EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Something All ECers Have Had To Do..
Lady Delirium
Drysart loves me!
posted 01-29-2004 11:54:21 AM
What made you first come to ec? what made you stay here? first impressions? where did you hear about it?

yes, that is maradon spining around in a chair ^_ ____ _ ^
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 01-29-2004 12:00:54 PM
I flamed the fuck out of some member of Woody's old Gu... forum.

Then I posted here.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Ocyrrhoe Trazere
Bootylicious!!
posted 01-29-2004 12:04:04 PM
My brother brought me here because he'd been reading the comic for a while and was around the day the forum came about... I joined before he did, began posting, etc.

First impression? "This place is pretty empty. Hm!"

"Come at me. Every inch of me will resist you."

Full sigpic image.
Liam - "Caitlin: You terrify me, but in a good way."

Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 01-29-2004 12:06:52 PM
Read the comic, never noticed the 'forum' link, played EQ for a while longer, stumbled across comic again and lurked in the forums for a month or so. I joined in the 'Bajah Steals the Women' thread. Page 23 I believe.. I posted a great rabbit picture which I unfortunately subsequently lost

[edit: I found the thread! My post is a little way down I also found foofie.jpg again! Here he is in all his glory:

This was before the 'standard' cute pet pics started flooding the internet as much as these days. Wasn't I a cute newbie? ]

[ 01-29-2004: Message edited by: Niklas ]

Razor
posted 01-29-2004 12:29:30 PM
I came around because of Ditty. After lurking over the shoulder of Ditty for about a month. I stay because the internet is a boring place to be, ya there may be alot out there, but most of it's crapso I stay.
Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Cherveny
Papaya
posted 01-29-2004 12:37:57 PM
I came because of the comic.

I forget where I first saw a link to the comic, most likely from Lum's old site.

I was going to post on the forum, then saw how several newbies were instantly flamed out of existance the first time they tried posting, so I just lurked for 8 months or so.

I finally starting posting after someones "All you lurkers, stop lurking and post" type threads.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-29-2004 12:38:44 PM
It's been so long that I can't remember any of the details surrounding my arrival.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-29-2004 12:40:00 PM
The comic.

Then the Frolickers. That was a nice forum to read, from time to time.

D Spot
Pancake
posted 01-29-2004 12:40:22 PM
Blackmage showed me the site awhile ago, I wasn't really interested. I had heard way more conversations than I needed to between BM and Mr.Crabs to understand what happened here. Then around Thanksgiving I dicided to take another look, shortly after I signed up.

I stay because There isn't much better to do on the internet.

Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 01-29-2004 12:40:36 PM
Migrated here the first time GU comics went boom.
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 01-29-2004 12:41:39 PM
I found the link to the comic back when I was still using the EQ Vault page for their message boards (crap now) for RPing on Brell. Loved the comic and read it every update day. After a little bit, I started lurking in the message board. A month or two later, I created and joined. ^.^
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 01-29-2004 12:43:02 PM
Lazzay brought me. I don't really remember my first impression of the fourm, but I remember I didn't like IRC much. Still don't like it much...

I haven't left because it's fun to lurk here and kind of study this human interaction stuff. Even if it's taking place electronically.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 01-29-2004 12:54:17 PM
Came from EQVault and was reading the comics from the second one. After a long while I joined the forums.

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 01-29-2004 12:57:55 PM
Lurking started with the comics. When EC hosted the Frolickers forums, I started to post some on EC too.
Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 01-29-2004 01:00:32 PM
Ferret showed me the comic, I found it funny and joined. I stayed here because... I don't really know. Probably because some people here gave me help in my math and because some really funny stuff is posted here. I still remember that pic of Delid kissing... himself, I laughed so hard at that. Perhaps I should post something funny. Like this!
"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
-Proverbs 4:8-9
BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 01-29-2004 01:04:09 PM
I have bad memories about my first post here.... >_<

if anyone remembers...

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Alaan
posted 01-29-2004 01:13:44 PM
I was dragged here by Waisz and made my first post under a thread called Alaan! posted by Waisz. I didn't even get to lurk for a day.

Edit:
n00b thread ahoy! I snuck in quite well.

[ 01-29-2004: Message edited by: Alaan ]

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 01-29-2004 01:16:20 PM
Lyinar bebopped over to Whineplay to tell Snoota and Groller and Me there was an EC thread about us. . .so we made accounts and joined in the fun.

Seemed like a cool bunch of folks, so I stuck around.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 01-29-2004 01:19:47 PM
Delidgamond called me up and told me I had to come register for this forum he had just found, so I did. We have the same registered date because of this.

Inferno-Spirit and Burger, RL friends, eventually wondered over as a result of Deli and I constantly talking about it in class, things on the board.

Bummey the Fool
Prefers to play with men
posted 01-29-2004 01:38:10 PM
I honestly have no idea how I got here.
Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 01-29-2004 01:52:43 PM
How I got here is explained in the Bible.

"And God said, 'Let there be Ruvyen!' And so there was. And God saw Ruvyen, and recoiled in horror at what he had created: A being as great as, if not greater than himself. Eventually, Ruvyen came to dislike God, and the two have been fighting ever since. Before the conflict, however, God said, 'Let there be swords!' And Ruvyen saw the swords, and they pwned."

Heathen smiting in 5... 4... 3...

Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Mod
Pancake
posted 01-29-2004 01:54:33 PM
I noticed the gu boards being hosted off EC, came here, posted something dumb, went away for a month, started posting again.
Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 01-29-2004 01:54:51 PM
The comic.

Wayyyy longgg timmme ago.

Then I lurked (mono).

Then I came back, and posted in Bajah's wemmins thread.

THE REST IS HISTORY~

Hireko
Kill a fish before breakfast each day
posted 01-29-2004 02:27:58 PM
I came for the comic, stayed for the fun RP threads. I left for 2 months, came back to see mostly new faces posting, and then lurked for a long time. I still read mostly, but I'm known to post now and again.
Those who dance are thought insane by those who can't hear the music.
Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 01-29-2004 02:30:42 PM
Came over on the /GU boat.
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 01-29-2004 02:36:23 PM
A friend of mine used to RP in the Frolicker's and someone found out and posted logs from there, flaming him on EQVault. I followed the links from there to here.

I felt so bad for him.

Anyway.. I liked this place and stayed.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 01-29-2004 02:39:51 PM
quote:
Rebel Nae had this to say about dark elf butts:
Anyway.. I liked this place and stayed.

And thus we were blessed with Nae! ^.^

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 01-29-2004 02:40:01 PM
I started posting in frolikers, and read over here. you all scared me too much to post. After a 8 month haitus i came back, forgot the password to this account, and
Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 01-29-2004 02:40:24 PM
Created this account. Been posting actively ever since.
On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 01-29-2004 02:41:20 PM
quote:
Blindy Claus wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
I started posting in frolikers, and read over here. you all scared me too much to post. After a 8 month haitus i came back, forgot the password to this account, and here's a million dollars.

Woot!

Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 01-29-2004 03:00:01 PM
Started out in the /GU forums, had a decent time there, and soon found that the forums were hosted off the EC main forums, so I went over there and had a semi-pleasant few weeks just posting randomly a few times.

Then I made my infamous mistake of rezzing an old thread to flame someone and got my title.

Eventually after the hysteria died down and I figured out how the community worked, I quickly shaped up and have been posting ever since, though some people still dislike me for my rough entrance.

"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 01-29-2004 04:02:32 PM
I saw a bunch of pictures of a scanitly clad woman, and it caught my interest. What made me stay was all the funny content.

[ 01-29-2004: Message edited by: Death of Rats ]

A particularly crafty sea lion is befuddling the Army Corps of Engineers, who have come to believe the 1,000-pound mammal is either from hell -- or from Harvard.
Kermitov
Pancake
posted 01-29-2004 04:30:22 PM
Always been reading the comic far as I can remember. Lurked for a while... I'll turn gold on March 30th
Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 01-29-2004 04:59:55 PM
My brother told me to come here. So I did. I feared the beatings I'd get if I didn't* But I liked it so much I stayed.

* Not true!

Goma
Pancake
posted 01-29-2004 05:26:34 PM
I came here when I saw Liam playing that conquest game, it looked pretty neat so I wanted to play it too. He gave me the link to Conquest and then he forced me to register to the forum for some reason.

I've been here ever since.

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 01-29-2004 05:31:27 PM
Whineplay went boom. I came here.
Zair
The Imp
posted 01-29-2004 05:48:33 PM
Stumbled across it while exploring the GU boards. Lurked fairly regularly for a long time, then got bored enough to start posting regularly.

edit: Stuck around because this board seemed to have cool people, but more importantly, it didn't allow giant signatures with 12 screen sized pictures in them. I hate those.

[ 01-29-2004: Message edited by: Zair ]

LeMiere
posted 01-29-2004 05:55:43 PM
I saw the link on EQ Stratics. I clicked the link. I read the comic. I went to the forums and registered.

I posted on one or two topics (first was one about Escaflowne being on Fox)... I didn't stay.

I came back a few months later. I stayed because I ended up liking the community as it was when I returned.

Ares
posted 01-29-2004 06:13:23 PM
I saw Beau here, so I was like.. "Hey, why not?" And joined.

This is the longest I've stayed active at a forum. Ever. You guys gave me a warm 5-6 page welcome. I felt special. ;.;

Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 01-29-2004 06:16:36 PM
Read the comic and started checking out the forums. I eventually signed up.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: