Sweet =)

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 08-04-2004 01:44:42 AM
quote:
General Nitro thought about the meaning of life:
Henri Ducard is one of the men who helped train Batman.

Who, to my knowledge, has never been mentioned in the comic, which was my point.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: