EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Computer! Help me Ben, your my only hope!
Ukko-san
Pancake
posted 03-26-2004 06:38:54 PM
Hey all, ok, for you people that knows bout computers, I have a problem.

I got me a new CPU for my computer, Intel Celeron Processor 1.1GHz

we instal it, and nothing happens , the cpu looks fine and we have a 30 day guaranty on it, so we have to find whats whrong with it.

My motherbord is:
http://baber.com/baber/411/gigaga6vxe.htm

and my CPU is :
The Intel® Celeron® processor is designed to bring a balanced level of performance and value to basic PC desktops. Equipped with the dynamic execution performance of the P6 micro-architecture and the capabilities of MMX® technology, Celeron processors provide the power to handle the Internet, educational programs, interactive 3D games and productivity applications.
P6 Dynamic Execution Micro-architecture
Includes multiple branch prediction, data flow analysis, and speculative execution.
Multiple branch prediction
Predicts program execution through multiple branches, accelerating the flow of work to the processor.
Data flow analysis
Creates an optimized, reordered schedule of instructions by analyzing data dependencies between instructions.
Speculative execution
Carries out instruction execution speculatively, ensuring superscalar execution units remain busy, boosting overall performance.
Non-Blocking Level 1 Cache
Fast access to the recently used data, increasing the overall performance of the system
256 KB Level 2 Advanced Transfer Cache
Higher data bandwidth interface between the level 2 cache and the processor core reduces latency interface to cache data
Internet Streaming SIMD Extensions
Higher resolution images viewed and manipulated, high quality audio, MPEG2 video, and simultaneous MPEG2 encoding and decoding, reduced CPU utilization for speech recognition, as well as higher accuracy and faster response times
Dual Independent Bus (DIB)
Frees system bus from cache traffic, providing higher overall system bandwidth, improved system performance and scalability
Up to 100 MHz System Bus
Increases bandwidth availability; enables low-cost, two-way symmetric multiprocessing, providing performance boost for multi-tasking operating systems and multi-threaded applications
Intel® MMX™ Technology
Enhances the performance and quality of media-rich applications
Features and Benefits

Intel Celeron Processor (w/ Tualatin core)
1.1GHz Clock Speed
100MHz Front side bus speed
0.13 micron technology
Cache
L1 Cache: 32KB (16K for infrastructure and 16K for data)
L2 Cache: 256KB Advanced Transfer Cache
FC-PGA2 Package for Socket 370 motherboards w/ Tualatin support.

Help me Ben, your my only hope!

Ukko-san
Pancake
posted 03-26-2004 06:51:47 PM
and when I say nothing happens, I meen nothing: electricity pass but black screens, no "Bip" nada
Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 03-26-2004 07:09:34 PM
There's no initial beep when you start up?

If so, that means that for some reason, your processor can't initialize and begin starting up your computer.

There are three possible causes:

1. Your motherboard may not be able to handle your new processor. Try putting your old processor back in, see if it works.

2. Your mew processor may be faulty, although this is unlikely.

3. A curcuit in your power supply may be fried.

To make sure it isn't the motherboard, try your computer with your old processor. If it works with the old one, then it's either 1 or 2. If it's ceased to work entirely (electricity, fans/HDDs spin, but nothing happens... Lights on, no one's home), then I'm afraid it's #3.

[EDIT- Whoa. How'd I typo THAT?]

[ 03-26-2004: Message edited by: Ruvyen ]

Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Ukko-san
Pancake
posted 03-26-2004 07:29:27 PM
a crap ... gona have to change my mother bord, for th elove of ....
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-26-2004 07:33:37 PM
Holy crap.. that motherboard is OLD.
Ryuujin
posted 03-26-2004 07:41:34 PM
Yeah from what I see that motherboard is slot 1 and your new celeron uses the FC-PGA2 package type. Plus that motherboard only seems to support around 600Mhz - 700Mhz celeron/pentium processors.

[ 03-26-2004: Message edited by: Ryuujin ]

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: