EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Some quick help
Ragabash
Pancake
posted 03-20-2004 02:09:10 PM
So, the other day I checked the "my account" thingy on the station, simply to find out more about the all for one pass thingy, and I noticed I had a free trial to Everquest for 30 some odd days. So, I broke down and reinstalled it (note, it's been quite some time, like months before Luclin that I last played). So while being impressed by the massive change in interface, I decided I wanted to minimize it and check something online. Well, it wouldn't minimize, so I ctrl alt deleted to get it to minimize, which worked.

But, now whenever I play, it only does partial full screen. Like, it takes up the full screen, but I can see the blue bar with the minimize, maximize and close buttons at the top of the screen. I can't get my mouse to go up over them, but I can see them. This also has the side effect of having some of the stuff off my screen, to the right side and bottom. Anyone know what key combo I need to hit to just make it regular full screen again?

Feed my hungry soul.
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 03-20-2004 02:16:46 PM
This happens normally when you have the Game rez set higher than your Desktop Rez.
"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-20-2004 02:19:27 PM
Try Alt+Enter
Nirrudn
Pancake
posted 03-20-2004 02:39:44 PM
You have to use some key combo like Alt-Shift-R or something to "release" your mouse from EverQuest, that's why you can't click the Min/Max/Restore buttons.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 03-20-2004 02:41:56 PM
I can just Alt+Tab out of EQ (no funky digit finger dance to get my mouse released) When I go back, it's windowed, but then I hit Alt+Enter and it maximizes everything back to normal.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Bummey the Fool
Prefers to play with men
posted 03-20-2004 04:03:22 PM
I should read the thread.

[ 03-20-2004: Message edited by: Bummey the Fool ]

Ragabash
Pancake
posted 03-21-2004 02:00:48 PM
Thanks for the help all! I tried Alt Enter while playing and it didn't work, BUT when I used it at the License agreement screen it did, and fixed the actual game too. Don't know why I couldn't do it during play, but *shrug* alls well that ends well.

Thanks again

Feed my hungry soul.
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 03-21-2004 02:28:24 PM
EQ's been doing wierd crap for a while...

When it starts, even full screen, it doesn't take active focus. I have to click a couple of times to get it to take active focus, then I can work with it.

The INSTANT I start EQ, all alt-anything functions die, as well as crtl-anything. I have to manually release the mouse (alt-enter, then Shift-Alt-R) before I can do anything else. I can't ctrl-arrow around text, I can't ctrl-esc to bring up start, can't alt-tab, nothing.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: