EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I was thinking of buying an X-Box, but I have a few questions...
Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 03-01-2004 04:18:49 AM
Here are my questions.

1) Is the price for the X-Box as huge as the X-Box itself?

2) Can I fit it in a small house? A large house? A mansion???

3) What can I kill with the X-Box controller? (I hear if you wanted to you could crush an entire continent with the X-Box itself)

4) What's the best game to get with the X-Box?

5) When I buy it, do I have to hire several forklifts, a crane, and that Army twin rotor cargo helicopter???

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 03-01-2004 04:49:53 AM

It's exactly the same price as the PS2.

It makes an excellent coffee table if you're short on space. (Really, it's no bigger than a VCR.)

3) What can I kill with the X-Box controller? (I hear if you wanted to you could crush an entire continent with the X-Box itself)

Get the S-type controller. As the original controller was a horrible monstrosity designed to be used comfortably by Shaquile O'Neal and Sasquatch, it was redesigned and made actually rather comfortable. This is the S-type.

Halo is my top reccomendation, but it has a far better game library than it's generally given credit for. And as it's graphically far more powerful than the PS2 in terms of hardware, cross-console games are generally prettier on the X-box.

5) When I buy it, do I have to hire several forklifts, a crane, and that Army twin rotor cargo helicopter???

Nah, a U-haul ought to be good enough.

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 03-01-2004 04:51:47 AM
Halo
THUG
MechAssault

Good times, good times.

(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-01-2004 05:09:16 AM
I hear Ninja Gaiden is really good...*sigh*
Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 03-01-2004 07:18:24 AM
Wait for a couple months. The price is due to drop $30 sometime in April.
http://www.bloodfin.net
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-01-2004 07:41:54 AM
The original controller is good for killing large beasts such as Godzilla. That is the only reason the system sold in Japan, you know. They figured out a way to put it to use -- Godzilla killing weapon.

The S controller can only take out small armies.

Ruvie's Alt
Haven't you always wanted a monkey?
posted 03-01-2004 08:53:16 AM
Xobx game reccomendations:

-HALO: This is pretty much required. You just can't have an XBox without HALO, and until the PC release, you couldn't have HALO without an XBox. Bonus points if HALO comes with the XBox.

-Amped: Never tried it, but apparently my bro likes it. Give 'er a try.

-MechAssault: A good game for those of us who like explosions and giant fighting robots. However, the single player game is short and easy once you get to the heavier 'Mechs. Also, there's less advantage to taking a light, fast 'Mech. Hell, just take the Ragnarok. That lava gun is *POWERFUL*. Definitely a rental game, unless you have Live.

-D&D Heroes: Got friends? 'Course ya do! They into games? 'Course they are! Get 3 of them and you together and beat the shit outta things. Multiplayer, while not actually required, may as well be.

-BGDA2: This one's more for the single-player experience, but a friend can join in too. Basically, DA1 improved, just like any sequel worth anyone's money. The new item crafting system is especially cool, but to get the best stuff (+5 armor with +1AC/piece of armor each, +5 Coldfire weapons, +15 boots of something-thingy, +15 amulet of whatever, +15 rings of whatchamacallit) you need to take the same character through multiple difficulties.

-CoN: This was intended to be something of a comedy option mixed with wishful thinking. I think the game would have a large enough audience on the XBox that it would be worth it to 'port, but perhaps Sony thinks differently. Ah well.

-BGDA1: Get this one if you don't have the PS2 version.

-Gauntlet: Dark Legacy: Same here.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 03-01-2004 11:37:45 AM
I have Project Gotham Racing 2, Crimson Skies, and Mechassault. And live of course. My recomendation is don't get an XBox unless you are going to get Live. It really makes the system worth it in my opinion.
Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 03-01-2004 01:23:45 PM
Isn't KotR usually mentioned in threads like these?

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 03-01-2004 01:26:48 PM
Kotor is better on PC though.
Kermitov
Pancake
posted 03-01-2004 01:28:57 PM
quote:
Kennatsu's fortune cookie read:
Here are my questions.

you will need one of these.

[ 03-01-2004: Message edited by: Kermitov ]

Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 03-01-2004 01:29:06 PM
quote:
We all got dumber when Elvish Crack Piper said:
Kotor is better on PC though.

i don't know they didn't really change anything other than the graphics.

On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Elvish Crack Piper
posted 03-01-2004 01:34:39 PM
More content.
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 03-01-2004 02:04:56 PM
First, I have only original controllers. They rock.

Second, any ongoing joke that gets taken this far irritates me, therefore...

Hello, foe.

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Elvish Crack Piper
posted 03-01-2004 02:05:53 PM
Hi Waiz
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: