EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: BEES!
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 06-16-2004 02:43:31 PM
Honey anyone?

quote:
BOZEMAN, Montana (AP) -- A tractor-trailer overturned on a curve on a highway, spilling its load of hundreds of bee hives and unleashing some nine million angry honey bees.

That would scare me so much! I don't like bees!

Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 06-16-2004 02:56:54 PM
In a word, eeek!!! *shudders* I've only been stung once, and I never want to be stung again. The poor fellow who got stung 60 times rounding up the bees, they couldn't pay me enough to do his job.

Kaglaaz How'ler fucked around with this message on 06-16-2004 at 02:57 PM.

http://www.bloodfin.net
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 06-16-2004 02:57:58 PM
Thats when you bring in the heavy duty smoke machines..fill the place up with smoke.
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 06-16-2004 02:58:38 PM
Now that's what I call a sticky situation!
Razor
posted 06-16-2004 03:00:22 PM
Yarg.... I am deathly alergic to the little fuckers...

But I have learned how to handle them safely. We even had a small hive at our old house, one of the last that was non africanized the guy said. Drove through a migrating hive the other day even.

The little buggers are nice, if you're nice to them.

Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 06-16-2004 03:10:21 PM
I have quasi-nightmares of bees (Or wasps.. argh h8 wasps) trying to sting my face.

If I was on that highway, I woulda rolled up my windows, even if it was 100 degrees out.

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 06-16-2004 03:30:55 PM
I have only been stung once. I was riding on the back of my friend's moped, and a bee hit me in the neck.

Or did I hit it?

Who knows.. all I know is it freakin' hurts!

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 06-16-2004 03:35:22 PM
Try having a wasp go up your pants and sting you multiple times up your leg and your butt

Unlike bees, those little bastards don't lose their stinger after one sting.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 06-16-2004 03:38:03 PM
I would never do the bee thing.

Send me to war, let people shoot at me, but god knows I will never wade through a sea of bees.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 06-16-2004 03:43:50 PM
quote:
How.... Katrinity.... uughhhhhh:
Try having a wasp go up your pants and sting you multiple times up your leg and your butt

Unlike bees, those little bastards don't lose their stinger after one sting.

nononono!

OW OW OW!

I don't like wasps either! Most bugs plain freak me out, but ones that I know can hurt me, really do!

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 06-16-2004 03:58:16 PM
quote:
Katrinity impressed everyone with:

That reminds me of a golf joke:

A woman walks into the club infirmary, yelling "Ow, OW!" The doctor asks "What's wrong?" The woman says "A bee stung me between the first and second holes!" The doctor says "Well, your stance is too wide."

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 06-16-2004 04:05:25 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when JooJooFlop said this:
That reminds me of a golf joke:

A woman walks into the club infirmary, yelling "Ow, OW!" The doctor asks "What's wrong?" The woman says "A bee stung me between the first and second holes!" The doctor says "Well, your stance is too wide."

omg.. hahahah

Peter
Pancake
posted 06-16-2004 04:31:37 PM
Hay, thats the place I were is was born, and I add nothing else to the thread.
qwertyu
Pancake
posted 06-16-2004 06:05:06 PM
One time when I was like ten years old I was camping, walking on some pretty grown in trails in the woods with my dad. I was wearing shorts and walked right over a bees/hornests/whatever hive. there was a shitload of them all over my legs and my dad picked me up and brushed them off as fast as he could. Ended up getting stung about 20-25 times all over my legs. Lucky for me im not allergic. After that I got carried back to camp crying
Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 06-16-2004 09:14:39 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Peter wrote:
Hay, thats the place I were is was born, and I add nothing else to the thread.

Between the first and second holes?

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 06-16-2004 09:24:12 PM
I remember at a party one time, my buddy was taking a piss in the woods, and a bee stung him on the end of his cock.

Apparently it really, really hurt.

'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 06-16-2004 09:27:36 PM
quote:
Katrinity had this to say:

Mortious shrinks himself into a small metal wasp, and crawls up Kat's pants. He promptly gets lost around the back of the knee and has to ask for directions.

Chugga
Pancake
posted 06-16-2004 11:33:12 PM
Meh, I'd do it. I've felt worse pain than being stung, and when you're stung as much as beekeepers and such are, it becomes second nature. It's really not as bad as you people make it out to bee. ooo bad pun.
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 06-16-2004 11:34:44 PM
I got tazed by police today. It hurts far worse than a beesting.
Genericgirl
Generictitle
posted 06-16-2004 11:45:44 PM
quote:
Sakkra had this to say about the Spice Girls:
I got tazed by police today. It hurts far worse than a beesting.

Laughs. What did you do? Or not do? As this case may bee. Hee hee.

I've been stung many different times. A friend of ours who lives on a farm has problems with wasp nests sometimes. I remember a nest that was huge and it was in a tree next to the road where the cattle passed by. I couldn't put my arms all the way around it... not that I would.. but thats how big it was.

Bee stings are also used in treatment for MS, neoropathy and other stuff. Not sure I would ever go for that treatment tho.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 06-16-2004 11:50:36 PM
quote:
From the book of Genericgirl, chapter 3, verse 16:
Laughs. What did you do? Or not do? As this case may bee. Hee hee.

I just got hired with the police department, so as part of orientation we had a class on the equipment the officers use (I was hired as a civilian in the records center), and was dumb enough to volunteer.

Genericgirl
Generictitle
posted 06-16-2004 11:54:15 PM
Awwww lucky you. Congrats on the new job.
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 06-16-2004 11:56:45 PM
Thank you.
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 06-17-2004 12:05:18 AM
quote:
Sakkra wrote this stupid crap:
Thank you.

omg you work for evil Metro!

haha grats Sakkra!

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 06-17-2004 12:22:28 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Nae said:
omg you work for evil Metro!

haha grats Sakkra!

Metro good, Highway patrol and City Marshalls evil.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: