EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Let's see CoH slideshow on me now!
Aaron (the good one)
posted 05-31-2004 04:41:40 PM
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 05-31-2004 06:28:56 PM
Mine does with a gig of ram, if only because my processor is less then half of what yours is.

What speed is the ram? That'll make a difference. I know I get a long pause (My mouse still moves, and stuff) when I go to the enhancement screen after zoning once or twice, or the ID screen.

Aaron (the good one)
posted 05-31-2004 07:08:06 PM
PC2700 333MHz
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 05-31-2004 07:15:43 PM
quote:
Blah blah blah Delidgamond blah blah blah...
PC2700 333MHz

Okay, I offically hate you now.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 05-31-2004 07:22:58 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Delphi Aegis wrote:
What speed is the ram? That'll make a difference. I know I get a long pause (My mouse still moves, and stuff) when I go to the enhancement screen after zoning once or twice, or the ID screen.

That seems to be pretty normal. Happened on both my machines here at the house -- P4 2.2 w/ 1 gig of PC2700, and on my P4 3.0c with a gig of PC3200.

Only started happening recently, so I'm guessing it may have something to do with lag.

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 05-31-2004 at 07:23 PM.

Cap'n Elethi
I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt...
posted 05-31-2004 09:35:24 PM
Yeah...

In the penis-waving contest of slowest City of Heroes, my Geforce 2 with a 1.1ghz Thunderbird and 512 PC133 wins.

It's totally playable, surprisingly, I just have the graphics turned way, way down.

Elethi Rian, A Man Of Many Talents
Aaron (the good one)
posted 05-31-2004 09:48:43 PM
quote:
That damn dirty Cap'n Elethi rudely interrupted me to say;
Yeah...

In the penis-waving contest of slowest City of Heroes, my Geforce 2 with a 1.1ghz Thunderbird and 512 PC133 wins.

It's totally playable, surprisingly, I just have the graphics turned way, way down.

Oh dare you come back here after what you've done!!!!

Cap'n Elethi
I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt...
posted 05-31-2004 09:49:47 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Delidgamond!
Oh dare you come back here after what you've done!!!!

Shit. You found out?
Elethi Rian, A Man Of Many Talents
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 05-31-2004 10:04:32 PM
Heh, why is everyone's first solution to every problem "Throw more RAM at it"? Why not remove an actual bottleneck first?
[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 05-31-2004 10:48:43 PM
Becsuse just removing a bottleneck doesn't allow one to show off their massive compu-wang.
Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 05-31-2004 10:55:46 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Waisz:
Heh, why is everyone's first solution to every problem "Throw more RAM at it"? Why not remove an actual bottleneck first?

Looks like RAM could have been the bottleneck here -- the 2400+ wasn't the bottleneck, and I think Deli has a pretty decent vid card. If I remember right, he had 256 or 512 RAM, though, which WOULD bottleneck his system.

Delphi Aegis
posted 05-31-2004 10:56:09 PM
quote:
Blah blah blah Waisz blah blah blah...

I've had this bottleneck for four years; I'd replace it if I could. And I will, this summer (A few weeks after my birthday most likely.).

Delid was complaining because during travel, he was getting a lot of choppiness from the textures and whatnot having to be loaded and whatnot and deleted and crap.

Mightion Defensor
posted 06-01-2004 01:22:45 AM
The actual wang-waving comes from someone with 1 gb of pc3200 running in Dual Channel mode who can travel fairly seamlessly with his system, and could get it even smoother if he turned off the antialiasing and anistropic filtering of his video card.

At least that's what they tell me.

Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 06-01-2004 01:26:54 AM
I have a P3 800, 256 PC133 SD ram, and an ATI Radeon 9000. However, it's still perfectly runnable except in the peak hours.
Led
*kaboom*
posted 06-01-2004 01:27:25 AM
My compu-wang is greater, and my system is over a year old
Delphi Aegis
posted 06-01-2004 03:37:50 AM
Wanna really wave j0r Compu-wang?

/showfps 1
/netstat 1

Aaron (the good one)
posted 06-01-2004 03:54:51 AM
quote:
That damn dirty Delphi Aegis rudely interrupted me to say;
Wanna really wave j0r Compu-wang?

/showfps 1
/netstat 1

what does netstat do?

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 06-01-2004 03:04:38 PM
if its the same as EQ: ping, inbound/outbound packetloss and data flowrate
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 06-01-2004 03:07:44 PM
quote:
Falaanla Marr Model 2000 was programmed to say:
Looks like RAM could have been the bottleneck here -- the 2400+ wasn't the bottleneck, and I think Deli has a pretty decent vid card. If I remember right, he had 256 or 512 RAM, though, which WOULD bottleneck his system.

I doubt to 1.5GB would make a difference. It's not large enough to replace the page file entirely, so...

Certainly, up to 1GB would probably be good, and then save the rest or change the video card.

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Delphi Aegis
posted 06-01-2004 03:23:46 PM
quote:
Blah blah blah KaLourin blah blah blah...
if its the same as EQ: ping, inbound/outbound packetloss and data flowrate

Much more detailed (And more like an FPS'ers netstat), but yes.

Aaron (the good one)
posted 06-01-2004 03:34:27 PM
It's netgraph (0-3)
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: