EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Fun with PVP online.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 06-01-2004 12:47:14 PM
http://www.pvponline.com/rants.php3

And then he says on his front page that he isn't "trying to solicit money for drawing the strip"

http://www.pvponline.com/index.php3

I call BS.

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 06-01-2004 at 12:51 PM.

tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 06-01-2004 12:55:11 PM
Seems to me like he's not trying to soicit money for the strip. He said for all the people whining at him to use a mac to give him a dollar, and for everyone else to explicitly ignore that. He then repeated that it wasn't meant for random people who like the comic to give him a dollar, but for people who whine about him not having a mac to help him get said mac and that he felt guilty the people who weren't whining at him ave him money anyway.
There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 06-01-2004 12:58:39 PM
quote:
Vallo had this to say about John Romero:
Seems to me like he's not trying to soicit money for the strip. He said for all the people whining at him to use a mac to give him a dollar, and for everyone else to explicitly ignore that. He then repeated that it wasn't meant for random people who like the comic to give him a dollar, but for people who whine about him not having a mac to help him get said mac and that he felt guilty the people who weren't whining at him ave him money anyway.

...right.

And when people are told not to do something, they are going to do it anyway. You will have people that will click the link to read the rant to laugh about it, then give a few bucks. You will have said mac zealots give a few bucks.

Something would have to be wrong with you to not realize that saying "THIS MESSAGE IS NOT FOR YOU" will just get people to read it after all. And people that like the strip will end up giving money, whether told to or not.

Of COURSE, Scott Kurtz isn't giving their money back if they give the money because it is not the intended purpose, oh no! He'll keep it anyway.

I still call BS.

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 06-01-2004 at 12:59 PM.

tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 06-01-2004 01:01:40 PM
If someone hands me money when I didn't ask for it, I'm still keeping it.
There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 06-01-2004 01:01:52 PM
Hey, if he can get money out of it, more power to him. Nothing's coming out of my pocket.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 06-01-2004 01:04:15 PM
Also note: I'm not denying that the comics may indeed, once in awhile, be funny. Hell, I'm not even bashing hte fact that he is soliciting money from people.

What I don't like is the fact that he is trying to say that he ISNT doing so. If he were to say "Hey guys, I'd really like to pick up a mac, here are the reasons, blah blah", I'd have a hell of a lot more respect for it

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 06-01-2004 at 01:05 PM.

Noxhil
Pancake
posted 06-01-2004 02:20:53 PM
quote:
Falaanla Marr stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
Also note: I'm not denying that the comics may indeed, once in awhile, be funny. Hell, I'm not even bashing hte fact that he is soliciting money from people.

What I don't like is the fact that he is trying to say that he ISNT doing so. If he were to say "Hey guys, I'd really like to pick up a mac, here are the reasons, blah blah", I'd have a hell of a lot more respect for it

You are reading way too much into this. He isn't soliciting money, it's a rant. For rants to be more effective, you have to do things like grandstand, oversimplify, and make huge generalizations. He isn't trying to get money, he's just fed up with the mac emails. He also most likely knows he will get a few bucks from people who are entertained, yet still receive emails trying to get him to buy a mac. You seemed to take this personally, when in reality, it isn't that big of a deal, and the fact that he posted a follow-up when he started getting large amounts of money (or vindictive emails) shows that he really is just out to steal our money...

Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 06-01-2004 02:52:50 PM
quote:
If Falaanla Marr was a glacier, they'd be a fast one:
...right.

And when people are told not to do something, they are going to do it anyway. You will have people that will click the link to read the rant to laugh about it, then give a few bucks. You will have said mac zealots give a few bucks.

Something would have to be wrong with you to not realize that saying "THIS MESSAGE IS NOT FOR YOU" will just get people to read it after all. And people that like the strip will end up giving money, whether told to or not.

Of COURSE, Scott Kurtz isn't giving their money back if they give the money because it is not the intended purpose, oh no! He'll keep it anyway.

I still call BS.

THIS IS NOT FOR YOU.
Give me 5 dollers.

According to your logic, everyone who reads this will give me money. If I tell people not to, I'm a two faced lying asshole.

On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 06-01-2004 03:08:28 PM
quote:
Blindy had this to say about Captain Planet:
THIS IS NOT FOR YOU.
Give me 5 dollers.

According to your logic, everyone who reads this will give me money. If I tell people not to, I'm a two faced lying asshole.

I love you too

What I'm saying: Mr Kurtz is in a position here to where he does something people will like. People will give him money whether he says to or not if he gives them a chance to.

I don't recall calling him a two faced asshole, either. Just stating that I wished he would state what, seems to me, his real purposes behind the rant. If he wanted to shut up the mac users, he could have that link hidden and still send it to em when they email him. No need to grandstand about it on the site in a rant.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 06-01-2004 03:10:02 PM
*shrugs* He's an egotistical blowhole anyways... where's the difference, or problem?
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 06-01-2004 03:30:58 PM
quote:
Trillee's fortune cookie read:
*shrugs* He's an egotistical blowhole anyways... where's the difference, or problem?
I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 06-01-2004 03:45:10 PM
Scott Kurtz is one of the most unlikable cartoonists with one of the worst cartoons I've seen in awhile.

It started out okay, but now it's just drivel with decent art.

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 06-01-2004 03:56:50 PM
Fal is on the rag again.
Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 06-01-2004 04:08:30 PM
As long as you promess to tell me befor I turn into him, I soem time anjoy his comic, but Yes, the man changed drasticly with time.

Me on the othere hand, always, and will always welcome donation for doing free art ... unless i win millions and millions of $$$.

Then I'll be doing it the comic and Me Making donation to readers!

Still, this is true, people do send me odd e-mails of how or what i should use, Tips is nice, but when people tell you to go buy a 10K computer for doing your comic online ... and can barly live with the money i make ...

Anyhow ...

LIVE LONG! READ MORE!

*Fly's away*

Drysart
Pancake
posted 06-01-2004 09:08:19 PM
Scott Kurtz is a gigantic asshole!
Addy
posted 06-01-2004 09:14:56 PM
quote:
Drysart had this to say about pies:
Scott Kurtz is a gigantic asshole!