EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: What makes a character your "main" character?
Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 07-12-2004 05:05:37 PM
Despite the fact that Keina Galford is my richest, most successful character and the fact that she lives in one of the top cities of Tarquinas(SWG), she's not my main character. I enjoy playing Lonnehart(Chilastra) a lot more, and more often than not I consider him my main character.

So, why is your main character the "main" one even though you have other characters?

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 07-12-2004 05:23:35 PM
Your main character is the one you play more on a regular basis.

Me, I have 3 characters. Traca Frenan, Lyo'Tau, and Yrei. Traca is my main character. She was the firsto ne I made, and the one I enjoyed most. Lyo and Yrei are secondaries. I may play Lyo more now, but I'll be back to Traca later.

I guess it is just the character you enjoy playing the most.

Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 07-12-2004 05:57:14 PM
I only have one character atm, thus, why she is my main.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 07-12-2004 05:59:37 PM
I only ever have one character at a time.
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 07-12-2004 06:10:24 PM
I only really ever have 1 charecter that I play to level up and such.

The rest are mules, tradeskill ho's, or name reserves.

(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Malbi
posted 07-12-2004 06:16:18 PM
Deadjim is my main cause I have done more with him, met more people and left memorable impressions on others. I enjoy him and look forward to the day he goes from Deadjim the Thief, to Deadjim the Samurai
I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
Espio Idsavant
You have gotten better at Being a Lush! (200)
posted 07-12-2004 06:41:26 PM
My 'main' character is the one that I raid with.
And you can still be free, If time will set you free
And going higher than the mountain tops
And go high like the wind don't stop...

[ My gooberish Live Journal thingy ]

Bummey the Fool
Prefers to play with men
posted 07-12-2004 10:27:15 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Espio Idsavant:
My 'main' character is the one that I raid with.

What if you raid with both? Ha!

Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 07-13-2004 12:09:08 AM
My main character is Ruvyen (o' course), and in any game, he's definitely the most Warrior-type character, and something similar to half-elves/half-breeds (he'd be a Mutant in CoH... Human blood, but there's something different...)

Why play Ruvyen? First, as I've developed the character, he's become very fun to play. Not exactly a hero, but not quite an anti-hero either. Kinda modest, he ends up being an awesome whirlwind of steel, but always thinks of himself as just another guy. When he does something, he's not looking to save the villagers, or get in the history books. He's just out for two things: Coin and cleavage. On the other hand, he does have a good heart, and is known to relentlessly fight evil. Almost something between Chaotic Good and Chaotic Neutral, only without the heaping gobs of insanity that CN implies.

Second, I've become familiar with the character, and the name is starting to become like a second name for me. I'll respond to it just as I'd respond to my real name Because of this, he makes a great "backup" character, if I can't think of another concept in time (and believe me, this happens quite a bit).

Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Rhiannah
WAI!!!
posted 07-13-2004 05:46:23 AM
In the various games I've played, I've been Rhia and I've been Azy but in the end, I almost always find I enjoy playing Rhia better. Why? In terms of characters, Azy is melee and deception while Rhia is a nuker and I've found that I enjoy blasting things from a distance more than I do having to get up close and personal.

I'm an individual. Just like everyone else!

Espio Idsavant
You have gotten better at Being a Lush! (200)
posted 07-13-2004 07:48:49 AM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Bummey the Fool said this:
What if you raid with both? Ha!

I don't.
And you can still be free, If time will set you free
And going higher than the mountain tops
And go high like the wind don't stop...

[ My gooberish Live Journal thingy ]

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 07-13-2004 02:36:47 PM
Hard to say. KaLourin DthBlayde will always be my main, in any game medium.. online or off. Started out on a mud, advanced all the way to immortal status on numerous muds. I guess he's my main due to the character history and personality developed over the last 10 years or so. Every rpg i've ever played, there is always a version of KaL.
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Jania Arindelil
Is really cute and cuddly... just needs a hug
posted 07-13-2004 02:53:09 PM
Melisande is my main because the enchanter class is my favorite.

Jania Arindelil
Dragon Guardian, Grandmaster Archer
Very Cranky Person
"I'll torture you so slowly, you'll think it's a career." - Darwin Mayflower
diadem
eet bugz
posted 07-13-2004 03:27:41 PM
the main's what you call your main, simple as that....

i play Empty Butcher a lot more than Lord Ares in CoH, but Lord Ares is still my main

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Cherveny
Papaya
posted 07-13-2004 03:43:36 PM
Two factors usually:
1) Main in most games will be the character thats most fun to play
2) Main in the games that I tend to RP in more will be the one that has the most established reputation, most interesting backstory, most developed character traits, etc. (For me, my main RP game is UO.)
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: