EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I've got a lovely bunch of...
BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 02-29-2004 07:43:52 PM
Coconuts!!

here's what's happenin: Since at work, we had a luau where we ordered in real coconuts and pineapples, i grabbed one (a coconut) and decided to make some of this stuff my paretns brought back from Hawaii.

-Take 1 coconut, get out the flesh and put it in a 8 by 8 pan.
-Bake for ~3-5 minutes at 350 degrees
-Melt butter and pour over cocunut (after taking it out of the oven)
-Make sure it's well coated
-Add brown sugar to your heart's delight, and well coat it.

let cool 5-10 minutes and then chow down

mmmmmmmmm good stuff.

oh yeah, and don't forget to take the poi, mix it with rum and drink

edit: I hate coconut shells.

[ 02-29-2004: Message edited by: Meadhbh Ó Caoinlean ]

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
nem-x
posted 02-29-2004 07:56:51 PM
Dionysus
Pancake
posted 02-29-2004 07:58:29 PM
Don't coconuts have those thick, unbelievably difficult to crack shells? Ah...You hate coconut shells... I'm assuming you have to remove the shell in some way before you make this? Any pointers?
Holden
French Cocksucker
posted 02-29-2004 07:59:32 PM
Your sig is too big man, and now you just made it even bigger with a quote.

"America is dumb, it's like a dumb puppy that has big teeth that can bite and hurt you..."
Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 02-29-2004 07:59:50 PM
We use machetes back home.
"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
-Proverbs 4:8-9
Dionysus
Pancake
posted 02-29-2004 08:00:33 PM
quote:
Cookies & Cream! stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
Your sig is too big man, and now you just made it even bigger with a quote.

I'm fixing it...

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 02-29-2004 08:03:10 PM
quote:
Nny had this to say about dark elf butts:
I'm fixing it...

The image is fine by itself. If the text started at the very top right and was enclosed in the small tag, it might work.

BeauChan
posted 02-29-2004 08:03:50 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Nny:
Don't coconuts have those thick, unbelievably difficult to crack shells? Ah...You hate coconut shells... I'm assuming you have to remove the shell in some way before you make this? Any pointers?

I wish i had a machete.... use a hammer - best pointer can give.

Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 02-29-2004 08:46:56 PM
mmm.. sounds like a good recipe! now I need a coconut.

and what are you doing with the shell? coconut bra?

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 02-29-2004 09:19:37 PM
Baking the coconut in the shell is a good way of loosening the meat so you can easily scoop it out.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Led
*kaboom*
posted 02-29-2004 09:23:15 PM
Remember to make sure the coconut is reasonably secured before trying to lop it open (say... with a huge knife... ). I took a whack at one once, and it flew off and went through a window.

Oops...

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 02-29-2004 09:27:30 PM
I break coconuts with MY FACE.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
BeauChan
posted 02-29-2004 11:42:32 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Jajahotep:
mmm.. sounds like a good recipe! now I need a coconut.

and what are you doing with the shell? coconut bra?

shell go boom

BeauChan
posted 02-29-2004 11:43:43 PM
quote:
Led thought about the meaning of life:
Remember to make sure the coconut is reasonably secured before trying to lop it open (say... with a huge knife... ). I took a whack at one once, and it flew off and went through a window.

Oops...

That made me burst out laghing... sorry

Burger
BANNED!
posted 03-01-2004 02:46:32 AM
put the coconut in a vice, and secure loosely.

Place a hatchet on top of the coconut, and strike it firmly on the back with a small 5lb sledge hammer.

Splits it nicely.

(alternatly, you can just use a band saw to cut it in half.)

Bite me.

No, Really. Bite me.

Tal NSFW!!
Pancake
posted 03-01-2004 04:55:41 AM
Cordless Drill.
Hacksaw.
Beach Towel.
Straight Claw Hammer.
Ball Peen Hammer.
1 Coconut
1 Can Pineapple
1 package Philly Cream Cheese
Powdered Sugar
Powdered Ginger

Use drill to make TWO holes, about 3 inches apart on one side of the coconut. Drain Coconut milk into a bowl, or tall glass, set it aside for later. Roll the towel up a bit, like you did as a kid, to whip the other kids, after you got the end wet. (PERVERT!) Now, coil it like a rattlesnake, and set the drained coconut in the middle of it, and saw into the shell about 1/8 of an inch, in a fairly straight line, all the way around. (Connecting the drain holes.) Then, wedge the claw end of the claw hammer into this groove you made with the hacksaw, and WHACK THE FUCK OUT OF IT, with the claw hammer. It should split cleanly along the score line.

Now, both halves, in the over, for 4-5 minutes, at 350. Scoop out the coconut meat, and set it aside to cool. return the coconut shells to the oven for another 20 minutes or so.

Take the coconut meat, and rip it, chop it, slice it, whatever, just make it into small bits. Now, get out a can of Pineapple, and drain it. Chop/smash/whatever the pineapple, into roughly the same size bits as the Coconut.

Mix MOST of the Coconut, and the Pineapple, in a bowl, with Cream cheese, and 1/4 cup of powdered sugar, a bit of ginger, then heat up the WHOLE mess in the microwave for about 2.5 minutes, or it flows smoothly. (Or, lumpily, as the case may be, depending on your chopping skills.)

Take those coconut shells outta the oven, and they should have a slightly glazed look on the inside. Maybe a little scorched. Thats ok.

Pour the Cream Cheese mix into the halves of the coconut, and top it with the rest of the shredded coconut you had left. put this in the oven AGAIN, for about 3-4 minutes, on broil. (BTW, before you pour and stuff, set the oven on Broil to turn on the top burner set) This will brown the tips of the coconut on top, and give it a spifftacular look, with the golden color the cream cheese will take on.

Let that sucker cool for about a day, on the counter, covered loosely, or in a cake thingy.

ENJOY!
(Dont eat the shell)

Vernaltemptress
Withered and Alone
posted 03-01-2004 04:57:28 AM
So, in other words, if I was stranded on a deserted island with nothing to eat but coconuts and no tools, I will starve?
Obamanomics: spend, tax, and borrow.
Tal NSFW!!
Pancake
posted 03-01-2004 05:11:16 AM
quote:
Vernaltemptress had this to say about the Spice Girls:
So, in other words, if I was stranded on a deserted island with nothing to eat but coconuts and no tools, I will starve?

Actually, if patient enough, you could carv little holes in it with a sharp rock.

or bash it on a rock til it cracks.

I use tools, to give me a proper line, and two proper bowls.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: