EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I oughta move to chicago. :)
Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 02-19-2004 05:49:12 PM
Y'know the whole gay marriage thing, right?

link

I like Chicago Mayor Daley's take on it..

When asked if Gay/lesbian marriages would undermine the whole institution, he said..
"Marriage has been undermined by divorce, so don't tell me about marriage," he said. "Don't blame the gay and lesbian, transgender and transsexual community."

[ 02-19-2004: Message edited by: Aury ]

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 02-19-2004 05:56:06 PM
bravo!

I totally applaud his bravery, because standing up like that will get him castigated in the political world.

It really brings a tear to my eye. Yes, I think that everyone should have a right to love whomever they want. Straight or gay. I think that marriage is a good thing. I am proud of the mayor of San Fran. This Chicago guy has guts too.

Zair
The Imp
posted 02-19-2004 05:56:17 PM
Mayor Daley amuses me greatly. It seems like he does whatever the hell he wants in Chicago. When he wanted to get rid of an airport and people were protesting, he just had it bulldozed during the night before anyone could do anything.
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 02-19-2004 06:09:20 PM
quote:
Zair stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
Mayor Daley amuses me greatly. It seems like he does whatever the hell he wants in Chicago. When he wanted to get rid of an airport and people were protesting, he just had it bulldozed during the night before anyone could do anything.

Yeah, that was awesome. I love every reminder I get that the rules don't apply to anyone in politics.

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Zair
The Imp
posted 02-19-2004 06:19:51 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Kalculus Kid or Mathinator or Waisz wrote:
Yeah, that was awesome. I love every reminder I get that the rules don't apply to anyone in politics.

We can't change it, might as well have a sense of humor about it.

But back on topic, I think he is doing the right thing. Plus, if they legalize gay marriage in Chicago, I figure it will cause a lot of people to come to Chicago, thus creating more revenue for my state.

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 02-19-2004 06:28:22 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Zair wrote:
We can't change it, might as well have a sense of humor about it.

But back on topic, I think he is doing the right thing. Plus, if they legalize gay marriage in Chicago, I figure it will cause a lot of people to come to Chicago, thus creating more revenue for my state.

Marriage laws go through the state, not the city.

Alaan
posted 02-19-2004 06:31:15 PM
quote:
Kalculus Kid or Mathinator or Waisz impressed everyone with:
Marriage laws go through the state, not the city.

Even Governor Blago admitted that Daley had more political power in Illinois than he(Blago) did.

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 02-19-2004 06:33:48 PM
This man is pretty much the laughing stock of every political circle. He is a pathetic man and honestly I can't figure out how he managed to get elected.
"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Snugglits
posted 02-19-2004 06:34:18 PM
quote:
Alaan painfully thought these words up:
Even Governor Blago admitted that Daley had more political power in Illinois than he(Blago) did.

Fine, whatever, but they have to legalize it through Illinois not Chicago.

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 02-19-2004 06:34:39 PM
I love Chicago!

My current goal is to move to the suburbs there.

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 02-19-2004 06:35:18 PM
quote:
Azizza had this to say about Knight Rider:
This man is pretty much the laughing stock of every political circle. He is a pathetic man and honestly I can't figure out how he managed to get elected.

Bitter much?

Zair
The Imp
posted 02-19-2004 06:37:08 PM
quote:
This one time, at Azizza camp:

The people of CHicago seem to think he is alright. If I remember correctly, his last reelection was a landslide.

Alaan
posted 02-19-2004 06:37:46 PM
quote:
Azizza probably says this to all the girls:

I think because he is fairly honest. He says what he wants to do and generally sticks to it. He's a politician, so there are exceptions, but he is better than most in that respect.

Demos
Pancake
posted 02-19-2004 06:38:23 PM
Sorry folks, Chicago is in fine shape and people are happy. Cuz right now, nobody gives a shit what some cabal of politicians thinks. I certainly don't.
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Snugglits
posted 02-19-2004 06:38:56 PM
quote:
So quoth Alaan:
I think because he is fairly honest. He says what he wants to do and generally sticks to it. He's a politician, so there are exceptions, but he is better than most in that respect.

So, what you're saying is that people want robots in office?

Demos
Pancake
posted 02-19-2004 06:41:00 PM
quote:
Kalculus Kid or Mathinator or Waisz had this to say about Captain Planet:

"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Snugglits
posted 02-19-2004 06:42:04 PM
quote:
From the book of Demos, chapter 3, verse 16:

quote:
I think because he is fairly honest.

If you don't program a robot to lie...

quote:
He says what he wants to do and generally sticks to it.

Uh-huh

Suddar
posted 02-19-2004 06:44:00 PM
I don't think Waisz likes Richard Daley.
MorbId
Pancake
posted 02-19-2004 06:45:42 PM
quote:
Kalculus Kid or Mathinator or Waisz got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:

I know I do.

Snugglits
posted 02-19-2004 06:56:08 PM
quote:
Suddar thought about the meaning of life:
I don't think Waisz likes Richard Daley.

Actually, I'm just taking up the devil's advocate/screwing around like I always am.

Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 02-19-2004 07:26:16 PM
*blinks* Y'all took the topic train and derailed it, and killed everyone inside. I hope you're proud of yourselves.
Alaan
posted 02-19-2004 07:28:37 PM
At least 50% of EC's topics get derailed. =p
Zair
The Imp
posted 02-19-2004 07:30:32 PM
Hey, we've had tons of threads about gay marriage, but we rarely get one about Mayor Daley.

I tried to correct my hijack in my second post. No luck.

Jaggedpine Mistwalker
Member #4!
posted 02-19-2004 08:43:41 PM
I used to think our good Mayor was alright until the entire Meigs Field thing...
Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 02-19-2004 08:51:16 PM
quote:
"During a period when the country is at war in the Middle East, why must the mayor of Chicago also play dictator with a most valuable airport and cause additional turmoil inside our own country?" asked Boyer.

That made me laugh.

This thread in general made me laugh. Thanks guys.

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 02-19-2004 09:10:28 PM
Personally I don't think the government should have anything to do with marrage at all. That's why I like the idea of civil unions.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Star Collective
Pancake
posted 02-19-2004 09:50:17 PM
quote:
El Imán Grande! thought about the meaning of life:
Personally I don't think the government should have anything to do with marrage at all. That's why I like the idea of civil unions.

Yes.

The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain. - Ursula K. LeGuin ~ The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: