EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Nuclear war a la 1988, anyone?
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-26-2004 05:37:15 PM
A heavily-researched document detailing the effects of global thermonuclear war, had it happened in 1988.

And just when you had gotten over your childhood fears of nuclear annihilation, too.

Main site

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Bummey the Fool
Prefers to play with men
posted 03-26-2004 05:38:09 PM
Eeeenteresting.
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 03-26-2004 06:07:16 PM
So much hate on Texas.
Caanis Lupus
Rub me?
posted 03-26-2004 10:29:39 PM
I think I was the only kid in JR high(84) that knew Bakersfield(where I lived) was a tetiary(sp) target. Had a friend that lived in L.A. He also knew he was screwed if the nukes came. I had several books on nuclear war and weapons.
Mr. Crabs
Pancake
posted 03-26-2004 10:38:32 PM
I think it's sad that I was the only one in my ninth-grade History class, including the teacher, who knew that it would be useless to "duck and cover" in the event of a nuclear strike.
There's a King on a throne with his eyes torn out.
There's a Blind Man looking for a shadow of doubt.
There's a Rich Man sleeping on a golden bed.
There's a Skeleton choking on a crust of bread.
Willias
Pancake
posted 03-26-2004 11:00:58 PM
I think its more disturbing that if some shit happened between Warsaw and NATO today, that something WORSE than this could happen.
Arttemis
Not Squire... but a guitar!
posted 03-26-2004 11:03:08 PM
quote:
Willias had this to say about Punky Brewster:
I think its more disturbing that if some shit happened between Warsaw and NATO today, that something WORSE than this could happen.

Look at the figures for the U.S. and Russia today.

Of course, let's not forget that, you know, there is no Warsaw Pact anymore. There hasn't been since 1991.

[ 03-26-2004: Message edited by: Arttemis ]

Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 03-26-2004 11:05:28 PM
quote:
Mr. Crabs had this to say about Punky Brewster:
I think it's sad that I was the only one in my ninth-grade History class, including the teacher, who knew that it would be useless to "duck and cover" in the event of a nuclear strike.

Hehe...my family went and saw Lewis Black tonight at Count Basie, and that cam up when he meandered to talking about terror; he brought up the sobering point that these are not the most terrifying times ever and cited the cold war. He was like, "There's a nuclear attack, which means FIRE. And I'm going to be under my desk, made of WOOD. Maybe I should pour gasoline on myself while I'm at it!"

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Willias
Pancake
posted 03-26-2004 11:07:41 PM
quote:
How.... Arttemis.... uughhhhhh:
Of course, let's not forget that, you know, there is no Warsaw Pact anymore. There hasn't been since 1991.

Of course, lets remember that I know history, but probably don't know a damn thing about what happened in world during the period of 1985-1996. Or somewhere around there at least.

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 03-26-2004 11:16:07 PM
quote:
Naimah painfully thought these words up:
So much hate on Texas.

Well you gotta remember, Texas is a pretty central hub for US Power. We supply just about everything to some degree or another. Hell there is a nuclear missle production plant not 15 minutes away from me. Not to mention NASA in Houston, and various other strategic targets.

Taking out Texas first or near the begining is probably the samrtest thing an enemy can do. And it sucks, cause I live here.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: