EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: babies and alarms

can you please fix my title
posted 04-14-2004 02:51:07 PM
I have significant hearing loss, I watch my two small children at home. one is 2 the other is almost a year. the two year old is quite the escape artist deadbolts have kept her inside, but she knows how keys works and if she gets her hands on one she genarly knows what its for and will open the door and get outside.

now most the time I am watching and I see her, but for those times when im giving the other a bath or changing a diaper or im in the bathroom sick for 20 mins or so. Or when she opens a window and pushes out the screen and I dont catch her then.

I need a Alarm the studs in my house are metal that seem to inter fear with wireless door bells which I had put in to I could hear the door bell in the back part of the house, result is I still cant hear the door bell.

recently Ivy managed to get out and she went to my neighbors to visit this is the 2nd time in a year she has managed to do so. SO it isnt habitual. the first time which was 10 months back we installed deadbolts.

problem is that jackass called HRS on us. well I got even with them.... anyway being the concerned and responsible person I am Im now considering a alarm system so that if she manages to open a window or a door I'll hear it.

Can anyone recommend a good home alrm system/monitoring company?

they all kinda seem crooked to me.

Suggestions?

Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 04-15-2004 03:40:55 AM
ya know that system that keeps the dog in your yard via an invisible fence?

change the high pitch noise it makes to a nice 20v shock.

Tal At Work
Pancake
posted 04-15-2004 03:52:28 AM
Stay in the same room the kid is in.

posted 04-15-2004 08:33:35 AM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Y.O.T.C:
ya know that system that keeps the dog in your yard via an invisible fence?

change the high pitch noise it makes to a nice 20v shock.

while apealing at face value, i dont think its a good idea.

Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
Broadzilla
Pancake
posted 04-15-2004 11:31:26 AM
Put her in a cage and put a leash on her, attatched to the cage.

I've always told my girlfriend that she needed to put a leash on me, and one day, she actually came to school with one.

"I like lesbians with a giddy delight. If I had my own pair, I'd jack off every night."
"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me."
"There are easier things in life then finding a good guy like nailing Jell-0 to a tree."

[T E C H N O D R O M E] // [E R I N E Y ' S M I N D]

Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 04-15-2004 04:45:22 PM
Put a deadbolt at 5 feet off the ground.

Do the same with the tops of your windows.

Never leave your child alone - a 2 year old should not be left unsupervised for 20 minutes, especially since you have problems with her.

Also, it sounds like you havn't child proofed your house. I'd suggest you do so ASAP, and get a door knob cover for the doors in question, like this one:

http://www.safebeginnings.com/WebComponents/Catalog/Public/showproduct.asp?id=288

I know you have me on ignore, but hopefully you'll read this since it's important.

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 04-15-2004 06:28:42 PM
quote:
Gikk had this to say about John Romero:

Never leave your child alone - a 2 year old should not be left unsupervised for 20 minutes, especially since you have problems with her.

Also, it sounds like you havn't child proofed your house. I'd suggest you do so ASAP, and get a door knob cover for the doors in question, like this one:

http://www.safebeginnings.com/WebComponents/Catalog/Public/showproduct.asp?id=288

I know you have me on ignore, but hopefully you'll read this since it's important.

Those door knob covers only have a very limited life-span. My friend's little brother figured them out in no time, and he was only 2 or 3 at the time.

Goma
Pancake
posted 04-15-2004 06:36:08 PM
Not enough dicipline it seems. The fact that you lock her into/outside of rooms itself is almost a challenge for her to try to get out/in.

Maybe if you teach her that there is nothing gained, but much lost (punishment) out of doing these things you wouldn't have to spend money on a security system for YOUR OWN children.

posted 04-15-2004 07:23:36 PM
quote:
Goma had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
Not enough dicipline it seems. The fact that you lock her into/outside of rooms .

I dont lock her in a room I keep the house locked. she can go from room to room to room and its a 3k sq ft home. She spends most her time with me although she naps in her own bedroom.

its rare that she is unattended, and there are baby monitors through out the house.

________

I just called ADT and told them to put a alarm system in now (after its installed monday) if she should manage to unlock the deadbolt a alarm will go off that I cant miss. Problem solved.

now if i can jsut keep her out of the fish food... poor fishes

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 04-15-2004 08:41:48 PM
quote:
Gikk probably says this to all the girls:

quote:
Goma thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Not enough dicipline it seems. The fact that you lock her into/outside of rooms itself is almost a challenge for her to try to get out/in.

Maybe if you teach her that there is nothing gained, but much lost (punishment) out of doing these things you wouldn't have to spend money on a security system for YOUR OWN children.

God forbid I have to defend Somthor, but it is quite obvious neither of you have children, or the first clue about how said children act when you are raising them.

Watching baby siblings, or nieces/nefews doesn't count. So it would probably be safer, and more logical to just stick to ansewering/offering information on his initial question on this point at least.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 04-15-2004 10:04:53 PM
God forbid kids get discipline.
Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 04-15-2004 10:06:29 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Liam stammered:

Carefull, you'll get the bleeding heart ECers down on you for saying punishment of children is only for building a better human robot!

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.

posted 04-15-2004 11:08:59 PM
quote:
Liam had this to say about (_|_):

My daughter is 2 years old, discipline is usless without understanding. When she does incorrect behavior its corrected, if and only if I catch her at it while she doing it. punishing her after the fact at this stage would only cause confusion.

She is a very well mannored and behaved litte girl as a result. says her thank yous and please'es.

anyway telling other people how to raise their children is almost never a good Idea.

Jania Arindelil
Is really cute and cuddly... just needs a hug
posted 04-16-2004 07:25:55 PM
When everyone here who's saying "Stay in the same room" or "Never leave a 2 year old unsupervised" has two very young children under their care 24/7, then you can come be a smartass to a parent doing it on a daily basis. The fact of the matter is that kids are a handful. My nephews are 2 years apart, and when Ronnie was 2 and Wesley was a baby, I babysat them for the summer and they were in my care all day. I wasn't always able to have Ronnie in my sights when I was changing Wesley's diaper, or trying to feed him, or give him a bath.

Don't try to make out like Somthor is an irresponsible parent or not doing what he's supposed to be doing if his child is precocious. For all he knows, she's down for her nap or something and he thinks it's a safe time for a quick bath or feeding of the other one. But kids do what you don't expect, and things you can't plan for. My own boy used to climb out of his crib when Jeff and I were sound asleep, and we'd wake up and find him in the living room.

Jania Arindelil
Dragon Guardian, Grandmaster Archer
Very Cranky Person
"I'll torture you so slowly, you'll think it's a career." - Darwin Mayflower
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: