EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Paypall
Lalamile
My title doesn't even make sense any more
posted 07-22-2004 07:27:32 PM
I'm about to start a PayPall account, what is the safest way to use it, and/or do any of you have horror stories about it, or warnings against it?
Aaron (the good one)
posted 07-22-2004 07:28:55 PM
I suggest using Paypal. Paypall sounds like a rip off.
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Lalamile
My title doesn't even make sense any more
posted 07-22-2004 07:29:52 PM
Sorry, it is in fact Paypal, I just put two "l"'s at the end for some reason.
Maradon!
posted 07-22-2004 07:47:08 PM
I use it as a "reserve tank". Any time I need to set money aside every month for something, I transfer it into my paypal account.

Never had any problems.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 07-22-2004 07:47:38 PM
It's pretty secure and safe.

I use it a lot and have never had a single problem.

Ares
posted 07-22-2004 07:59:16 PM
I know Azizza lost quite a bit of money with it, but I think for small transactions it's good.

I like it for my commissions, cause I get paid quickly, and I can send out orders quickly.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 07-22-2004 08:37:38 PM
I've done pretty well with it. My EC subscription is tied to PayPal, and I've used it for my eBay transactions without a problem.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Talonus
Loner
posted 07-22-2004 09:01:20 PM
As Ares said, for small transactions its good. For bigger transactions you can run into problems. Try and avoid anything over $1k if you can.

Personally, I've had a problem in the past where it double charged me and the cash from the second charge went to... nowhere. Took about two weeks to get that sorted out. That's definitely a rare situation in smaller cash transactions though.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: