EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: CoN question.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 02-26-2004 09:20:02 AM
My SK is just starting Act 3

Using an Ice Flame.

Have a storm shard (+lightning damagE), a paltry mist globe (haste) and a tiny mist globe (less haste than the paltry) and a venom sack.

What should I stick in the ice flame and what should i save for later when i get a better sword?

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 02-26-2004 09:32:41 AM
Slapping another damage aug in there would pretty much satisfy any weapon needs you have. I dropped a poison aug in my Iceflame when I got it, and used it all the way through act 3, into act 4. The sword is fast enough as it, I would save the globes for any 2 handers you may run across.
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 02-26-2004 09:55:31 AM
I'm missing something. Whatcha talkin' 'bout?
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 02-26-2004 10:05:00 AM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael said this about your mom:
I'm missing something. Whatcha talkin' 'bout?

Champions of Norrath.

Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 02-26-2004 10:12:49 AM
Weird, I keep hearing you guys talk about the Iceflame, yet my sk is fighting giants in the Tower of Clouds towards the end of Act III and she has yet to find one. Where did you guys discover yours?
"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-26-2004 10:26:25 AM
quote:
Azrael Heavenblade got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
Weird, I keep hearing you guys talk about the Iceflame, yet my sk is fighting giants in the Tower of Clouds towards the end of Act III and she has yet to find one. Where did you guys discover yours?

Random drops probably. I'm fighting the undead leader in Act II where you saved the young gnome girl's kittens and I've yet to see it... I'm currently using a Very nifty scepter, 7% undead destroy, a lightning damage jewel on it and something else.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Zeke
I am a vampire and
posted 02-26-2004 12:01:46 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Katrinity said:
Random drops probably. I'm fighting the undead leader in Act II where you saved the young gnome girl's kittens and I've yet to see it... I'm currently using a Very nifty scepter, 7% undead destroy, a lightning damage jewel on it and something else.

I found my Ice Flame right before that.

"Death most resembles a prophet who is without honor in his own land or a poet who is a stranger among his people."
"Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once."
Hime, eien-ni, anata-wo ai-shimasu.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 02-26-2004 12:31:03 PM
How is Champions of Norrath? Anything to write home about?
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Zeke
I am a vampire and
posted 02-26-2004 12:41:14 PM
It is great. It's the best I've played in a while, to be sure.
"Death most resembles a prophet who is without honor in his own land or a poet who is a stranger among his people."
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-26-2004 12:44:33 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael Model 2000 was programmed to say:
How is Champions of Norrath? Anything to write home about?

Its Diablo 2 meets Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance.

Very fun for an action/adventure game.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 02-26-2004 12:54:41 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when KaLourin wrote:
Slapping another damage aug in there would pretty much satisfy any weapon needs you have. I dropped a poison aug in my Iceflame when I got it, and used it all the way through act 3, into act 4. The sword is fast enough as it, I would save the globes for any 2 handers you may run across.

what would be a good 2 hander? i accidentally sold one with a top end damage of 104 and 5% crit

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 02-26-2004 08:05:40 PM
I had a Basalt Greatsword for a while, forgot the base damage, but it had 3 sockets open. slapped a globe, storm shard and whetstone in it for haste, crit and lightning. Was pretty vile.

As for Iceflame, I've had it drop randomly off a mob, as well as twice off the Undead Knight outside Vanarhosts castle. Not to say it drops every single time, but it has a very high chance of doing so. Two times the Unholy killed him, he got the sword.

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Zeke
I am a vampire and
posted 02-26-2004 08:11:46 PM
I actually have a second Ice Flame now from taking my character into a game with my friend's who was behind him in the game and playing a Wizard, one has a bull rune in it! (+25 strength) I love my sword, replaced my Dirk of the Traitor.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: