EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Bubba-Hotep
diadem
eet bugz
posted 05-25-2004 07:40:09 PM
any good?
play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Grendel
Pancake
posted 05-25-2004 08:32:24 PM
Yes. I saw it months ago at the royal oak premire and it is an awsome movie. The DVD is good and has a fair amount of special features although I have yet to watch them yet. It's definatley a renter and if your a fan of Brue Campbell or Don Coscarelli then buy it.
Zair
The Imp
posted 05-26-2004 02:16:09 AM
I just watched it today...pretty wacky.

Worth a rental I suppose. Not great, but funny and unlike anything I have seen before.

D Spot
Pancake
posted 05-26-2004 02:33:59 PM
I saw it awhile ago, I thought it was really funny. Definately worth at least a rental.
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 05-26-2004 02:37:19 PM
Swear to god, the people at the Best Buy near my work would not believe that Bubba Ho-Tep was an actual movie.

Blockbuster had a ton though

I bought it, haven't had time to watch the special features, but the movie rocks. It is certainly... a niche film. I mean, it was like conceived from the very beginning to be a cult classic, heh.

Plus it stars Bruce "Jesus Christ" Campbell, you just can't go wrong with that!

I reccommend renting before buying, a 70 year old Elvis and a wheelchair using elderly black man who thinks he is JFK doing battle with a 3,000 year old cowboy boot wearing mummy isn't everyone's particular cup of tea I imagine...

Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 05-26-2004 03:26:37 PM
I thought this thread's title referred to some weird nickname for Deth's sisterupo. Hmm.

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 05-27-2004 03:03:10 AM
My mom is getting it for my dad - Father's Day.

He's a bruce campbell and B movie FANATIC. It's because of him I gre up watching MST3K. ^_^

I love my Dad. ^-^

El Cuchillo
RETARD! DO NOT FEED!
posted 05-27-2004 01:48:50 PM
When I saw the ad for this on TV my jaw dropped. "Who on earth thought that was a good idea?"

Then I read this thread, saw that it had Bruce Campbell in it, and it all makes sense.

Strip Club - Online Comic Reader and Archiver for Linux and Windows (and maybe OSX)
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: