EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: She's single now, guys.
Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 02-12-2004 04:21:24 PM
Here's your chance!

quote:
NEW YORK (AP) -- Just like J.Lo and Ben, the romance is over for Barbie and Ken.

After 43 years as one of the world's prettiest pairs, the perfect plastic couple is breaking up. The couple's "business manager," Russell Arons, vice president of marketing at Mattel, said that Barbie and Ken "feel it's time to spend some quality time -- apart."

"Like other celebrity couples, their Hollywood romance has come to an end," said Arons, who quickly added that the duo "will remain friends."

Arons denied that there was any truth to rumors that the breakup was linked to the Cali (as in California) Girl Barbie, arriving in stores now. To better reflect her single status, Cali Barbie will wear board shorts and a bikini top, metal hoop earrings, and have a deeper tan.

This new style already has attracted a new admirer, Blaine the Australian boogie boarder.

Barbie -- the most popular fashion doll in the world, according to toy maker Mattel -- met Ken on the set of a TV commercial in 1961, and they have been inseparable ever since.

Arons hinted Wednesday that the separation may be partially due to Ken's reluctance to getting married. All those bridal Barbie dolls in toy chests around the globe are really just examples of Barbie's wishful thinking, she explained.

Another possible factor is Barbie's career. The doll who was "born" Barbie Millicent Roberts in 1959 has been everything from a rock star to military medic, and she's currently marketed in more than 150 countries. According to Mattel, every second, three Barbie dolls are sold somewhere in the world.

So where does that leave Ken? Said Arons: "He will head for other waves."

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 02-12-2004 04:23:00 PM
That slut.

can you please fix my title
posted 02-12-2004 04:57:13 PM
ken is finaly comming out of the closet and they will be selling a new line of collectable rainbow colition dolls aimed at wealthy Homosexuals.
Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
BacardiMunch
Wise enough not to pee on the electric fence?
posted 02-12-2004 06:36:14 PM
Holy Crap. I can't believe it.

I do drama competitions, and the duo event I do with my female partner Tracy is a piece called Barbie and Ken.

It's about them having a baby that was made in another country, so Ken, under the stress of it all, accuses Barbie of cheating with G. I. Joe and being the cause of the problem.

It's too freaking ironic that we're doing the piece and this actually happens!

Number 105 is the piece we do.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 02-12-2004 07:00:11 PM
I wonder what it feels like to give a shit about things like that.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 02-12-2004 07:09:29 PM
I heard via LJ that Ken became quite the metrosexual and that's why.

Jete D'Paintedtoes
Pint-sized Pursesnatcher
posted 02-13-2004 12:03:06 AM

Fashion Insider Ken =p

Jete D'Paintedtoes
Randomly Occurring
the new site
Abbikat
Tastes best with pudding
posted 02-13-2004 04:07:06 AM
quote:
This one time, at Snoota camp:
This new style already has attracted a new admirer, Blaine the Australian boogie boarder.

In my (almost) 35 years of life as an Aussie, I've never met, or even heard of, any Aussie guy with the name Blaine...

(unless it's his surname.. which most Aussies don't use in general speech anyway unless its a more formal type of address.. [eg: Mr & Mrs Blaine, Dr Blaine, etc])

Were-Tigress Disciple of Lycanthropy
Perma-lowbie, addicted to MMORPGs
My LiveJournal

Mod
Pancake
posted 02-13-2004 04:20:28 AM
I feel sorry for the guy who has to talk to the press about such things, talk about shitty jobs.

"So yeah, Barbie and Ken are breaking up..YES the dolls....no shit jackass....Barbie has AIDS.....no wait.... foot fungus.....why am I doing this?...she got it from Furby....and Ken decided to go off to...... Africa, yeah Africa.....to join the Foreign Legion....no wait....can't make toys with guns.....the metro-sexual diamond miners union!"

[ 02-13-2004: Message edited by: Shazorx / Modrakien ]

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Synjari
Warrior Princess
Cookie Seraphim!
posted 02-13-2004 12:46:32 PM
*grins at Abbi* Anyone can be named anything these days.

As for barbie.. I wanna know what the heck happened to that baby she was preggers with sometime back. Better yet.. who's the father and what happened with the baby? We never see mention of it anymore. *cackle* okay Im done. =P

"Villiany wears many masks, none of which are more dangerous than virtue." - "Sleepy Hollow"
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 02-13-2004 12:49:48 PM
wtf is a metrosexual?
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-13-2004 12:53:18 PM
quote:
Rebel Nae had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
wtf is a metrosexual?

A Heterosexual guy who is like a Homosexual when it comes to their appearance, cleanliness, wardrobe, etc.

It used to be called Obsessive Compulsive

[ 02-13-2004: Message edited by: Katrinity ]

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 02-13-2004 12:56:13 PM
quote:
Rebel Nae had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
wtf is a metrosexual?

Metrosexual: (noun) Of or pertaining to a straight, urban male who is eager to embrace and even show off his feminine side, especially when it comes to expensive haircuts, designer suits, and $40 face cream.
-From Netscape Celebrity

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 02-13-2004 01:12:26 PM
hahahaha!
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 02-13-2004 01:17:49 PM
quote:
Shazorx / Modrakien had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
I feel sorry for the guy who has to talk to the press about such things, talk about shitty jobs.

"So yeah, Barbie and Ken are breaking up..YES the dolls....no shit jackass....Barbie has AIDS.....no wait.... foot fungus.....why am I doing this?...she got it from Furby....and Ken decided to go off to...... Africa, yeah Africa.....to join the Foreign Legion....no wait....can't make toys with guns.....the metro-sexual diamond miners union!"

Well done!

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: