EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Give me an oddball team in FF Tactics!
Alaan
posted 02-14-2004 12:43:01 PM
So last time I went through Tactics I had a grossly overpowered team. Ramza was a monk using two-sword and I had all the special chars that viciously destroyed everything in sight. So this time I shall go through with a more oddball team if you can find me one to do! Other options are good themes to go with. The best one will win a shiny prize.*

*Shiny prize is me beating the game with your party.

Sean
posted 02-14-2004 12:52:25 PM
Try an all-monster team via Mediator skills.
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Alaan
posted 02-14-2004 12:54:27 PM
I sense horendous pain in my future. I shall try it though if no one else gives me a better idea! Getting a Red Chocobo as soon as possible is a must though. Those things can lay the smack down.
Chalesm
There is no innuendo in this title.
posted 02-14-2004 12:55:48 PM
Luckily, thanks to the ways abilities work, there are dozens of fun themes one can run. My personal favorite, that I did last time through the game, was to make sure that *everyone*, even the white mage, had some level of dragoon's jump ability. I loved just leaping up with everyone. When the entire horde of characters would vanish, it really seemed to confuse the poor opposing AI. So, not overpowered, but a lot of fun.

And there's of course the ever-popular final fantasy all-black mage or all white mage parties. I'm not sure how well that would work in tactics in particular, though.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Douglas Adams, 1952-2001

Suddar
posted 02-14-2004 12:56:22 PM
I still say all archers.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 02-14-2004 12:59:07 PM
Archers and assorted mages.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Alaan
posted 02-14-2004 01:01:57 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Chalesm said this:
Luckily, thanks to the ways abilities work, there are dozens of fun themes one can run. My personal favorite, that I did last time through the game, was to make sure that *everyone*, even the white mage, had some level of dragoon's jump ability. I loved just leaping up with everyone. When the entire horde of characters would vanish, it really seemed to confuse the poor opposing AI. So, not overpowered, but a lot of fun.

And there's of course the ever-popular final fantasy all-black mage or all white mage parties. I'm not sure how well that would work in tactics in particular, though.

Black Mage Jumping Party!

An all Black Mage party could probably work though. Have 2 people subbed as Chemists for healing. Probably one BM/WM for the joys of Holy. Everyone else subbed time mage for the half count probably.

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 02-14-2004 01:07:35 PM
Theives with guns.

Consider them to be muggers from the bad part of Ivalice.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Alaan
posted 02-14-2004 01:09:38 PM
quote:
Palador ChibiDragon had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Theives with guns.

Consider them to be muggers from the bad part of Ivalice.

Palador has just won the thread I think. I shall start that party now! Keep the suggestions flowing though. Can always restart if something better comes up.

Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 02-14-2004 02:50:13 PM
All Monster for the win sir.

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Alaan
posted 02-14-2004 02:54:24 PM
Probably would have to be Chocobos and possibly the Skel thing for a long time.

Edit: I still can go either direction with my party at this point, but how does steal work exactly? Is it just random with some modifiers or based off of brave?

[ 02-14-2004: Message edited by: Alaan ]

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: