EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Prisoner of Azkaban
Jania Arindelil
Is really cute and cuddly... just needs a hug
posted 06-04-2004 10:47:22 AM
I'm making this thread in preparation for going to see this in exactly 8 hours and 45 minutes. I've been waiting for the movie for months, and this thread will be rife with spoilers, so if you haven't read the books and/or seen the movies, then you might want to avoid it.

I do ask that anyone that sees it before me and replies puts things in spoilers. I've read the books, but I still don't want anything cool that might happen ruined before I get to see it. Or I will hunt you down, come to your house, and kick you in the head.

Have a nice day

Jania Arindelil
Dragon Guardian, Grandmaster Archer
Very Cranky Person
"I'll torture you so slowly, you'll think it's a career." - Darwin Mayflower
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 06-04-2004 11:59:27 AM
Hmmm... something to go see!
Bloodrose
Pancake
posted 06-04-2004 12:07:08 PM
Yeah, we are planning on going in about 5 hours. Everything we are hearing is pointing that this movie is the best so far.
~That which yields, is not always weak~
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 06-04-2004 12:09:02 PM
I haven't read the books, but I have seen the other 2 movies. Josh loves the books and I promised him I would read them after we see the movie today.

I am looking forward to seeing it, but Josh is literally chomping at the bit!

Demos
Pancake
posted 06-04-2004 12:30:12 PM
Saw it. 12:01 showing.

It was great, but at the end it seemed kinda...unfulfilling. There was a lot of humor in this one though, it was pretty amusing in that respect. Definatly a darker one than the others, as in the books. The Dementors...sweeeet. I don't want to say much else for fear of spoilers, if nobody has read the books, so...Go see it, its worth it.

"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Yuri
posted 06-04-2004 12:41:54 PM
I'm going to go see it at 4:20 (omg smokeout!1!/). Should be good.
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 06-04-2004 12:54:19 PM
quote:
Demos impressed everyone with:
Saw it. 12:01 showing.

It was great, but at the end it seemed kinda...unfulfilling. There was a lot of humor in this one though, it was pretty amusing in that respect. Definatly a darker one than the others, as in the books. The Dementors...sweeeet. I don't want to say much else for fear of spoilers, if nobody has read the books, so...Go see it, its worth it.

The ending in the book was like that.. was like "Damn.. Poor Harry..." Granted the line about his god father being a convicted murderer to his Uncle was classic

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 06-04-2004 01:18:08 PM
I saw the 12:01 showing as well. Very good movie, and it as usual followed the book really well.

I think they only thing about the movie that just got to me was the simple fact at how much older the characters looked. I mean, I know they're older and supposed to look older as time passes, but there's just such a stark difference. Between Sorcerer's Stone and Chamber of Secrets, their appearances didn't really change all that much.. but between Secrets and Azkaban, it's reallyreallyreally noticeable, in ALL of the kids.

I want my own Knight Bus

My only disappointments was the way the Patronus was displayed and the fact that it never 'revealed' who Mooney, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs were... and I felt that was an important part of the book.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 06-04-2004 02:06:21 PM
Daniel Radcliffe.

Kegwen fucked around with this message on 06-04-2004 at 02:07 PM.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 06-04-2004 02:07:44 PM
Oops, I just noticed I used the small tag instead of the spoiler tag. Sorry :/
Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 06-04-2004 02:24:30 PM
Excellllent. And Hermoine and Ron are so cute. X.x Seems like they cut some of it out, like the big black dog being an appirition of death. Allin all, it's m yleast favorite book, and it wasn't amazing, but it was pretty good. I was in a horribly loud theatre, but.. it was still good. Oh, and I had the same issue that Bajah had. They didn't talk about the group at all, and they didn't get into why Snape had such an issue with them, really.

And it was amazing how most of the audience was late teens - HP's original fans are sticking with the series, and it's great to see. And Rupert Grint is going to be a showstopper when he gets older. He's adorable.

Gikk fucked around with this message on 06-04-2004 at 02:28 PM.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 06-04-2004 02:42:51 PM
Time and creativity issues =\

I do agree that putting little key points in like why Snape hates Potter and all that, who the Muradures were should have been placed in, but it probaly got cut out due to time...

*snickers* Would be great if they accually *did* stick those bits in the movie, and can only be seen in a director's cut.. like LoTR...

Jania Arindelil
posted 06-04-2004 03:03:11 PM
Or on the DVD, like they did with the first two. There were parts, like when Petunia is opening eggs and sees the letters coming out of them, that were in the deleted scenes.

Jania Arindelil fucked around with this message on 06-04-2004 at 03:03 PM.

Jania Arindelil
Very Cranky Person
Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 06-04-2004 03:05:20 PM
http://www.hippie.nu/~caniche/Death_Eater/

Good god.

That's frightening. ;_;

Possible spoilers for OoTP.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 06-04-2004 03:07:56 PM
Trying to cram a re-reading of the book in before we go tonight. I have about 150 pages to go...cramcramcram
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 06-04-2004 03:53:26 PM
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 06-04-2004 04:46:48 PM
I read a review somewhere that for time constraints they had to cut the background of Sirius and whatnot, as well as some quidditch ( ), but I'll probably see it tomorrow, since I didn't get up until 4pm today. x.x
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 06-04-2004 06:19:25 PM
I shall be seeing it in 56 minutes! If i can get a hold of the person who has my ticket!
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 06-04-2004 10:30:26 PM
OMG THAT FUCING ROCKED!

Now that that's out of my system...

I loved it. It was excellent. Gikk, did you ever find that choral version of the witches' chant from MacBeth that the choir performs in the movie, and that's in the trailer? I want that piece of music. Must get it.

I missed some parts, especially who the originators of the Marauder's Map were, the relationship between all of them, and the second Quidditch game, where Draco and co dress up as dementors and Harry calls up a Patronux on them, but I can understand at least why that last bit was left out. The former should have been put in, my eyes though, because it really was an important piece of information, and I'm wondering if it won't be in the deleted scenes once the DVD is out.

I have a theory, and Deth, DO NOT READ THIS as it pertains to the fifth book.

Since Harry loses Sirius in the last book I wonder if because Lupin has gotten such a raw deal, if he won't take Harry under his wing after all this is over. WHat do the rest who've read the fifth book think?

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 06-04-2004 10:39:23 PM
Yes. He's the only one left. And it's... logical, sortof.

And hopefully, it'll be on the DVD. And no, I didn't find the music. Does anyone know if it's on the soundtrack? (I'm going to buy the soundtrack anyway~)

Jania Arindelil
posted 06-04-2004 10:50:31 PM
Yeah I know. And I hope so, too. I mean I loved the movie. They did a fantastic job. But explaining the importance of some things, like that group, is a large element I think.

Jania Arindelil
Very Cranky Person
Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 06-04-2004 10:52:04 PM
I have to wait 10 days because my roommate's taking us to see it, but he's out of town on a vacation!
The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 06-04-2004 11:57:27 PM
Saw it. Loved it. Will buy the DVD.
Liked the werewolf.
I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 06-05-2004 12:13:20 AM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael wrote this stupid crap:
I loved it. It was excellent. Gikk, did you ever find that choral version of the witches' chant from MacBeth that the choir performs in the movie, and that's in the trailer? I want that piece of music. Must get it.

Go here. Get Prisoner of Azkaban - Double Trouble.mp3

Jania Arindelil
posted 06-05-2004 12:21:34 AM
quote:
Khyron's fortune cookie read:
Go here. Get Prisoner of Azkaban - Double Trouble.mp3

*yoink*

Wheeeeee

Jania Arindelil
Very Cranky Person
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 06-05-2004 12:21:56 AM
Nevermind got it.

Azizza fucked around with this message on 06-05-2004 at 12:27 AM.

"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 06-05-2004 12:25:49 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Azizza wrote:
Link no worky

Are you using IE?

If not, you may need to plug the info into a FTP program. I don't know how other browsers handle ftp:// URLs.

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 06-05-2004 12:29:12 AM
quote:
Khyron stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
Are you using IE?

If not, you may need to plug the info into a FTP program. I don't know how other browsers handle ftp:// URLs.

Nah was me screwing up.

"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Ragabash
Pancake
posted 06-05-2004 01:30:26 AM
quote:
Jania Arindelil's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
this thread will be rife with spoilers, so if you haven't read the books and/or seen the movies, then you might want to avoid it.

...but I still don't want anything cool that might happen ruined before I get to see it

I find these statements to be hilarious when put together. True, while just glancing through it looked like you're using spoilers too, the fact that you tell people this thread will contain spoilers and then ask people not to spoil it just cracks me up

I add nothing else though

Feed my hungry soul.
Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 06-05-2004 06:03:45 AM
Beautifully put together film

The effects of both the boggart and Bukbeak were incredible! I may have to see this again sometime soon

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 06-05-2004 12:30:50 PM
I really liked the movie. Josh was bitching because of things that were missing, so I am glad I didn't read the book first.

I had a hard time enjoying the movie going experience because of all the small children around us that kept talking during the movie, but the movie itself was really good.

When we left the theater, there was a woman around 30 or so dressed as a witch, with a tall black pointy hat and everything waiting in the line for the next show.

Oh.. the other thing that was annoying was this huge crowd of people in the theater... they would applaud at everything. Starting with the previews. Why would you applaud a preview?? Then during the film they kept applauding at things, and afterwards they applauded again.

Now, I have been to films that moved me to applause when it was over, but never during a preview!

Weirdos.

Mog
not really a mmembe rof tis boered
posted 06-05-2004 01:35:00 PM
Slightly off topic but i just realized it now

the 3rd and 4th book were notacibly much more dark then the first two, and i kinda assumed that was the way the series was going, but the fifth one was a huge step backward from that

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
- Self Rreliance
Jania Arindelil
posted 06-05-2004 02:45:20 PM
quote:
Ragabash Model 2000 was programmed to say:
I find these statements to be hilarious when put together. True, while just glancing through it looked like you're using spoilers too, the fact that you tell people this thread will contain spoilers and then ask people not to spoil it just cracks me up

I add nothing else though

I just meant if they talked about the movie, use spoiler tags. That way nothing is ruined for anyone.

And something I just noted. Sirius didn't sign Harry's permission form, granting him permission to go to Hogsmeade. So I wonder if they'll just leave the Hogsmeade parts out next movie. Although there are a couple key ones.

Jania Arindelil fucked around with this message on 06-05-2004 at 02:46 PM.

Jania Arindelil
Very Cranky Person
Jania Arindelil
posted 06-05-2004 02:49:02 PM
quote:
Nae obviously shouldn't have said:
I really liked the movie. Josh was bitching because of things that were missing, so I am glad I didn't read the book first.

There weren't that many things missing. They rearranged some things, cut out some things here and there-that I daresay may show up in the DVD as deleted scenes-but overall stuck with the spirit of the book, as they have with the other two movies. There are only a couple of things I can think of that relate to future things that I wish they would have put in, but they did a good job overall.

And Mog.... Not darker? Sirius dies! How much darker can you get?

Jania Arindelil
Very Cranky Person
Arttemis
Not Squire... but a guitar!
posted 06-05-2004 02:54:17 PM
quote:
Jania Arindelil had this to say about Robocop:
I just meant if they talked about the movie, use spoiler tags. That way nothing is ruined for anyone.

And something I just noted. Sirius didn't sign Harry's permission form, granting him permission to go to Hogsmeade. So I wonder if they'll just leave the Hogsmeade parts out next movie. Although there are a couple key ones.

They'll probably slip it in to the beginning of the next movie. Hogsmeade is such a huge, interesting part of the books that I doubt they'll just leave it out.

I'll probably head and see Prisoner of Azkaban later this week. Sounds like a pretty good one.

Jania Arindelil
posted 06-05-2004 02:57:47 PM
quote:
Arttemis had this to say about Cuba:
They'll probably slip it in to the beginning of the next movie. Hogsmeade is such a huge, interesting part of the books that I doubt they'll just leave it out.

I'll probably head and see Prisoner of Azkaban later this week. Sounds like a pretty good one.

But he only sees Siruis as his head in the fire until 5, IIRC. How can he sign his permission form? Vernon's not going to do it, although Petunia might be able to be pressured into it if Dumbledore said something I suppose.

Jania Arindelil
Very Cranky Person
Arttemis
Not Squire... but a guitar!
posted 06-05-2004 03:06:06 PM
quote:
Jania Arindelil had this to say about Punky Brewster:
But he only sees Siruis as his head in the fire until 5, IIRC. How can he sign his permission form? Vernon's not going to do it, although Petunia might be able to be pressured into it if Dumbledore said something I suppose.

It'll probably be something like Harry being all depressed as the first Hogsmeade trip comes around, and then the permission form will show up by owl or Dumbledore will take him aside and show him the form or something.

Jania Arindelil
posted 06-05-2004 04:40:34 PM
quote:
Arttemis Model 2000 was programmed to say:
It'll probably be something like Harry being all depressed as the first Hogsmeade trip comes around, and then the permission form will show up by owl or Dumbledore will take him aside and show him the form or something.

Good point. I still wish they'd put it in, though.

Jania Arindelil
Very Cranky Person
Abbikat
Tastes best with pudding
posted 06-05-2004 07:54:58 PM
quote:
Zephyer Kyuukaze had this to say about Duck Tales:
I have to wait 10 days because my roommate's taking us to see it, but he's out of town on a vacation!

Have to wait 10 days here, cos it dont release until June 15...

Were-Tigress Disciple of Lycanthropy
Perma-lowbie, addicted to MMORPGs
My LiveJournal

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 06-06-2004 09:03:06 AM
Was so much better than the first two movies, imo. It felt and looked so much darker.

One of the things I really enjoyed was the little details. All the sets seem painstakingly created, and it really shows. Another thing was the music... John Williams can do no wrong.

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: