EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I just came to a realization.
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 02-05-2004 04:43:18 PM
Mog only exists to suck the typos out of us!

Think about it..

We all type so well. So clearly, and nice and neat and stuff. We even use punctuation! Mog (While a great guy) doesn't.. thus those spelling errors and lost periods and commas have to go somewhere.. and it's directly into our posts!

JOIN THE CRUSADE! Every time Mog writes a legible post, a million typos cry out in freedom, and infect other posters!

Dauragon
Pancake
posted 02-05-2004 04:48:06 PM
NO.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 02-05-2004 05:03:03 PM
Somthor disproves your theory.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Alaan
posted 02-05-2004 05:05:34 PM
Clearly Somthor came into existance because of Mog's legible posts over the years.
Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 02-05-2004 05:08:37 PM
quote:
Bloodsage was naked while typing this:

I don't know about that. Think about it like this. Mog is a natural part of the Evercrest ecosystem. Somthor, on the other hand, is an alien menace.

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 02-05-2004 05:34:29 PM
quote:
Bloodsage obviously shouldn't have said:

On the contrary. One of the reasons many inherently loathe Somthor (Aside from the black hole of stupidity that no thought can come out of) is that he is taking Mog's share of typos! He's starving our Mog! So our instincts rally us to ostracize him and protect our beloved misspeller.

Goma
Pancake
posted 02-05-2004 05:35:57 PM
He's like a typo Jesus, or something.
Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 02-05-2004 05:38:58 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about (_|_):

There was about a month long period where mog used spell check on every post he made. Somthor is the result of that vile act.

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 02-05-2004 05:50:03 PM
One day I will actually read one of Mog's posts that is longer than a sentence

Currently, I just look at them and my eyes just glaze over, so I keep going and hope someone translates it into English.

Dr Cysa
Angsty Mcangst
posted 02-05-2004 05:55:42 PM
Mog's posts are that bad, I read them all the time. Its harder to read Kagrama's stories then to read mogs posts. Usually mogs posts follow a coherent thought.

Kagrama stories still ROCK!

I don't discriminate...I hate everyone.
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 02-05-2004 06:09:00 PM
quote:
Snoota had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
There was about a month long period where mog used spell check on every post he made. Somthor is the result of that vile act.

YES!

See? MY THEORY IS INFALLABLE!

Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 02-05-2004 08:16:56 PM
I think Mog's posts are actually kinda cute

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 02-05-2004 08:18:22 PM
I kind of miss the posts by the vampyres, actually. They were great fun.
Zair
The Imp
posted 02-05-2004 08:18:38 PM
quote:
Cysa The Clown had this to say about Captain Planet:
Mog's posts are that bad, I read them all the time. Its harder to read Kagrama's stories then to read mogs posts. Usually mogs posts follow a coherent thought.

Kagrama stories still ROCK!

For some reason I have no trouble reading Kagrama's stories. The words are always easily reconizable somehow.

Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 02-05-2004 08:18:39 PM
quote:
Neeecole was listening to Cher while typing:
I think Mog's posts are actually kinda cute

As do we all. Be a pal hug a Mog.

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Goma
Pancake
posted 02-05-2004 10:05:34 PM
Yeah, I got no beefs with Mog either. His typing might make him LOOK like a complete retard, but if you bother to do the translations in your head his posts for the most part can be considered as intelligent.

Go Mog?

can you please fix my title
posted 02-05-2004 10:57:16 PM
would you prefer I go back to not attempting any kind of editing at all? I could save lots of time by not proof reading and going to another site to spell check the worst of the errors out.

no real reason to keep fixing the errors if you wont give me credit for the improvement, and certily no motivation to try any harder than I am now.

on the other hand, I can appreciate the humor in all of this.

Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 02-05-2004 11:06:11 PM
quote:
Somthor got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
would you prefer I go back to not attempting any kind of editing at all? I could save lots of time by not proof reading and going to another site to spell check the worst of the errors out.

no real reason to keep fixing the errors if you wont give me credit for the improvement, and certily no motivation to try any harder than I am now.

The real reason to keep fixing your errors and so forth is to credit yourself. We can appreciate intelligence only by what we're shown in someone's post, and typing properly goes a long way in doing showing people what you're truly capable of.

You may not have gotten a lot of credit for it, but you're just coming up to the norm for us. We don't often give credit for such a thing simply because it's expected. Even if it's unspoken, it's appreciated, though.

Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 02-05-2004 11:25:41 PM
The only thing somthor proves is that there is no god.
On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Star Collective
Pancake
posted 02-06-2004 11:40:46 AM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by A_Blindy_005:
The only thing somthor proves is that there is no god.

On the contrary, there is only ONE Somthor so there must be a god!

The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain. - Ursula K. LeGuin ~ The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas

posted 02-06-2004 01:40:22 PM
actualy there is another Somthor in fact I recently learned I have quite the Extended family.
Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 02-07-2004 04:54:39 PM
quote:
Somthor's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:

No, you can't have a cookie simply because your posts have gone from utterly unintelligible to looking like they were written by a third-grader.

Expressing yourself clearly and with minimal errors is the standard. Even should you eventually meet the standard, don't expect a ticker-tape parade in your honor. No one cares how much effort it takes to type correctly; it's simply expected, the price of entry into polite online society, and you're not a hero for rising to the minimum.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

posted 02-07-2004 09:28:41 PM
hate to break it to you Blood but you aint polite online socity.
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 02-07-2004 09:32:39 PM
quote:
Somthor had this to say about Robocop:
hate to break it to you Blood but you aint polite online socity.

He is, my friend. Despite what you may think, Bloodsage is perfectly polite and gentlemanly. You persist in antagonizing him, however. This, you cannot deny.

Besides, you are hardly in a position to criticize. Do you recall your earlier days here? There was a conversation that involved female genitalia, and your reply to it was that the majority of the boards would never see it. Go back and search, I am correct in this matter.

People can give you a hard time, on occasion, but you do nothing to fix it. As such, you are as much at fault as anyone.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: