EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: reject poser movies anyone?
SyrisNight
Pancake
posted 01-09-2004 08:10:58 PM
Any one work on a poser movie for a long time, then render and play it and there was a big flaw in it?
What goes around, will eventually come around. Be an ass and make fun of a nerd, go to a job interview and get rejected because that nerd would most likely be the boss.
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 01-09-2004 08:29:57 PM
...what
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 01-09-2004 08:31:06 PM
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 01-09-2004 08:36:54 PM
Wait wait wait... you had sex with the tree, but the tape fucked up, so now you have to do it again?
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Sarudani Miolnir
Old-school poster
posted 01-10-2004 12:47:53 AM
What kind of flaw? Something in a few specific frames that could be fixed and re-rendered, or something that wrecks the whole thing?
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 01-10-2004 01:09:40 AM
quote:
SyrisNight had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Any one work on a poser movie for a long time, then render and play it and there was a big flaw in it?

Here's a tip when posting:

Assume we AREN'T standing right next to you, and thus, have NO idea what you are talking about until you clarify.

Most people don't know that Poser is a CG rendering suite, and if they did, may not automatically make the connection with your post.

Here is what your post should have said:

quote:
I am currently working on a project in digital rendering with a program called Poser.

After working on my animation for several hours, I had the program render it and attempt to play it. When it started to play it, there was a huge flaw.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Learn and improve, young Padawan.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piƱa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 01-10-2004 01:14:46 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when SyrisNight wrote:

The way I read this was he was making a movie about posers.. not using the Poser program, and then with the reject in the title, made me think of the reject cartoons.

So, was thinking, he was making a movie about people trying to make a reject like cartoon.

Capitals are important sometimes.

[ 01-10-2004: Message edited by: Trent ]

Super Kagrama
ROFLELFOLOL!!!11!1 YUO CAN'T RAED MY POSTSSE!@!11
posted 01-10-2004 01:15:37 AM
DIMENSIONAEL GAETWAEY AHOEY!!!11
i shoueld joeg threw the foreast moer offeand!!11
Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 01-10-2004 02:27:50 AM
KAGRAMA LIVES
Jete D'Paintedtoes
Pint-sized Pursesnatcher
posted 01-10-2004 02:07:30 PM
as an answer:

yes, I have. more reasons why I stopped using that program long ago =)

Jete D'Paintedtoes
Randomly Occurring
the new site
Dr Cysa
Angsty Mcangst
posted 01-10-2004 02:27:40 PM
Sweet Zombie Jebus on a pogo stick, the Kagrama is ALIVE!
I don't discriminate...I hate everyone.
Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 01-10-2004 03:26:12 PM
quote:
Super Kagrama had this to say about dark elf butts:
DIMENSIONAEL GAETWAEY AHOEY!!!11

First Officer's blog, stardate XXX:

We've encountered a wormhole of some sort. Sensors indicate that something is trying to come through, and most of Engineering agrees that the energy pattern is both familiar and hilarious, but none can put their finger on it. We've loaded the photon torpedo bays, although since we haven't been to a starbucksbase for a while, we had to fill most of them with whiny redshirts.

Ensign Soldar: "We've got a visual on the object emerging from the wormhole, captain."

Captain Jean-Luc Parcelan: "On screen, knave!"

[The viewscreen reveals a giant stick figure made of pure light above a swirling vortex of energy. The entire bridge crew gasps in shock.]

Kagrama: "HAELOS! I COEM INN PAEX!"

Ja'Deth LaBael: "By Wolverine's claws, it's Kagrama! Last time we ran into him he fixed the warp core fluxx0rs by hitting it with a trout!"

Dr. Ill'nae: "He read my patients bedtime stories which led to curative bouts of dangerously convulsive laughter!"

Cpt. Parcelan: "Yes, and he treated the entire crew to dinner at Omega-Popeyes...but still, it could be a trap. Fire a torpedo to be safe."

[Cut to the exterior of the Cresterprise. A torpedo launches Ensign Zeke towards the great glowing giant.]

Zeke: "As the sword through the heart, so do I fly to you! TO HELL WITH YE, GIANT SPACE VAMPIRE!"

Kagrama: "TIHS REMAISNDS MI OF THET TAIM WUEHN I WAZ RADECURAETING MY HAWS! tahre wus a caht onn my tinn ruuf sou i SHAWT IET WATH MY LAZ0R! annd haed stu, wannt sum~?/"

[Cut to bridge.]

Ares: "I'm sensing that this is, in fact, the real Kagrama. I've done a sketch that proves it."

[Ares produces a beautifully rendered stick figure in anime style. The two giant dots of his eyes pass over the swiggly line that marks his hair.]

Kagrama: "TAHT PICTAR TAESTZ AS GUD AS APEL PI! spaekin of whych i haev got a pi juest forr t'eh crew! frehshbaekd hoemstolin frum ann oeld aleen ldy! i aet alll of tha tintikels tho, but ett is STILLL COVERRED IN PLAZMARIFFIC GUDNESS!"

[Just then an elf wearing an ominous green robe appears in a flash of light on the bridge! Ensigns Cysa, Mog and Soldar stand up with phasers in hand and point them at the feared entity, but with a snap of the fingers a giant red sign reading "B&!" smashes them all to the floor, writhing in agony!]

Drysart: "hay guys what's goin on in this starship?"

Parcelan: "Drysart! I thought the Mod Continuum had agreed to leave our little starship alone!"

Drysart: "No, no we didn't. In any case, though, I am not here for you..."

[Drysart turns to the viewscreen.]

Drysart: "...but for the pie!"

[A collective gasp from the bridge crew.]

Drysart: "That pie is too delicious for your civilization! It must be banned from the galaxy, into my stomach!"

Kagrama: "NWOW WAET A DARNT SEKINT! yuo canot AHNDL T'EH PI!~ yuor suparconshis neigh-chur as a mawd wuold nevar knwo the troo maenyng of PI!@"

Drysart: "Silence, you overgrown line art! My continuum WILL HAVE THE PIE!"

[Suddenly, there is another blinding flash of light, and a giant log appears on the bridge! Ensigns Cysa, Soldar and Mog, who have finally recovered from the Drysart's temporary ban attack, get to their feet and point their phasers at the new menace, only to be rolled over as if they were the neighbor's dog!]

Log: "Drysart! You have meddled too much in the affairs of the mortals! For this crime [i}I BAN YOU![/I]

[The universe seems to shake with the force of Log's statement. In an instant Chief Engineer Ja'Deth LaBael's hyperintelligent mind, expanded by the replacement of parts of his brain with nanites and ravioli, realizes that this must not come to be and has prepared an five-page essay with footnotes and an annotated bibliography to justify his next action. Hoisting his phaser, he sends a beam of pure light to the Log, who, despite his omnipotence, lights on fire!]

Log: "Nooo! Curse this fallible mortal form!" disappears in another flash of light

[Drysart turns to say something, words of scorn or perhaps of thanks, to LaBael, but before he does his head explodes in a spray of gore! But being Drysart he's still alive of course.]

Drysart: "Ow! Only one person alive on this ship could have done this...I'll get you next time!" disappears in yet another flash of light

Nem-x: "Roofles, Captain. Roofles." bounces around his hiding spot in the UBB-tube

Cpt. Parcelan: "Now that that's settled, time for pie and booze!"

Kagrama: "PI ANAD BUUUUZ! taht remainds mee of a storee wtih PIRATZ AND SPAEC WHISKI!"

fin

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 01-10-2004 04:48:06 PM
I'm liking these First Officers blogs.. *nods*

[ 01-10-2004: Message edited by: Trent ]

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 01-10-2004 05:52:29 PM
I'm liking the Star Trek satire..

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: