EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: 1337 UT skills
Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 02-25-2004 09:07:30 AM
I just pulled off some of the most amazing crap ever.

In Deck 16 ][, there's that ledge near the ceiling with a sniper rifle and rounds. As you can guess, it's meant for sniping and getting insane amounts of headshots.

Well, just today, I was playing against Experienced bots, and I decided to go up there with my all-time favourite weapon: the Ripper. You just can't beat a gun that launches sharp discs that can bounce around walls or explode with the alt-fire. So, I start no-scope sniping the bots below with it.

I dunno if it was just insane luck, or if I really am that good, but all 15 kills I got up there were headshots. And the 'bots were moving around while fighting each other, too. I even got two headshots from discs that bounced off walls, although I'm pretty sure those were just luck.

I need to see if I can do this again.

Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
.com
Pancake
posted 02-25-2004 09:37:29 AM
Luck. I mean, after all, they were just bots. If you were playing against humans and that happened, you probably would have been kicked from the server. The reason behind that, is that most people on servers hate when someones better then them, especially the admin of the server.

[ 02-25-2004: Message edited by: Agent Shadow ]

What did five fingers say to the face? SLAP!!!!!

Im Rick James, bitch!!!!

Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 02-25-2004 10:02:45 AM
Yeah, it was just luck. Damn. And here, I was hoping that I really was that good. I tried a few more times, and while I got a few kills, I only got one or two headshots.

I can, however, get headshots with the Ripper... I just can't do it from a far distance, like a sniper tower. I can even do around-the-corner headshots. I'm starting to regain some of my old skills, so that's goodly.

Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: