EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I'm an Illusionist!
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 01-08-2004 01:45:17 AM
Melisande was started on , Monday, July 10th, 2000. Now, after nearly 4 years, she's finally an Illusionist.

And I have realized that my gear freaking sucks ass. Can someone post some suggestions on good level 50s enchanter gear that I could either hunt, farm the cast for, or win a roll in a certain XP hunting area on?

LDoN is a given, of course. I actually was just given a nice new mask my friend won in a level 65 adventure. So face is good.

Magelo is being a shit right now. I'll post the current one when I figure out what's wrong. It's from when she was level 44, so it't outdated, but better than nothing.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 01-08-2004 01:58:10 AM
I'm a level 30 paladin, BITCHES!
Skaw
posted 01-08-2004 02:00:31 AM
quote:
King Parcelan had this to say about dark elf butts:
I'm a level 30 paladin, BITCHES!

Indeed. I haven't read Mall Monkeys since that one was put up.

Lashanna
noob
posted 01-08-2004 02:02:01 AM
quote:

"It says here that you have experience with Excel, Word, and networking, but what exactly do you mean by... Thirty-eighth... level... beastlord?"
*uncomfortable silence

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 01-08-2004 02:03:09 AM
quote:
Skaw had this to say about Robocop:
Indeed. I haven't read Mall Monkeys since that one was put up.

You haven't missed much. Mall Monkeys isn't funny unless it's using racial stereotypes.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-08-2004 02:42:25 AM
Hopefully this works

www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=575063

[ 01-08-2004: Message edited by: Lyinar Ka`Bael ]

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-08-2004 02:44:48 AM
Magelo is having issues. I have a Batskull Earring in both ears, and that mask is in my face slot.

Nina
posted 01-08-2004 04:57:41 AM
You want HPs. A bit of Mana. More HPs. And HPs. That's pretty much it... With that in mind, here's a few essentials, though they might slightly be out of your league...

Shadel bandit ring, 55 HPs/Mana
Cloak of Greater Pernicity, 50 HPs/Mana + 25 CHA
You could craft yourself a Black Sapphire Velium Necklace, 65HPs/Mana
There's the proverbial Earring of the Solstice... 55 HPs/Mana + FT1. Cheapest FT item out there, just need to gather the components in Bazaar
For ears, Jade Inlaid Hoop, 3 CHA + 35 HPs/Mana
Try a Bracelet of Comprehension, 15Int + 6 all saves

If it has to be easier to get, then count me out, I have no idea what's cheaper ;p

[ 01-08-2004: Message edited by: Nina ]

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 01-08-2004 05:54:41 AM
crappy...gear...

*twitches*

I remember when that woulda been uber gear.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-08-2004 06:25:49 AM
Lol, yeah Fal, me too. But not anymore

And yes, I've been looking quite a bit for some HP gear. What is a good number of HPs to have at my level? I know I want to go at least over 1k if I can, but should I try for higher?

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-08-2004 06:26:32 AM
Bah, and she has a Stein of Mogguk. Put the wrong damn stein back into her hand.

Oh, and if I can't get a Bracelet of Comprehension, what about a couple of BD diamond bracers? I've been wanting to get my resists up and I can craft those easily.

Nina
posted 01-08-2004 06:49:51 AM
Well, the bracelet was more of a "Get 15 int in a useless slot so you can blow HPs in other places" thing, in my opinion.

As for good HPs at 51, it's up to you... But 1k sounds like a reasonable cut-off. I have 1200 myself, and I think it's still not enough, but not everyone would agree. One thing's for sure, more can't hurt

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-08-2004 07:10:19 AM
I don't think it's enough either. We get hit. We need to be able to withstand that.

Going to let Adam beat on me with his shammy pet in a duel to get my defense up, although it's pretty high as is. Can always be better, though.

BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 01-08-2004 07:30:30 AM
I remember trying to duel people to get skills up... I think I remember it not working too well.

But that was a hella long time ago, back when I had my FIRST magician, and back when boats worked. Another magician and I beat eachother up on the boat ride from BB to Freeport.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 01-08-2004 02:12:08 PM
quote:
Nina had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
You want HPs. A bit of Mana. More HPs. And HPs. That's pretty much it...

I disagree. Right now her Int is extremly low as is her number of plus mana items.

First goal should be to get your Int to around 220ish so that it's maxed with KEI. Beyond that isn't really worth the price until you get 61+ and the cap goes up, or you just start picking up gear with better Int as you progress.

Next goal is to get +mana gear. HP is important, but i've found that as you get mana gear, you also tend to get decent HP gear at the same time. It's really just a different orientation of getting the same gear.

For getting gear, i'd heavily recomend doing the Thurgadin armor quests if you're capable of killing in the Kael arena. You can also look up the PoGrowth drops which are equivelent to the Thurg quest gear, you just obliterate your Highelf faction doing this.

In either case, if you're buying gear, just try and get a good "bang for the buck" when you're buying new gear. Paying 2k+ for an upgrade of 2 Int and 5 mana really isn't worth it, but paying 8-10k for an upgrade of 10int and 50 mana (if it's an item that you forsee using for a while).

An idea of your current bankroll that you'd be willing to pour into upgrades would help too.

Sean
posted 01-08-2004 02:27:27 PM
I'm a 12th level Vice President!
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Mod
Pancake
posted 01-08-2004 04:40:25 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived The Gee Spot stammered:
I disagree. Right now her Int is extremly low as is her number of plus mana items.

First goal should be to get your Int to around 220ish so that it's maxed with KEI. Beyond that isn't really worth the price until you get 61+ and the cap goes up, or you just start picking up gear with better Int as you progress.

Next goal is to get +mana gear. HP is important, but i've found that as you get mana gear, you also tend to get decent HP gear at the same time. It's really just a different orientation of getting the same gear.

For getting gear, i'd heavily recomend doing the Thurgadin armor quests if you're capable of killing in the Kael arena. You can also look up the PoGrowth drops which are equivelent to the Thurg quest gear, you just obliterate your Highelf faction doing this.

In either case, if you're buying gear, just try and get a good "bang for the buck" when you're buying new gear. Paying 2k+ for an upgrade of 2 Int and 5 mana really isn't worth it, but paying 8-10k for an upgrade of 10int and 50 mana (if it's an item that you forsee using for a while).

An idea of your current bankroll that you'd be willing to pour into upgrades would help too.

Since as an Enchanter she gets hit more than anyone except for the tank and maximum mana isn't that important in xp situations since you're never FM anyway I'd say HP is a good route to go, especially if she plans to xp in PoP / LdoN.

As for good upgrades try to get a hold of ornate molds, it should be down to reasonable prices in bazaar by now since it drops off BoT minis that are on an 8 hour respawn and relatively easy to kill.

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Nina
posted 01-08-2004 05:18:47 PM
quote:
Shazorx / Modrakien thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Since as an Enchanter she gets hit more than anyone except for the tank and maximum mana isn't that important in xp situations since you're never FM anyway I'd say HP is a good route to go, especially if she plans to xp in PoP / LdoN.

Same thing I wanted to say.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-08-2004 06:48:37 PM
Also keep in mind that you can take my int and add 14, since I always have Brilliance on. Plus I always keep Gift of Magic on, and Clarity (CII Now, whee, got 52 today!) Always, always, always, always, have those three on. And when you're in the middle of a good planes group, you can't go jumping off to get KEI. So I'm not even figuring KEI into the equation yet. Going with my gear and my own mind buffs until I can KEI myself and then I can figure it in.

And yes, as Mod and Nina said, Enchanters get hit a LOT. Someone breaks mez without gaining aggro, or it just wears off, pacify fails, stun fails, root fails, mob is tashed or tash fails, memblur fails to wipe aggro when you've had to mez a roomful of mobs...that's when we get hit

Rune IV will only go so far to save me, and I'd like to be able to take more of a beating than I can right now. But yes, I've noticed that usually when an item has mana, it has HPs. I've been looking for both when I search for gear.

And I don't have much of a bankroll to go on. Maybe about 10k all said, but I'm not against spending some time farming cash somewhere. Do you guys have any suggestions on where I might go?

Mod
Pancake
posted 01-08-2004 06:51:42 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael wrote this stupid crap:
And I don't have much of a bankroll to go on. Maybe about 10k all said, but I'm not against spending some time farming cash somewhere. Do you guys have any suggestions on where I might go?

Sebilis Nec / Guard, should be easy with 3-4 lvl 52ish people.

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-08-2004 07:04:33 PM
That an area in Sebilis? We've been there, although I need to get Meli her key, since I always went with Dorra.

Mod
Pancake
posted 01-08-2004 07:15:35 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael had this to say about Captain Planet:
That an area in Sebilis? We've been there, although I need to get Meli her key, since I always went with Dorra.

It's the area between 4rooms and exit. Scarabs drop a gem (real one, not raw diamonds and other cheap stuff) each time and you can pull 3 of them in addition to the guardian which drops stuff you can sell for a few plat too. It's great xp too.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 01-08-2004 07:46:47 PM
Yeah sometimes Meli practically needs her own healer with some of the morons she gets stuck with in groups. The sorts who break mez before she can fire off a memblur or whatever to ease the aggro.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Zeke
I am a vampire and
posted 01-08-2004 10:00:17 PM
Wow...an antique shop! Hehe sorry, couldn't help it. Anyway I don't play a Chanter so I don't know a whole lot about them but my 33 Mage was looking mostly to increase mana and hp...but he also had max Int from level 6 so that never really occurred. Getting a couple FT items is nice too, I slapped him with an Earring of the Solstice pretty quick among other things.
"Death most resembles a prophet who is without honor in his own land or a poet who is a stranger among his people."
"Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once."
Hime, eien-ni, anata-wo ai-shimasu.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-08-2004 11:18:12 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
Yeah sometimes Meli practically needs her own healer with some of the morons she gets stuck with in groups. The sorts who break mez before she can fire off a memblur or whatever to ease the aggro.

Shamans who dot the adds!!!!

To "Get the mob off the cleric"!!!

When they have a pet up that works just as well!!!!

Three times in the past two days when I was in the group, shammies did that. And it wasn't because I wasn't quick. I have very good reflexes when adds are concerned. Ask Adam. It's because they were being freaking MORONS and obviously they wanted to tank.

So I let them. One got down pretty damn far in health before the tanks could come get the thing. But he didn't dot the adds anymore after that.

Valso
Pancake
posted 01-09-2004 01:41:50 AM
HP is the best thing, when I played my enchanter. Between good hp and bez. strength, I could survive awhile. Throw in 4 stuns, mana taps, c2 and such... I didn't run oom often, and if i did, we all were dead by then anyways.

For tanks that can't taunt a mez'd mob, I would just do 2 stuns while he swung... not that it helps a ton, but worked for me. I can't remember ever having more then 800 or 900hp at level 54.. maybe I did... but with todays game, and temp giving 800+ hp... It is far easier in old world content (non-Pop). In POP now, I noticed my bard gets hit very hard. Thus, I don't know first hand if 1000khp non-buffed hp is a good range, or if that is a little low.

Another thing, use 2 or at least 1 +25cha. Enchanters need charisma a lot I feel. Once I had almost 180-200 charisma, I finally stopped having the same resist issues I once had. As a bard, I have about eh, 80 cha? ... Seems fine for me /shrug.

(Eh.. yeh... I just relooked at your Magelo... ignore charisma comments. You have a lot, easy enough to swap things I am sure to keep that charisma level and still get health up. Also, I don't know completely, but there is suppose to be a place / trap, in ToFS, that you can gain some defense skills... using berz. str and such to keep alive )

[ 01-09-2004: Message edited by: Valso ]

(blank)
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-09-2004 02:42:45 AM
I usually float betewen 174 and 192 cha, depending on which gear I put on, and of course my cha buff.

And yes, I don't care what anyone says. It helps. I've tested by taking gear off, and I definitely got resisted more.

Error
Pancake
posted 01-09-2004 03:37:33 AM

These might cost a few thousand, but they drop in Veksar at the 'Shop' Camp if you want to camp them with a group.

These three came to mind right away. Would have to think about the rest. The only pieces, other than the ones above, that could use immediate upgrading are your wrists(both), Arms, and Head slots.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-09-2004 07:02:42 PM

I notice you can get this in Nadox. How hard is it? How far in would an early to mid 50s level group have to go? Would also have a 62 pally and a 63 cleric who could come along. How difficult would it be to go after this ourselves?

Same question with same group here.

Could you tell me more about this camp? I have never been to Veksar.

Tiolas
Pancake
posted 01-25-2004 04:18:21 AM
bit late in this post but here is a hint Mel

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=877221

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-25-2004 12:42:30 PM
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=575063

I've gotten a couple upgrades, through winning a couple things in LDoNs, and a purchase or two in the Bazaar. Oh, and the PoI group I was with last night let me have those damn sleeves. Finally!

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 01-25-2004 01:27:19 PM
And she's a Baroness now.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-25-2004 01:34:45 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about (_|_):
And she's a Baroness now.

Yeah, I got AA number 6 last night. Got Run 2, Metabolism 1 (I have a horse I'm on quite a bit especially in the Planes), First Aid 1 and Regen 2 for now.

[ 01-25-2004: Message edited by: Lyinar Ka`Bael ]

Jania Arindelil
Is really cute and cuddly... just needs a hug
posted 01-25-2004 01:38:10 PM
You should probably move her over to your main account then, hmm, since she's higher now?

Jania Arindelil
Dragon Guardian, Grandmaster Archer
Very Cranky Person
"I'll torture you so slowly, you'll think it's a career." - Darwin Mayflower
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-25-2004 01:38:44 PM
That means you have to put up with Dorra.

Jania Arindelil
Is really cute and cuddly... just needs a hug
posted 01-25-2004 01:39:06 PM
I can handle it.

Jania Arindelil
Dragon Guardian, Grandmaster Archer
Very Cranky Person
"I'll torture you so slowly, you'll think it's a career." - Darwin Mayflower
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-25-2004 01:41:40 PM
Much better.

Noxhil
Pancake
posted 01-25-2004 09:25:52 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael thought about the meaning of life:
Yeah, I got AA number 6 last night. Got Run 2, Metabolism 1 (I have a horse I'm on quite a bit especially in the Planes), First Aid 1 and Regen 2 for now.

Why did you put AA into Metabolism?

Generally speaking, Runspeed, Regen, and perhaps STA are the only General abilities worth putting points into

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-26-2004 12:32:28 AM
Read what's in parentheses

I spend quite a bit of time on my horse.

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 01-26-2004 05:13:57 AM
quote:
From the book of Lyinar Ka`Bael, chapter 3, verse 16:
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=575063!

Nice. I see you finally got that sleevey love from PoI.

Although, I am getting a glitch where I'm seeing a Batskull earring in your head slot.

I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: