EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I have a confession to make.
Star Collective
Pancake
posted 02-19-2004 09:47:46 PM
We read Mark Twain's The Adventures of Huckelberry Finn in American Literature II class . . . and I enjoyed it. >_< Especially the ridiculously elaborate escape plan at the end. >_<

Ok, my soul feels cleansed and refreshed. Just needed to get that off my chest.

The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain. - Ursula K. LeGuin ~ The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 02-19-2004 09:48:44 PM
I have a confession, too.

I crapped in your sock drawer.

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 02-19-2004 09:49:26 PM
Mark Twain was a brilliant writer and Huck Finn is an American classic. What's the problem?
Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Zair
The Imp
posted 02-19-2004 09:50:04 PM
The short story quoted in your sig is a good one. I had to read it for a class this year.
Star Collective
Pancake
posted 02-19-2004 09:51:45 PM
quote:
King Parcelan's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
I have a confession, too.

I crapped in your sock drawer.

lollerbladez

The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain. - Ursula K. LeGuin ~ The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas
Star Collective
Pancake
posted 02-19-2004 09:53:10 PM
quote:
Sentow, Maybe had this to say about Captain Planet:
Mark Twain was a brilliant writer and Huck Finn is an American classic. What's the problem?

Its just waaaaaaay out of my usual reading genre preferences is all. I'm more of a fantasy/sci-fi guy. So its a little abnormal for me

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 02-19-2004 09:54:03 PM
quote:
Star Collective spewed forth this undeniable truth:
Its just waaaaaaay out of my usual reading genre preferences is all. I'm more of a fantasy/sci-fi guy. So its a little abnormal for me

I crapped on your bookshelf.

Star Collective
Pancake
posted 02-19-2004 09:58:19 PM
quote:
King Parcelan's account was hax0red to write:
I crapped on your bookshelf.

Nice. You might want to take some peptobysmol or something for that diarhea. I hope you haven't shat any internal organs ^_^;;.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 02-19-2004 10:08:26 PM
quote:
Sentow, Maybe impressed everyone with:

Huck Finn is one of the worst books I've ever read.

edit: not that it's poorly written, I just hate southern literature with a passion. Huck Finn was not only not an exception to this, it EXEMPLIFIED what I don't like.

[ 02-19-2004: Message edited by: Kegwen ]

Skaw
posted 02-20-2004 02:27:58 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Kegwen:
Huck Finn is one of the worst books I've ever read.

edit: not that it's poorly written, I just hate southern literature with a passion. Huck Finn was not only not an exception to this, it EXEMPLIFIED what I don't like.

So you got beat up by black kids when you had to read outloud as Huck and you said "grandma Jim?"

teehee, nice filter there Drys

[ 02-20-2004: Message edited by: Skaw ]

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: