EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: A supar crazy beginning for the 5th year
Willias
Pancake
posted 03-17-2004 04:58:59 PM
The 5th year events are quite possibly some of the more interesting things I've seen since the Halloween events a few years back, and it's all happening in the old world, not PoP, not Luclin, not Velious, not Kunark, to see any of the 5th year events, you have to go to the old world. And admittedly, most of it is worth seeing.

1. Popular old world mobs now have Fabled versions of thier normal selves. Fabled Kizdean Gix, Fabled Emporer Crush, Fabled Quillmane, and Fabled Ancient Cyclops are in, just to list a few. Even Fabled Fippy Darkpaw. Each Fabled mob drops Fabled loot, which is like 2 to 5x more powerful than thier normal loot. Example: Fabled Ancient Cyclops drops Fabled Journeyman's Boots, which has insta right click SoW.

2. In each of the newbie areas, at 7PM game time, a skeleton army spawns (old world newbie areas only, sorry to Iksars and Vah Shir!) which has a large range of mobs that have a huge level range. The lowest level skeles are about equal to a normal skeleton, while the Commanders (the highest level) are blue and give decent exp to a 53 Iksar Beastlord. They also drop nice loot. Like, the commanders drop jewelry that gives around 4 saves, 6 stats, and hp/mana/endurance. Footsoldiers drop armor, which isn't as good, but still decent.

3. Newbie mobs drop good armor. Stuff that would normally be considered twink gear. Yes, Moss Snakes will finally be farmed by level 10s because some low level mage will want the +3 int leggings they drop.

4. Theres a "scavenger hunt" that has you going all over the old world grabbing items from monsters to get a unique particle effect Firework staff. (Infinite charges of Fireworks!) Interesting thing about the staff however, the effect on the staff is different depending on when your character was created. 5 effects for 5 years.

All in all, this is pretty damn cool of SoE, and its pretty fun. If you've got EQ, I strongly suggest checking some of this stuff out.

Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 03-17-2004 05:02:50 PM
I think the Hounds of Drysart need to come back together... A new improved Fippy to guard...

Fippy Forever

Maradon!
posted 03-17-2004 05:04:28 PM
Come back to EQ for CAMPFEST 2004!

Marvel at the awesome new gear that you'll only get if you can sit on your ass long enough!

[ 03-17-2004: Message edited by: Maradon! ]

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 03-17-2004 05:12:32 PM
quote:
Willias's fortune cookie read:
4. Theres a "scavenger hunt" that has you going all over the old world grabbing items from monsters to get a unique particle effect Firework staff. (Infinite charges of Fireworks!) Interesting thing about the staff however, the effect on the staff is different depending on when your character was created. 5 effects for 5 years.

Any idea where to start the quest for that staff, and what level you have to be to do it solo?

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Willias
Pancake
posted 03-17-2004 05:37:36 PM
quote:
Palador ChibiDragon had this to say about Tron:
Any idea where to start the quest for that staff, and what level you have to be to do it solo?

All I know is that its a cake quest at 50, and it starts in your hometown.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 03-17-2004 06:49:23 PM
quote:
Willias had this to say about pies:

2. In each of the newbie areas, at 7PM game time, a skeleton army spawns (old world newbie areas only, sorry to Iksars and Vah Shir!) which has a large range of mobs that have a huge level range. The lowest level skeles are about equal to a normal skeleton, while the Commanders (the highest level) are blue and give decent exp to a 53 Iksar Beastlord. They also drop nice loot. Like, the commanders drop jewelry that gives around 4 saves, 6 stats, and hp/mana/endurance. Footsoldiers drop armor, which isn't as good, but still decent.

So at 7pm anyone lower then 50 logs off, awesome.

[ 03-17-2004: Message edited by: Naimah ]

Drysart
Pancake
posted 03-17-2004 08:40:01 PM
quote:
Maradon! scribbled:
Come back to EQ for CAMPFEST 2004!

Marvel at the awesome new gear that you'll only get if you can sit on your ass long enough!

I never had to camp shit on Firiona Vie.

You must just suck at the EQ.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 03-17-2004 08:46:58 PM
Supposadly they've given another free month of access.

However when I log in it says I've expired and need to renew.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 03-17-2004 09:14:57 PM
Free month of access to those with paid account maybe?
(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 03-17-2004 10:50:34 PM
quote:
Elvish Crack Piper's account was hax0red to write:
Free month of access to those with paid account maybe?

No, reactivation of Non-banned non-suspended accounts.

Since I deactivated my account, it should qualify but doesn't seem to.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Rhiannah
WAI!!!
posted 03-18-2004 03:11:07 AM
I did the savenger hunt quest. Now I got me a spiffy fireworks click stick, hehe.

Got this nice 1hs weapon from my rogue that just looks bitching plus has decent stats.

Going to bring out my BST for the 2hb sometime later, hehe.

I'm an individual. Just like everyone else!

Legonaire
Pancake
posted 03-18-2004 09:27:50 AM
Yea I have had 3 of my characters logged at Steamfront Mountains to gather loot as it rots. Because everything is Lore and No Drop it seems the level 65's are still killing everything and allowing the lowbies to loot up. My 19 Rogue got the 1hs sword Dam 12 Delay 24 with +3 or 4 to a few stats and a 40 Damage proc that is already procc'ing.

My little Level 12 Necro has obtained a Ring, Earring, and Shawl that are all what most are considering decent gear up to level 50. Its been a blast really, kinda got me interested in playing more as of late.

If animals weren't supposed to be eaten, then why are they made out of meat ??
Mayor of Townsville
Pancake
posted 03-19-2004 02:25:46 AM
I just got the Tormax Candle today. Very fun! ^_^

Although, the Guk zones are now officially my least favorite zones. Finding my way out and in gave me a headache. x_X

The city of Townsville... is entirely mine!
Espio Idsavant
You have gotten better at Being a Lush! (200)
posted 03-19-2004 03:01:44 AM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Willias:
Example: Fabled Ancient Cyclops drops Fabled Journeyman's Boots, which has insta right click SoW.

Actually, not correct. The Fabled JM Boots are dropping in Najena, from the mob that used to drop the JM Boots before it was changed to a quest. The Fabled AC drops a
Fabled Ring of the Ancients.

All known Fabled items

And you can still be free, If time will set you free
And going higher than the mountain tops
And go high like the wind don't stop...

[ My gooberish Live Journal thingy ]

Rhiannah
WAI!!!
posted 03-19-2004 05:01:53 AM
I find this Fabled item hilarious.

I'm an individual. Just like everyone else!

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 03-19-2004 07:11:33 AM
Managed to get logged in only to find that my Ogre Warrior has INDEED been stripped of all his gear.

So far the Fabled Emperor Crush has met his death at the hands of the Legendary Crushu. Reward, the Fabled Screaming Mace (which is nice considering all I had left was Sword Breaker, now I'm at least dual wielding). I'm sure others will fall as I goof off.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 03-19-2004 12:43:00 PM
I'll say only this: I hope I never have to see the Frenzied Ghoul room ever again for the rest of my life.
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 03-19-2004 12:48:44 PM
quote:
Monica had this to say about Punky Brewster:
I'll say only this: I hope I never have to see the Frenzied Ghoul room ever again for the rest of my life.

But... he makes such a great pet...

Monica
posted 03-19-2004 12:53:23 PM
The Fabled Frenzied bastard went AWOL for 7+ hours while I was 3rd in line!

*cries*

Zeke
I am a vampire and
posted 03-19-2004 01:01:29 PM
Logged on, killed Fippy, looted paw, logged out.
"Death most resembles a prophet who is without honor in his own land or a poet who is a stranger among his people."
"Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once."
Hime, eien-ni, anata-wo ai-shimasu.
Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 03-19-2004 02:28:19 PM
quote:
Zeke had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Logged on, killed Fippy, looted paw, logged out.

You heathan! Fippy must be protected at all costs!

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 03-22-2004 07:30:01 AM
I got the Fabled Robe of Ishva for Meli, and I took Deth down there during Sunday night's D&D game and got it for him, too.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Mayor of Townsville
Pancake
posted 03-22-2004 03:27:34 PM
quote:
Monica had this to say about John Romero:

AMEN!

Those were the most boring 20 hours of my life. Oh well, at least I got my FFBSS...

The city of Townsville... is entirely mine!
Mightion Defensor
posted 03-22-2004 04:05:17 PM
We went to Lower Guk with our targets being the Fabled Executioner and the Fabled Ghoul Lord. Well, we joined up with a 9k HP warrior and sat there staring at this green frog waiting for a healer to show up.

Finally, a Vah Shir shammy from our guild logs in and we guide him down there... sheesh, even I know my way to dead side now... and punk the frog. I got lucky with the Slay Undead and busted out some nice ones (2700, followed by a 3700, fe more in the fight) and then went to Lord to help another guildmate who'd got killed sitting there. The Shammy then aggroes Mr. Lord who kills two guildies I'd just ressed, and managed to die at the feet of the Lord. The odd part was, was when the FGL came out of his room to kill those other two guildies, he left me alone. There was no WAY I was not in his aggro range, but he left me alone.

Oh well, we killed him too, and the green iksar warrior guildie when I'd ressed twice got the fabled Ykesha.

Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 03-22-2004 04:34:16 PM
quote:
Brahmin Bloodlust attempted to be funny by writing:
You heathan! Fippy must be protected at all costs!

Heh, I don't suppose it helps much that I repeated said process for virtually each of my priests/casters?

"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
Monica
posted 03-22-2004 08:27:32 PM
quote:
Mayor of Townsville said this about your mom:
AMEN!

Those were the most boring 20 hours of my life. Oh well, at least I got my FFBSS...

Only 20?

Fiiiiiiiiizzzzzzzzzuck you.

lolz i censor lolz ^^;

[ 03-22-2004: Message edited by: Monica ]

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: