EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Attn Canadians
Jessica Rabbit v2.0
Pancake
posted 06-28-2004 07:36:07 PM
So its voting day...

I just went and voted a lil while ago. This was my first time and it was a lil intemidating at first I voted NDP. I find there stance on most issues (ie gay right, govenment spending, education and such) to be the best.

So I ask you fellow canadian, did you vote, if so what party? And if you want why? I dont want this to turn into a big political debate, just maybe give a few reasons. And just in case, if we have any underage canadians, if you could vote which would you pick?

~bunny

Check out my art
Check out my stock photos
Ares
posted 06-28-2004 07:40:00 PM
No, because I dislike all of the candiates for the provincial election.

I hate politics anyways. All liars and cheaters.

YES THAT'S YOU MCGUINTY!

BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 06-28-2004 07:40:31 PM
quote:
Jessica Rabbit v2.0 had this to say about Pirotess:
So its voting day...

I just went and voted a lil while ago. This was my first time and it was a lil intemidating at first I voted NDP. I find there stance on most issues (ie gay right, govenment spending, education and such) to be the best.

So I ask you fellow canadian, did you vote, if so what party? And if you want why? I dont want this to turn into a big political debate, just maybe give a few reasons. And just in case, if we have any underage canadians, if you could vote which would you pick?

~bunny

*high fives* we do think alike, and didn't even talk about politics.

you so have to come out with us next time Jess... It was a blast.

now, my reasons for voting NDP are largely due to the education and gay marriage rights factors...

other than that, nothign except taxes piqued my interest.

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 06-28-2004 07:46:33 PM
Just got back from voting as well. I voted Green Party.
'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
BeauChan
posted 06-28-2004 08:34:09 PM
Liberals are leading... NDP is in third.

FREAKING HELL>

BeauChan fucked around with this message on 06-28-2004 at 08:34 PM.

Maradon!
posted 06-28-2004 11:16:31 PM
damn dirty liberals.
BeauChan
posted 06-28-2004 11:17:41 PM
quote:
Maradon!'s fortune cookie read:
damn dirty liberals.

Stupid Minority Governments.

Jessica Rabbit v2.0
Pancake
posted 06-29-2004 12:22:46 AM
Its better then conservatives... i guess >_<
Check out my art
Check out my stock photos
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 06-29-2004 12:56:41 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Jessica Rabbit v2.0 said:
Its better then conservatives... i guess >_<

Not really. The conservatives, while crazy, will atleast admit to all the missing money as opposed to many scandals ;D

Ares
posted 06-29-2004 12:49:24 PM
I find it funny that you guys actually thought that the NDP party would have a chance. o_O It's always been a run against the Liberals and the Conservatives.
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 06-29-2004 12:54:45 PM
diadem
eet bugz
posted 06-29-2004 01:00:32 PM
quote:
Liam had this to say about John Romero:
Not really. The conservatives, while crazy, will atleast admit to all the missing money as opposed to many scandals ;D

o_O

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 06-29-2004 01:00:36 PM
hehe... lookat the cute little canadians. if you didn't know better you'd think they're peoples!
On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 06-29-2004 01:00:36 PM
Nevermind voting, I'd be running for Communist Dictator. And then, from my home base in Montreal, I would take over the world. Starting with Australia. We would take their dropbears for use as death machines.
Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 06-29-2004 01:04:02 PM
you wont see me say something like this often, so remeber it clearly:

Our choices, as Canadian, is not worft the shit in out clean sewers!

THe Politicien we have to vote for are fucking dumm ass, that are So fucking old mined, so out of date and dont know shit of the real needs in canada that we might as well vote for Queen of england!

This sayed, This year, the goverment made sure it would be a major pain int the ass just to go actuly vote.

I REALy truly hope They, over the next 4 years, SCREW us SO damm fucking bad that we will get so shity sick of them son of bitches that people are actuly gona let in, and vote for people more intelagent that a walnut.

thank you, this is all I had to say about my contrey politics.

Burger
BANNED!
posted 06-29-2004 07:02:21 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Ares wrote:
No, because I dislike all of the candiates for the provincial election.

I hate politics anyways. All liars and cheaters.

YES THAT'S YOU MCGUINTY!

If that's the way you feel, then you should vote, but spoil your ballot. A spoiled ballot is one of the strongest protests an individual can make in a democratic society, and not voting is interpreted as voter apathy.

As for my views on the state of canadian politics, I think that the NDP is just slightly less relevant and trustworthy than the Marxist Lennonists, and it always amazes me that they get seats. Must have something to do with their roots as a labour party. Sure, they're nice agreeable folk, but they don't realize that politics isn't about making everyone happy, or trying to take care of everyone. We as a nation can't afford even more taxation and massive spending in social programs. While the NDP were in power, our deby TRIPLED. They never ran anywhere near budget and they just left the mess for others to clean up. Maybe it's just me, but while it would be nice if we could give everyone all that they wanted (lots of education spending, health care, welfare programs, financial aid for the maritimes, this that and the other) but we can'r give it to them, we have to pay for it, and it comes out of my taxes, and I can't afford to pay for all that.

So we're left with either the Bloc, the Liberals, or the conservatives. I think that the bloc is not really a sensible thing to be electing in an ontario riding, so I'm left with the age old debate.

Now most will agree that the conservatives are a little more spendthrift and protective of tax money, but they also have a bit too much of an intolerant stance on social issues. And while the liberals are a little more free with spending, I trust Martin more than I ever trusted Chrétien, having had a long tenure as financial minister and on the basis of his new very frills-free and conservative budget, and I can agree more readily with their social point of view.

To add to that, for the past while, the canadian economy has been thriving, stable, and we're the only G8 nation to be running a budget surplus, that says something.

Now while I was so disgusted with the scandals recently that I was considering voting Conservative, the fact that Martin is cleaning house instead of covering these things up is promising. And it drew me back to the party.

And Ukko, I don't think it'll be four years, more likely under two, but under one wouldn't surprise me that much. The Liberals need to woo one of the other major parties, the conservatives will tell them to take a hike (being the opposition and on the rise from where they once were and itching for another election), the bloc wouldn't consider it, and any alliance with the NDP will be short lived because they just don't see eye to eye enough on social spending.

We'll get another election before long, and I expect that the next one will be either a minority win for the conservatives (which I wouldn't mind too much) or a large majority win for the Liberals. Just depends on how well Martin does.

Bite me.

No, Really. Bite me.

Aaron (the good one)
posted 06-29-2004 07:08:44 PM
What?
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Super Kagrama
ROFLELFOLOL!!!11!1 YUO CAN'T RAED MY POSTSSE!@!11
posted 06-29-2004 07:39:47 PM
a voet foer me si a VOET FOER ME!!!!!1111
i shoueld joeg threw the foreast moer offeand!!11
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 06-29-2004 07:51:25 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when diadem wrote:
o_O

What? Canadian politics aren't an amazing example of morality.

Pesco
Is a copyright of Peachis. Don't underestimate his pants, either.
posted 06-29-2004 10:05:18 PM
Wait.. Yall vote for a party over a person?
Mod
Pancake
posted 06-29-2004 10:09:04 PM
quote:
Pesco spewed forth this undeniable truth:

IIRC they vote for seperate candidates in small voting districts, who then are dispatched to Parliament, then Parliament elects a prime minister who nominates a government.

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 06-29-2004 10:18:48 PM
Actually each party has a local representative who we vote on. Based on the numer of districts held by each party, a government is formed.
Nina
posted 06-29-2004 10:27:42 PM
The Bloc wins.
BeauChan
posted 06-29-2004 10:30:15 PM
I was surprised to even see them there... lol.
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 06-29-2004 10:33:07 PM
quote:
So quoth BeauChan:
I was surprised to even see them there... lol.

Ever hear of Quebec? ;D

Nina
posted 06-29-2004 10:36:43 PM
I'm amazed we didn't even get one conservative. Seems like we're the only ones who still value our rights... Just look at Alberta!
BeauChan
posted 06-29-2004 10:47:26 PM
quote:
Liam spewed forth this undeniable truth:
Ever hear of Quebec? ;D

yeah
but aren't they a sep...

OH... well now that's not as surprising.

well, only 61% of eligible voters voted...

sadf

Burger
BANNED!
posted 06-29-2004 11:49:26 PM
quote:
Pesco had this to say about Cuba:

Each voting district is called a "riding" and whichever individual gets the most votes in a riding has a seat in the house of parliment. Whichever party has the most seats forms the government, with the leader of the party taking the role of Prime Minister. Whoever has the second most seats forms the official opposition, and their leader is the official leader of the opposition.

If the party with the most seats doesn't attain a majority, then they're a minority government (pretty intuitive, huh?), and it's very likely that there will be a vote of no confidence before long (a vote in the house of parliment where the majority of votes are AGAINST the party in power). When that happens, the government is dissolved and there is another election.

Bite me.

No, Really. Bite me.

Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 06-30-2004 11:35:00 AM
yup, sad, there's no othere words.

Here in Quebec, We prety much desided to vote for the future, not for the moment =P

Ares
posted 06-30-2004 12:08:03 PM
quote:
BeauChan had this to say about pies:
yeah
but aren't they a sep...

OH... well now that's not as surprising.

well, only 61% of eligible voters voted...

sadf

Isn't that turn out better than the last provincial election?

BeauChan
posted 06-30-2004 12:23:56 PM
quote:
This one time, at Ares camp:
Isn't that turn out better than the last provincial election?

I think the last one was 68... and the election before that was 65... so, it's all irrellevant(sp?) I guess.... The liberals just KEEP GETTING ELECTED.

BeauChan fucked around with this message on 06-30-2004 at 12:24 PM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: