EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Customer rant!
Mightion Defensor
posted 04-27-2004 07:50:51 PM
"How can I help you today?"

"The text on my 17 inch LCD is really grainy!"

"What resolution are you running at?"

"1024x768."

"There's your problem, the monitor's native resolution is 1280x1024. Let's switch it..."

doo doo doo doo doo doo (Think Wayne and Garth.)

"Hey, the text is much clearer now! But now it's too smallllllll....."

There is still no "kill" button on my phone. This is justice?

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 04-27-2004 07:53:10 PM
This isn't very good
Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 04-27-2004 07:53:14 PM
You'll have to forgive me for not getting that.

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Zair
The Imp
posted 04-27-2004 07:54:10 PM
Maybe I can relate to the stupid people (because I am one of them), but that didn't seem too unreasonable.
Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 04-27-2004 07:55:16 PM
quote:
Gunslinger Moogle wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
You'll have to forgive me for not getting that.

LCD's have a 'native resolution'--a resolution they were designed for (for 17", it's generally 1280x1024). To display other resolutions, they have to do some funky tricks to display things correctly, and as such, things tend to look like grainy ass when not running in the native resolution.

Some people (blind people) can't read text very well at higher resolutions though.

Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 04-27-2004 07:58:18 PM
st
quote:
Alidane had this to say about Duck Tales:
LCD's have a 'native resolution'--a resolution they were designed for (for 17", it's generally 1280x1024). To display other resolutions, they have to do some funky tricks to display things correctly, and as such, things tend to look like grainy ass when not running in the native resolution.

Some people (blind people) can't read text very well at higher resolutions though.

My
still stands.

Sorry mate.

"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 04-27-2004 08:01:39 PM
What type of text was the customer complaining about? If it's in IE, she can hold cntrl and use the mousewheel to increase/decrease the main text size.

For everything else, tough shit.

Burger
BANNED!
posted 04-27-2004 08:02:05 PM
maybe change the default icon and text sizes up a little? or adjust the monitor DPI setting?
Bite me.

No, Really. Bite me.

Mightion Defensor
posted 04-27-2004 08:11:44 PM
My point was....

THE CUSTOMER ARE NEVER FUCKING HAPPY.

Give them a glass of lemonade on a hot sunny day and they'll complain about the shape of the glass.

Burger
BANNED!
posted 04-27-2004 08:14:49 PM
quote:
Mightion Defensor had this to say about Optimus Prime:
My point was....

Give them a glass of lemonade on a hot sunny day and they'll complain about the shape of the glass.

so?

and it's your job to make them happy.

isn't that a lovely feeling?

Bite me.

No, Really. Bite me.

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 04-27-2004 08:15:21 PM
I wanted a square glass... they tip over less.

But, I want it to look like a round glass.

And.. I really want Kool-aid.

Darius!
Pancake
posted 04-27-2004 08:30:21 PM
The only time I've ever been unhappy with customer service was when my DaoC account subscription ran out and they wouldn't renew it because I didn't have some secret password or something.
Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 04-27-2004 08:31:52 PM
quote:
Mightion Defensor had this to say about Cuba:
My point was....

Ah.

And now we're complaining about your story, too. Isn't that ironic?

poor mightion.

can you please fix my title
posted 04-27-2004 08:39:07 PM
quote:
Mightion Defensor enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
My point was....

next words out of your mouth should have been and heres how we can fix that. I dont see this as a problem customer i see it as a CSR who doesnt enjoy thier job.

Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
Mightion Defensor
posted 04-27-2004 08:42:18 PM
quote:
Somthor was naked while typing this:
next words out of your mouth should have been and heres how we can fix that. I dont see this as a problem customer i see it as a CSR who doesnt enjoy thier job.

Captain Obvious strikes again.

Go away, you're not my supervisor and I sure as hell don't need you telling me how to do my job.

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 04-27-2004 08:44:23 PM
If there's one thing I learned from working customer service, it's that God hates me.
Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-27-2004 08:46:57 PM
quote:
Mightion Defensor impressed everyone with:

Go away, you're not my supervisor and I sure as hell don't need you telling me how to do my job.

I shall now take the fence-straddling position.

On the one hand, you really do complain about your job...a lot, I mean.

But on the other, I respect your right to rant and vent every now and again.

So, in conclusion, what I'm trying to get at is: What's for dinner?

posted 04-27-2004 08:47:12 PM
quote:
Mightion Defensor wrote, obviously thinking too hard:

Nope I am not your supervisor be glad thats the case. when you posted your gripe that was a invatation for commentary. from the mannor you vented it sounded like you didnt do your job as well as you could have. Im sure in every other respect you are the best CSR they have. People all have their bad days and their frustrations.

so did the customer end the call feeling satisfied?

Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 04-27-2004 08:50:16 PM
I won't be satisfied until I finally invent a way to stab Somthor in the face over the internet.
Mightion Defensor
posted 04-27-2004 08:51:04 PM
quote:
Somthor wrote this stupid crap:
Nope I am not your supervisor be glad thats the case. when you posted your gripe that was a invatation for commentary. from the mannor you vented it sounded like you didnt do your job as well as you could have. Im sure in every other respect you are the best CSR they have. People all have their bad days and their frustrations.

so did the customer end the call feeling satisfied?

For the record, I'm very good at my job, I nicely assisted the customer with the IE font settings and stuff, and she was satisfied. I rant here because I can't rant at the customer.

When you buy a Sony product and get me on the line for technical support, THEN you can comment on how I do my job.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-27-2004 08:51:54 PM
Back when I was a phone sex salesman, my customers all left very satisfied.

Except for that time that Somthor called in. Turns out my voice wasn't deep enough for him.

posted 04-27-2004 08:57:23 PM
quote:
Mightion Defensor had this to say about Robocop:
For the record, I'm very good at my job, I nicely assisted the customer with the IE font settings and stuff, and she was satisfied. I rant here because I can't rant at the customer.

When you buy a Sony product and get me on the line for technical support, THEN you can comment on how I do my job.

as i said i thought you were, most people here seem to be very good at what they do. my whole commentary could have been advoided if you had tacked the above to your rant.

I love Sony products btw

Parcelan, thats becuse i told you husky like Kathern Turner and you gave me squeaky castarti sounding Kate Bush. the constant suggestions on how i could make it better for you when it was my 900 call didnt help the mood either

posted 04-27-2004 08:58:45 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
I won't be satisfied until I finally invent a way to stab Somthor in the face over the internet.

your jsut still mad becuse when you were really hopeful for a job I told you that they likely were useing you to reach a quarum to hire someone else. And then you didnt get that job.

their loss but dont hold a grudge with me for trying to warn you ahead of time.

Delphi Aegis
posted 04-27-2004 09:27:18 PM
quote:
Somthor wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
your jsut still mad becuse when you were really hopeful for a job I told you that they likely were useing you to reach a quarum to hire someone else. And then you didnt get that job.

their loss but dont hold a grudge with me for trying to warn you ahead of time.

That was Bajah, you idiot.

You can't even tell the truth about your time at EC. Yet we're supposed to believe you about your life outside of EC..

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 04-27-2004 09:30:19 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis spewed forth this undeniable truth:

You can't even tell the truth about your time at EC. Yet we're supposed to believe you about your life outside of EC..

You're the idiot. He didn't lie, he just didn't remember it properly. Nice argument though, even though, you know, it's baseless.

I doubt Somthor's claims at times as well, but atleast try and make some sense before you go shit flinging.

Delphi Aegis
posted 04-27-2004 09:31:42 PM
quote:
Liam had this to say about Tron:
You're the idiot. He didn't lie, he just didn't remember it properly. Nice argument though, even though, you know, it's baseless.

I doubt Somthor's claims at times as well, but atleast try and make some sense before you go shit flinging.

Would anyone with two brain cells to rub together confuse ME with BAJAH?

I think not.

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 04-27-2004 09:33:45 PM
quote:
From the book of Delphi Aegis, chapter 3, verse 16:

I think not.

oic

Delphi Aegis
posted 04-27-2004 09:35:01 PM
quote:
Liam had this to say about Punky Brewster:
oic

I mean, if it was me and a canadian or something, I could forgive.. But me and Bajah? That's just mean to Bajahs everywhere!

posted 04-27-2004 09:53:18 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Delphi Aegis wrote:

oops i guess I owe Bajah a applogee for confusing him with you then

sorry bajah about that and the job too.

Ocyrrhoe Trazere
Bootylicious!!
posted 04-27-2004 11:03:42 PM
Jesus christ, folks. He's venting. Let him be.
"Come at me. Every inch of me will resist you."

Full sigpic image.
Liam - "Caitlin: You terrify me, but in a good way."

posted 04-27-2004 11:11:14 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis stopped beating up furries long enough to write:

I think not.

thats the difference bettween you and me you have two brain cells to rub together and I have Trillions.....

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 04-28-2004 12:44:41 AM
Too bad you can't get ANY of them to fire right.

New smiley, ahoy!

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server

posted 04-28-2004 07:36:54 AM
quote:
Callalron impressed everyone with:
Too bad you can't get ANY of them to fire right.

New smiley, ahoy!

sigh foiled again

Kermitov
Pancake
posted 04-28-2004 03:03:58 PM
OMG ZING LOL!
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: