EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Ew Cold
Lady Delirium
Drysart loves me!
posted 01-15-2004 08:04:13 PM
my school is cancelled tomorrow cause its gonna be that cold
hey im not complaining about the lack of school though
just north of me, windchill included, it is actually -100 degrees
yeee

[ 01-15-2004: Message edited by: Lady Delirium ]

yes, that is maradon spining around in a chair ^_ ____ _ ^
Kiranê
Total Crap
posted 01-15-2004 08:04:49 PM
It was a mild 60 degree's here in NC today.
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 01-15-2004 08:04:51 PM
ooooooo nice
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Aaron (the good one)
posted 01-15-2004 08:05:22 PM
American schools are pussies.
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Mog
not really a mmembe rof tis boered
posted 01-15-2004 08:09:51 PM
four inches of nsow today, no cnacell

saposed to be -25 tomorrow, and the closest htingi haev to a coat is a very hole full sweatshirt (with the hood hanigng half off)

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
- Self Rreliance
Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 01-15-2004 08:10:49 PM
-3 right now here in central MA

Feels like -25 with wind

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Lady Delirium
Drysart loves me!
posted 01-15-2004 08:12:13 PM
quote:
Black's account was hax0red to write:
-3 right now here in central MA

Feels like -25 with wind

yeah we live in the same state
which town are you from again?

Holden
French Cocksucker
posted 01-15-2004 08:12:37 PM
Cold in Maine

"America is dumb, it's like a dumb puppy that has big teeth that can bite and hurt you..."
Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 01-15-2004 08:12:49 PM
God I love southern California, I needed a sweatshirt this morning, but was able to take it off about 10.
A particularly crafty sea lion is befuddling the Army Corps of Engineers, who have come to believe the 1,000-pound mammal is either from hell -- or from Harvard.
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 01-15-2004 08:14:14 PM
Was telling Xyrra earlier.. never thought I'd be able to taunt someone with 18f temps...
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 01-15-2004 08:17:55 PM
It's been steadily rather unpleasantly warm in this room. Two computers, two adult humans, and a cat are usually in here. So we actually have a window open to balance out the heat with cold air from outside, due to the fact Lyinar and I don't control the thermostat. Da horrrrrrror.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 01-15-2004 08:18:09 PM
quote:
What sound does a dog make? Ruff. Like Lady Delirium's mother likes it.
yeah we live in the same state
which town are you from again?

If I recall correctly, you live out near Cape Cod.

I'm in South Hadley. A quaint little town next to Holyoke... And about 10 minutes from Springfield.

Lady Delirium
Drysart loves me!
posted 01-15-2004 08:22:14 PM
nah im not really close to the cape....i live in a cow town called medway which is south west of boston, which im not too far from
i spend too much time towards the worcester area and even north of that in holden/sterling/rutland area and im found in nashua, NH on the weekends
so when do ya wanna meet ??

[ 01-15-2004: Message edited by: Lady Delirium ]

Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 01-15-2004 08:22:47 PM
The surrounding counties had cold weather and about 9" of snow. We got barely anything
Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 01-15-2004 08:39:50 PM
quote:
It's Lady Delirium Season!
nah im not really close to the cape....i live in a cow town called medway which is south west of boston, which im not too far from
i spend too much time towards the worcester area and even north of that in holden/sterling/rutland area and im found in nashua, NH on the weekends
so when do ya wanna meet ??

Closer to the cape than me.

Phoenix
Pancake
posted 01-15-2004 08:51:22 PM
A balmy -3 degrees today.. -25 degrees with windchill.. the University's still open
Razor
posted 01-15-2004 09:01:46 PM
It was 49F at 5:30am at school *yes I'm there that early*
At 7:30a, it was about 55
By the time I got out,about 11:45a, it was about 68/69F
(The classroom has broken heater... 85F inside)

It was over 80 a few days ago. Right outside my window, and 90 inside *dripped*

We pay for our weather... San Diego, 2nd Best Climate in world *heard that on NPR/KPBS radio on a PRI news brief*

Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Redmage Darkrayver
Moron
posted 01-15-2004 10:33:24 PM
quote:
FUCKING IDIOT was naked while typing this:

*nods in agreement* I've been going to work with this -22C weather and walking outside for a minute or two with no coat or gloves.

And I don't recall them closing any schools yet this year so far.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 01-15-2004 10:35:45 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why FUCKING IDIOT wrote:

Actually I have a Canadian friend who has had his school canceled for the same reason (although it was predicted to be about -45 where he lived, so it's a bit different...)

Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 01-15-2004 10:37:17 PM
At long last it snowed today I was surprised, but they closed school. It's surprising because our school has a tendency not to close for any winter save the nuclear variety.
not complainin tho

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Ares
posted 01-15-2004 10:41:06 PM
quote:
Kegwen attempted to be funny by writing:
Actually I have a Canadian friend who has had his school canceled for the same reason (although it was predicted to be about -45 where he lived, so it's a bit different...)

Yeah, it was -48 here with windchill. We still went.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 01-15-2004 10:42:10 PM
quote:
Ares stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:

Maybe his particular area is wussy?

Ares
posted 01-15-2004 10:44:34 PM
quote:
Kegwen had this to say about Captain Planet:
Maybe his particular area is wussy?

Must be.
Suddar
posted 01-15-2004 10:45:28 PM
quote:
Ares spewed forth this undeniable truth:

Same. I highly doubt it was -40 anywhere without windchill, at least in this cold snap, or -100. Just to be clear.

Right now it's -50 with windchill. It was worse this morning, if only slightly.

And we went to school. Only some Maine areas cancelled.

[ 01-15-2004: Message edited by: Suddar ]

Ares
posted 01-15-2004 10:46:30 PM
quote:
Suddar's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Same. I highly doubt it was -40 anywhere without windchill, at least in this cold snap, or -100. Just to be clear.

Right now it's -50 with windchill. It was worse this morning, if only slightly.

Yeah, it was -22 today without windchill. Well, this morning anyways....

Suddar
posted 01-15-2004 10:48:56 PM
I don't know the exact temp, but it was around negative 18 or 20 or so this morning here too.
Jete D'Paintedtoes
Pint-sized Pursesnatcher
posted 01-16-2004 12:15:51 AM
I go back to school in boston from southern california this sunday....it is NOT going to be fun =/
Jete D'Paintedtoes
Randomly Occurring
the new site
Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 01-16-2004 12:48:53 AM
Eh, with windchill its -25 here, and at least the buildings open for interim haven't closed down. I dunno, I've been in some very cold weather, mainly while living in Chicago and while skiing. Just wear the right stuff and you should be ok.
"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
Chugga
Pancake
posted 01-16-2004 12:55:06 AM
I was wandering out in public job hunting this afternoon in the weather, it wasn't bad but soooo many people complaining, even on the news.
Suddar
posted 01-16-2004 01:05:42 AM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Doomie!
I was wandering out in public job hunting this afternoon in the weather, it wasn't bad but soooo many people complaining, even on the news.

I had to work outside yesterday for 2 hours or so. It got bad when the wind kept blowing right into my face, but otherwise it was fine.

Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 01-16-2004 07:11:55 AM
If I could, I'd give you a few degrees. It's been 90+ degrees F for a few days now...
diadem
eet bugz
posted 01-16-2004 07:55:51 AM
-25 to -30 with the windchill here today. I just bought a hat yesterday 'cause I couldn't stand the cold outside anymore. Guess I know why. We don't nearly have it as bad tempature-wise as you, but there are a few other minor things that concern me like this. First the water main in my apartment complex starts flooding at home, now my place of work decides to one up my apartment and have a chunk of its city flood.

But at least we don't have -100 with windchill. I can't even comprehend it being that cold.

quote:
FUCKING IDIOT had this to say about Pirotess:

Canadians aren't people.

[ 01-16-2004: Message edited by: diadem ]

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 01-16-2004 10:49:45 AM
Viva Las Vegas!

eat our 50 degrees baby!

Somu Icewalker
Also known as Diet Dr. Evil
posted 01-16-2004 11:30:25 AM
Go Rochester and our -30F windchill. 5 mins walk to classes without any hat or gloves.

quote:
FUCKING IDIOT had this to say about dark elf butts:

You're vote has been vetoed.

D Spot
Pancake
posted 01-16-2004 12:17:13 PM
My school got cancelled too

Here it's -40 with windchills. That's nowhere near -100, but I still got out of school. I'm not going to complain.

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 01-16-2004 12:21:00 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael was all like:
It's been steadily rather unpleasantly warm in this room. Two computers, two adult humans, and a cat are usually in here. So we actually have a window open to balance out the heat with cold air from outside, due to the fact Lyinar and I don't control the thermostat. Da horrrrrrror.

I have the same problem. I have the heat off in here but with a computer running at 135 Degree and two Bulbs burning at 250 Degree each, it heats up way to fast.

"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 01-16-2004 12:22:23 PM
quote:
Azizza had this to say about Pirotess:
I have the same problem. I have the heat off in here but with a computer running at 135 Degree and two Bulbs burning at 250 Degree each, it heats up way to fast.

... 135 degrees?

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: