EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Another Digaea question
Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 01-23-2004 03:02:39 PM
As of late, I had been neglecting this fine game for other activities but now that I've gotten back into it, I've got a question... Does Flonne ever become a 'good' member of the party? She just seems so mediocre in every respect when I try to use her in battle.

Should I even bother trying to build her up?

[ 01-23-2004: Message edited by: 'Myth ]

I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 01-23-2004 03:13:17 PM
quote:
'Myth had this to say about Cuba:
As of late, I had been neglecting this fine game for other activities but now that I've gotten back into it, I've got a question... Does Flonne ever become a 'good' member of the party? She just seems so mediocre in every respect when I try to use her in battle.

Yes. Create some mages with her and teach her magic*. Between her healing, the feather special thingy, and the magic, she does quite well as a caster.

*To learn magic in case you don't know, create a few mages or skulls under Flonne. Then level him/her up a bit to get the higher level spells. Have Flonne stand next to him/her and she'll be able to cast those spells at level 0. Cast them enough to level the spell up to level 1 and she learns them permanently.

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 01-23-2004 03:15:18 PM
Heh. I created a Star Mage under her and got her up to Giga Wind. I've got a Prism Mage that's been handling my elemental stuff...

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 01-23-2004 03:21:57 PM
quote:
'Myth had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Heh. I created a Star Mage under her and got her up to Giga Wind. I've got a Prism Mage that's been handling my elemental stuff...

If you have access to level 5-3, I recommend using the base Fire/Wind/Ice/Star mages, since they're the only ones who have access to the Tera level spells. Just equip them with a gun and a bunch of +hit items so they'll be able to kill the enemy, getting much experience.

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 01-23-2004 03:45:26 PM
What levels do mages get the Terra spells again?

Freedan
Pancake
posted 01-23-2004 03:51:26 PM
100 for Fire/Ice/Wind, 120 for Star
Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 01-23-2004 04:00:42 PM
Eh. I'll get it my next time through. I've been putzing around WAY too much as it is. o.o

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 01-23-2004 06:37:27 PM
quote:
'Myth stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
Eh. I'll get it my next time through. I've been putzing around WAY too much as it is. o.o

You'll never bear Baal with an attitude like that. Then again, I probably won't either.

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 01-23-2004 07:00:51 PM
Flonne can become such a good magic user that it isn't even funny. All of her special techniques are intelligence based, and she learns magic frighteningly well.

Seriously, make a mage and take it to 5-3. If you can't get up to the giga spells in three minutes, then there's some sort of problem with what you're doing.

And go for the Cave of Ordeals, leveling up there will make you wonder how the heck you ever thought that levelling could be difficult.

And Sakkra? You're never gonna beat Baal. You're gonna be a friggin' Prinny before he is.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 01-23-2004 08:12:14 PM
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 01-24-2004 09:53:28 PM
quote:
Mooj thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
And go for the Cave of Ordeals, leveling up there will make you wonder how the heck you ever thought that levelling could be difficult.

I've been to the third level of the Cave of Ordeals. I got my ass kicked, badly.

At what point do I have any hope in hell of taking those 9 on?

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 01-24-2004 10:11:08 PM
You need at least 3000 attack to do any level of damage whatsoever to them, their defense is astronomical. With 13,000 attack power, though, you can kill them in one hit. The trick to really leveling there is to get Winged Slayer with enough attack to do damage. You'll start raking up the levels in no time.
Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 01-25-2004 02:41:16 AM
Alright. One more question... with the New Game+, when you start, I know you have all the non-story characters again right away but do keep other things, like product level at the weapon/item shop?

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: