EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Fanboys already threaten to quit en masse!
Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 04-20-2004 01:27:58 AM
Hilarity!

People are dumb.

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 04-20-2004 01:31:28 AM
dang yo
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 04-20-2004 01:32:10 AM
Irational hatred is funny.
Abbikat
Tastes best with pudding
posted 04-20-2004 01:33:31 AM
Post #11 of that thread!!

I laughed so hard I shot pepsi from my nose!!

Were-Tigress Disciple of Lycanthropy
Perma-lowbie, addicted to MMORPGs
My LiveJournal

Snoota
posted 04-20-2004 01:36:18 AM
quote:
Abbikat wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
Post #11 of that thread!!

I laughed so hard I shot pepsi from my nose!!

It was the 4/5 tag team that made me pee my pants.

isuq:

quote:
isnt furor another name for the nazi leaders?

DoomKnight:

quote:
You're American, aren't you, isuq?
Snoota
posted 04-20-2004 01:37:15 AM
And I don't know about you, but...

quote:
Because I don't want quests that say stuff like "Get your pansy ass over to Booty Bay. Give the guy a rimjob, complete with a wrap-around and happy ending. Make sure you stick your thumb up your own ass for your own enjoyment. When you've done this, come back and do the same to me because I'm God."

That would be a pretty kick ass quest!

Darius!
Pancake
posted 04-20-2004 01:38:52 AM
I won't be playing WoW if this is true, because Furor is obviously Satan in disguise. Satan loves MMORPGs, you know.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-20-2004 01:43:29 AM
SOULLESS DRAGON DEMANDS TO KNOW!
Abbikat
Tastes best with pudding
posted 04-20-2004 01:44:59 AM
quote:
From the book of Snoota, chapter 3, verse 16:
It was the 4/5 tag team that made me pee my pants.

That was good too.. but I think it cant beat the:

quote:
What qualifications would he possibly have for being a quest writer? Soft lips and no gag reflex?

that was lifted from another thread and inserted.

Were-Tigress Disciple of Lycanthropy
Perma-lowbie, addicted to MMORPGs
My LiveJournal

can you please fix my title
posted 04-20-2004 08:56:47 AM
never thought much about furor, If you werent on Rallos you simply didnt matter.

Its easy to be number one when you get the best gear.

Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 04-20-2004 09:06:52 AM
If Furor ends up as a quest designer, that'd be a good thing. He has alot of experience with MMOs, and knows how to push stuff to the limit. He knows what people want for content.
Alaan
posted 04-20-2004 09:20:15 AM
quote:
Falaanla Marr was listening to Cher while typing:
If Furor ends up as a quest designer, that'd be a good thing. He has alot of experience with MMOs, and knows how to push stuff to the limit. He knows what people want for content.

I know little of EQ, but isn't he almost an unabashed power-gamer? Thats really not the personality I would like making my quests.

posted 04-20-2004 09:21:20 AM
if you say so, personaly I dont understand why you would belive that, then again any leader of a servers top guild for the last 4 years would be a possible canidate.

I think Adell or Needra would be just as good choices as well as Stynkfyst, xblade Orchid cusint

I imagine anyone who ever played for a few years and made it to the top would have jsut as good ideas.

Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 04-20-2004 09:34:40 AM
quote:
Alaan's fortune cookie read:
I know little of EQ, but isn't he almost an unabashed power-gamer? Thats really not the personality I would like making my quests.

Yep, he is a powergamer. He isn't the only quest designer out there though, heh. For all we know, they have him designing the very high end quests, if they even have him designing anything at all.

I'm pretty darn sure that most of the "asshole" we see out of Furor is just a show. If Bliz hired him, and he does a good job, I don't give a flying fuck who he is.

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 04-20-2004 at 09:40 AM.

Mod
Pancake
posted 04-20-2004 10:13:07 AM
Furor as a quest desinger would be cool.
Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 04-20-2004 10:14:16 AM
quote:
Mod had this to say about (_|_):

There have been multiple confirmations of this rumor, evidently, and many people saying the stuff Furor has done has actually been pretty good.

So, evidently, it is pretty cool.

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 04-20-2004 at 10:14 AM.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 04-20-2004 10:18:24 AM
Anyway, its not like any quests he comes up with aren't going to be reviewed by a number of other Blizzard staff before going into the game. He comes up with something moronic, it'll be shot down.
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Suddar
posted 04-20-2004 10:28:55 AM
And if he's a total asshole, he'd be shot down too.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 04-20-2004 10:30:26 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Suddar:

Exactly.

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 04-20-2004 01:16:53 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Mod wrote:

Forget that, I want to see Tweety as a quest desinger.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Nirrudn
Pancake
posted 04-20-2004 01:36:21 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Suddar wrote:

He is a total asshole, just look at the FoH archives.

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 04-20-2004 02:15:16 PM
quote:
This one time, at Nirrudn camp:
He is a total asshole, just look at the FoH archives.

I can say with good certainty that Blizzard would not allow him to act like he used to when he was operating the FoH website. Blizzard is a business, and they simply wouldn't allow one of their employees to mouth off to anyone publically and stay employed.

So whether or not he's an asshole doesn't really matter, as long as he designs good quests

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 04-20-2004 02:22:32 PM
Who knows? They might have hired him precisely [/i]because[/i] he's who you totally don't expect to design quests.

They want to have quests which appeal to the powergamer too, right?

Basically, I don't mind too much. I'm sure if the quests are absolutely awful, they won't get through.

Nirrudn
Pancake
posted 04-20-2004 02:41:14 PM
I still think his past should come into consideration. I'm not about to give up on the game because they hired a tool like him, but my opinion of Blizzard certainly has lowered.

Edit - This is on page two of the archive, from Sept. 29th, 2003:

quote:
*NOTE: If you are a FUCKING DUMBASS, have a tendency to AFK constantly, are a weak bitch who will burn out under intense pressure, or just a pussy, don't waste my time. This isn't a happy family guild - We are here to beat shit down, end of story.

Nirrudn fucked around with this message on 04-20-2004 at 02:44 PM.

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 04-20-2004 02:44:18 PM
quote:
Nirrudn had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
I still think his past should come into consideration. I'm not about to give up on the game because they hired a tool like him, but my opinion of Blizzard certainly has lowered.

Yeah imagine if companies accidently hired people who were assholes in a game. God. Anarchy, I tell you. Anarchy.

ps the secret message is you shouldn't base your opinion of a company on a quest designer they hired (WHO KNOWS maybe he's qualified (That'd simply blow my mind))

Nirrudn
Pancake
posted 04-20-2004 02:48:05 PM
quote:
ps the secret message is you shouldn't base your opinion of a company on a quest designer they hired (WHO KNOWS maybe he's qualified (That'd simply blow my mind))

I'm not telling anyone else how to base their opinion. It's more like I'm wondering who read Furor's childish ranting and thought "hey, let's hire HIM!"

From a PR perspective, qualified or not, it still looks bad to a lot of people.

Snoota
posted 04-20-2004 03:11:50 PM
Furor is one of the nicest people I've ever spoken to in EQ. His chest thumping and loudness on his webpage and his boards is usually just to get Sony's attention and rile up the other players. He's actually very polite when you speak to him.

Unless, of course, you just log onto Veeshan and ask stupid shit like, 'hi i hve a lvl 12 war and i was wondering what is bettr tarhnished short swrd or bronze'

Noxhil
Pancake
posted 04-20-2004 03:48:15 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Snoota said:
Furor is one of the nicest people I've ever spoken to in EQ. His chest thumping and loudness on his webpage and his boards is usually just to get Sony's attention and rile up the other players. He's actually very polite when you speak to him.

Unless, of course, you just log onto Veeshan and ask stupid shit like, 'hi i hve a lvl 12 war and i was wondering what is bettr tarhnished short swrd or bronze'

/agree

Nirrudn I'm sorry but you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Yes he is abrasive on his webpage but who really cares? Perhaps he is just venting for all the shit he dealt with in EQ.

Like Falaanla said, he is simply one of, if not THE most experienced MMORPG players out there. If you bothered to read past all the profanity you might see that his ability to analyze the game and provide solutions is superb... and remember that the outspoken are almost always the loudest... maybe he was trying to get some of his ideas heard...? (this is rhetorical)

[Edit] Btw... I hope all the bnet kiddies quit over this. I'm tired of hearing about how they want to make it like Diablo II... OMG J00Z ADED FAL DAMAEG... IT WUZ MOR FUN B4. This may sound elitist, but I'm frankly tired of hearing all the idiots act like they are the shiznit and Blizzard OBVIOUSLY has NO IDEA what they are doing at all [/end rant] [/Edit]

Noxhil fucked around with this message on 04-20-2004 at 03:52 PM.

posted 04-20-2004 03:54:38 PM
quote:
Niklas's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Who knows? They might have hired him precisely [/i]because[/i] he's who you totally don't expect to design quests.

They want to have quests which appeal to the powergamer too, right?

Basically, I don't mind too much. I'm sure if the quests are absolutely awful, they won't get through.

nahh if he got hired it was with the express hope that he would convince the FoH people and any other clout he may have to change from EQ1-2 to WoW

Noxhil
Pancake
posted 04-20-2004 04:01:55 PM
quote:
Somthor had this to say about Duck Tales:
nahh if he got hired it was with the express hope that he would convince the FoH people and any other clout he may have to change from EQ1-2 to WoW

According the the rumour mill (which this is all based off of...) he simply applied for a job and was choosen as the best among the lot. Perhaps you might realise that
A) FoH has all ready stated that they are mostly moving to WoW
B) Blizzard doesn't NEED a measly 100 or so accounts, and I HIGHLY doubt they would use a marketing technique like this
C) MAYBE, just MAYBE he has excellent insight and experience in the MMORPG field, and MAYBE that was the reason he might have been hired?

For all the credit everyone gives Blizzard (deservedly I think..) you really give them no credit...

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 04-20-2004 04:09:00 PM
"OMG THSI GUY R DUM ROFL!!!!!11 WHY THEY HIR the NUBS WITH NO L33T SKILZZ LOLAS!!!11"

I can soooo picture that as some crazy fanboy(s) writing that on the blizzard web site for weeks to come.

If Blizzard believes his experience and and effort will bring value to this game, then I have no problem with it at all. If you can make a game better by using peoples experience, than maybe thats the right way to go.

I dunno, thats how I feel it should go.

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."

posted 04-20-2004 04:09:58 PM
quote:
Noxhil had this to say about Robocop:

According the the rumour mill (which this is all based off of...) he simply applied for a job and was choosen as the best among the lot. Perhaps you might realise that
A) FoH has all ready stated that they are mostly moving to WoW
B) Blizzard doesn't NEED a measly 100 or so accounts, and I HIGHLY doubt they would use a marketing technique like this
C) MAYBE, just MAYBE he has excellent insight and experience in the MMORPG field, and MAYBE that was the reason he might have been hired?

For all the credit everyone gives Blizzard (deservedly I think..) you really give them no credit...

I beg to differ those 100 people you speak of are all power gamers they likly have multiple accounts each ( i had 12)

its more than this 100 you state as well he gets up and says HEY IM FURVOR and WoW is great much better than EQ, everyone who hears this and knows who he is in the EQ community starts to question wither EQ2 is worth the wait or if EQ is worth playing and gives WoW a second thought.

Its simular to having a celb on your team they arnt as good as the regular players but htey are a great DRAW.

rember when Micheal was playing for hte white sox? he wasnt any good (in comparision to other legue players) but they let him do it becuse people came to see him play.

Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 04-20-2004 04:14:04 PM
quote:
Nirrudn obviously shouldn't have said:

Edit - This is on page two of the archive, from Sept. 29th, 2003:

"*NOTE: If you are a FUCKING DUMBASS, have a tendency to AFK constantly, are a weak bitch who will burn out under intense pressure, or just a pussy, don't waste my time. This isn't a happy family guild - We are here to beat shit down, end of story."

You're aware that a statement like that is basically standard practice in app info for high-end raid guilds right?

Honestly, i think having a Furor quest would be awsome. I think Blizzard is trying to make the game fun for both casual and power gamers. This is something that i find to be very, very cool.

posted 04-20-2004 04:18:40 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Dr. Gee stammered:
You're aware that a statement like that is basically standard practice in app info for high-end raid guilds right?

Honestly, i think having a Furor quest would be awsome. I think Blizzard is trying to make the game fun for both casual and power gamers. This is something that i find to be very, very cool.

im pretty sure other peolpe have managed to say the same thing with more diplomatic terms.

if you ask me and no one will, I always though as Furvor as Somthor at the right place and time

Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-20-2004 04:54:58 PM
I'd be a swell quest writer am i right guys
Taylen
Pancake
posted 04-20-2004 04:56:47 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Cuba:

Yeah I can definatly see that.

"When correctly viewed, everything is lewd." - Tom Lehrer.
Sadomasochism: It's Fun!
Taylen Ashenbow
Rangers never run we mearly stratigically retreat.
Thats not a train thats a pull, my trains are always much bigger.
Darius!
Pancake
posted 04-20-2004 06:16:26 PM
quote:
Somthor had this to say about Knight Rider:
I beg to differ those 100 people you speak of are all power gamers they likly have multiple accounts each ( i had 12)

its more than this 100 you state as well he gets up and says HEY IM FURVOR and WoW is great much better than EQ, everyone who hears this and knows who he is in the EQ community starts to question wither EQ2 is worth the wait or if EQ is worth playing and gives WoW a second thought.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Furor has been telling everyone how great WoW is and how much EQ sucks for a long, long, time.

Drysart
Pancake
posted 04-20-2004 06:20:46 PM
quote:
Somthor came out of the closet to say:

Just like how he was DAoC's #1 fanboy back around its release, said he was quitting EQ for it, made a big stink about it; and then EQ community left for Camelot in mass exodus.

Oh wait, no they didn't...

Mythic even hired two popular community figures, and they still ended up as mostly an "also ran". It's not a major PR move for Blizzard to have hired Furor, since, in the end, it doesn't really matter to anyone except Furor.

Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 04-20-2004 06:38:27 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Matthew Broderick:

I support this.

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

SavageCheesecake
Pancake
posted 04-20-2004 08:13:50 PM
Whoa whoa someone in here blabbed this crap.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Falaanla Marr was listening to Cher while typing:
If Furor ends up as a quest designer, that'd be a good thing. He has alot of experience with MMOs, and knows how to push stuff to the limit.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ummm... since when does PLAYING MMOs make you a good writer? You need a creative mind. Furor is the kind of guy who stays up day and night grinding xp with 7021971597.7 guildmates and raiding for keys. If he writes quests its gonna be high-end and higher, anything else is too n00b for his tastes. This is kind of funny considering hes going to start out on WoW like every other n00b.. "Hi I r level 2 and I was wondering if I could have some shinies," or maybe something a little more like "IM FUROR YOU BITCH GIMME MONEY NOW," cuz of his massively swelled head. Anyway, To write you need a creative mind. I dont know, maybe he's got it, maybe he doesnt. All I know is that he is an ass on his boards, the vast majority of EQ players who know of him hate him, he has a massive ego and hes gonna push for powergaming, which isnt what everybody wants.

Check this out. It's very enlightening.

"Merry Christmas to All and to All Shut the Hell Up." - Peter Griffin
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: