EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: it's a good thing they didn't announce this on april first...
diadem
eet bugz
posted 04-07-2004 04:39:57 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Entertainment/reuters20040407_72.html

'cause i wouldn't have belived it

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 04-07-2004 04:43:48 PM
There are so many factual errors in their description of the series that my inner nerd is screaming in a very nasal manner.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 04-07-2004 04:47:30 PM
Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 04-07-2004 04:52:54 PM
Thats pretty sweet to hear.

But I really can't think of to many people to play Samus.

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Maradon!
posted 04-07-2004 05:58:36 PM
This will suck. The suit will look like plastic, the metroids will be cheezey.

I honestly can't imagine any good coming from such an idea.

Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 04-07-2004 06:02:33 PM
quote:
Lechium's opinion of themself must be pretty good:
Thats pretty sweet to hear.

But I really can't think of to many people to play Samus.

fuck it's gonna be angilina jolee (sp). you know it.

On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Somu Icewalker
Also known as Diet Dr. Evil
posted 04-07-2004 06:04:53 PM
quote:
Maradon! thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:

I can see sponges on strings as the metroids

Dionysus
Pancake
posted 04-07-2004 06:06:51 PM
Wow. That reporter could have saved making himself look like an idiot by saying, "John Woo makes film loosely based on Metroid series."

nnioR~

Drysart
Pancake
posted 04-07-2004 10:31:26 PM
If you watch it on fast-forward and finish it in under two hours, do you get a special ending?
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 04-07-2004 11:35:55 PM
quote:
Somu Icewalker stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
I can see sponges on strings as the metroids

Actually, that could be fun. Sponges on strings as metroids. Guys in rubber suits for the space pirates. A jell-o mold for Mother Brain. Wind-up toy cars with rubber stuff on them for the floor crawling bugs. And Samus flipping the fuck out all over the place.

If they can't make it good, they should make it REALLY bad. It would be a riot.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Abbikat
Tastes best with pudding
posted 04-08-2004 01:44:54 AM
quote:
Drysart had this to say about Knight Rider:
If you watch it on fast-forward and finish it in under two hours, do you get a special ending?

ROOFELZ!!

Were-Tigress Disciple of Lycanthropy
Perma-lowbie, addicted to MMORPGs
My LiveJournal

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 04-08-2004 01:54:09 AM
Wait, wait, I'm confused.

Is he making a metroid movie, or just making cinematic metroid games?

This part confuses me :

quote:
Tiger Hill is overseeing development of three original games, the first of which will ship in late 2005, with the remaining two hitting shelves in late 2006. Woo will direct the games' cinematics, oversee the story and voice talent, supervise motion capture and manage the character designs.

"We are bringing in top-notch Hollywood talent to our games due to John's influence and connections," Foxhoven said. Referring to "Max Payne" and "The Getaway," among others, he added, "Many games have already borrowed from John's films, so it was a natural progression for John to work on video games himself."

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 04-08-2004 02:22:31 AM
He optioned the rights to make the movies in the "Hay look, let's go see Metroid: Origins!!" sense, but will be directing scenes in-game for upcoming game releases.

Directing can have a big effect in game cinimatics.. If you do a sweep over the field to establish the scene, it can be quite boring. Most game programmers don't think like a director would.. camera angles, etc. They just kinda show what looks good, but what may not be cinimatically appealing.

You can see the influences of directors in Metroid prime. Specifically the opening sequence (The jump, she's offscreen, then BAM! Right into frame with a powerful thud, then a slow move into her helmet to make you feel like you're her), the landing sequence (A calm area, a gentle rain, then a flash of the re-entry to the planet.. then gentle again, flash, etc.), and the end of the big rock guy (Thardus?) where she gets whacked on the back of the head with a rock.

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 04-08-2004 02:32:56 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Optimus Prime:

Unless they just get crap for a budget, or are just idiots in general, not likely. Today stage costuming, and CGI has excelled well beyond the days of spandex/rubber superheroes.

Hell, while a lot of people hated Lost in Space, the Armor and suits from that movie rocked without looking plasticy, and had some cool CGI effects like the helemet mesh.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 04-08-2004 07:51:49 PM
quote:
Faelynn LeAndris had this to say about Robocop:
Unless they just get crap for a budget, or are just idiots in general, not likely. Today stage costuming, and CGI has excelled well beyond the days of spandex/rubber superheroes.

Hell, while a lot of people hated Lost in Space, the Armor and suits from that movie rocked without looking plasticy, and had some cool CGI effects like the helemet mesh.

Yeah I'm not too worried about it looking realistic. I would worry, however, about fidelity to the series. I would hope they wouldn't change the basic armor design (IE she doesn't necessarily look like a chick in the armor). I could definitely see it being cool if they did set designs in the same vein as the second Aliens movie. So if they remain true to the look and feel of the series, it could be cool. If they don't, it'll look pretty but make us all froth with nerdly fury.

I do worry how the aliens will look. Metroid Prime (for all my bellyaching about it) had some pretty sweet-looking aliens. I'll be interested in seeing how that turns out in regards to the movie.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 04-08-2004 08:19:02 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Yeah I'm not too worried about it looking realistic. I would worry, however, about fidelity to the series. I would hope they wouldn't change the basic armor design (IE she doesn't necessarily look like a chick in the armor). I could definitely see it being cool if they did set designs in the same vein as the second Aliens movie. So if they remain true to the look and feel of the series, it could be cool. If they don't, it'll look pretty but make us all froth with nerdly fury.

I do worry how the aliens will look. Metroid Prime (for all my bellyaching about it) had some pretty sweet-looking aliens. I'll be interested in seeing how that turns out in regards to the movie.

The concept art (Once you unlock it all) is simply amazing. I mean, the amount of work they went through to create a world is insane. Sure, it had some similarities, but they still had to create what amounted to an entire ecosystem.

There's even realistic backgrounds to stuff.. In the ship area, try looking nigh straight up at the flowers above. There's no log book entry, but there's still a data entry to read for it. There's an entire solar system set up, with histories for each planet, measurements, etc.

We'd have good reason to froth with nerdly might if they fucked up.

Faelynn LeAndris
posted 04-08-2004 10:19:24 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael:

Your aliens example is a pretty good example to back up my opinion by the way.

Although yeah, I can see them screwing with the continuity being an issue. Especially since no matter what SOME changes ALWAYS have to be made in the adaptation from one medium to another. At least these days games are so cinematic its not TOO far a stretch. Metal Gear for example... They could just pretty much rip all the game elements out and make it a movie heh and it would be perfectly true to the game minus having to do the stealth/spy work in the game.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-08-2004 11:15:25 PM
Kate Beckinsale would make a sweet Samus Aran.
Maradon!
posted 04-08-2004 11:20:59 PM
quote:
x--Faelynn LeAndrisO-('-'Q) :

I'm not banking on the shortcomings of technology at all. I'm sure, with a modest budget, that they COULD make it look fantastic.

I'm skeptical because I knoooow they'd make it a kids movie, and that in itself is enough for everything in it to be designed to look extremely stupid. Anyone remember "Batman & Robin"?

Faelynn LeAndris
posted 04-08-2004 11:21:07 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Mr. Parcelan said this:
Kate Beckinsale would make a sweet Samus Aran.

This is true.

Anne Hathaway too, if she weren't just known for cheesy ass kissface princess movies. She's still hot.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-08-2004 11:23:05 PM
quote:
Faelynn LeAndris probably says this to all the girls:
This is true.

Anne Hathaway too, if she weren't just known for cheesy ass kissface princess movies. She's still hot.

I think Beckinsale has the appropriate look (Samus was always a small lady) and the cool, calm demeanor that would be good for the character.

I'd sure like to Screw Attack her.

Faelynn LeAndris
posted 04-08-2004 11:38:58 PM

My LAUNCHCast Station
Delphi Aegis
posted 04-08-2004 11:56:27 PM
The top one, but with blonde hair could easily be samus.
Faelynn LeAndris
posted 04-09-2004 12:29:38 AM

My LAUNCHCast Station
Delphi Aegis
posted 04-09-2004 12:31:14 AM
That's a shiny red. Almost. Besides, the hairstyle isn't condusive to Samus anyway. Has to be freeflowing-ish.

Or something.

On NES metroid, she had green hair.. :/

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 04-09-2004 12:42:21 AM
Kate Beckinsale kicks the ass.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Faelynn LeAndris
posted 04-09-2004 12:45:55 AM
quote:
So quoth Delphi Aegis:
That's a shiny red. Almost. Besides, the hairstyle isn't condusive to Samus anyway. Has to be freeflowing-ish.

Or something.

On NES metroid, she had green hair.. :/

Then you want the bottom picture with the freeflowing wavy hair.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Bummey the Fool
Prefers to play with men
posted 04-09-2004 01:23:03 AM
Hows abouts this?

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 04-09-2004 01:29:21 AM
They need to get someone with a pretty face, but without the killer body. Any actress that looks too good won't like the idea of her figure being hidden by a suit of combat armor for allmost the entire movie. They'll press for the armor to be changed, or for too much out-of-suit time during the movie.
I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: