EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: omg help :(
Nina
posted 02-29-2004 03:59:45 PM
My computer, oddly enough, is acting up (again).

I'm currently using Windows XP SP1. It seems a lot of 3d applications absolutely refuse to run, quitting as soon as they're opened. I turned on critical error notification in order to see if I got more info about it... The applications just seem to crash by themselves, so nothing there.

I noticed, however, some apparently unrelated yet regular (read: every damn minute) crashes from WMI. Sample from the crash error message:
szAppName : wmiprvse.exe szAppVer : 5.1.2600.1106
szModName : kernel32.dll szModVer : 5.1.2600.1106 offset : 00012b5a

What's suspicious some computers at school have the same error message from WMI popping up, and constant crashes as well. I was thinking it maybe a worm using some recent Win XP vulnerability... But I don't know for sure.

I'm posting this here to know if anyone heard of a similar crash problem?

Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 02-29-2004 04:45:25 PM
Windows is the devil.
"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
-Proverbs 4:8-9
Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 02-29-2004 04:46:57 PM
IT'S ALL M$'S FAULT!!!
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 02-29-2004 07:27:45 PM
Info can be found here, here, and here....
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: