EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: We go hunting
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 01-07-2004 06:07:19 AM
So, here's the deal. We have lost a good member of the community. I mean, an actually good member.

Mortious could leave tomorrow, and we'd shed a tear. Lashanna could be hit by a car, and we might sigh a little. BlackMage could be murdered in his sleep, and we'd all cheer (but secretly feel guilty).

But those aren't genuinely good members. This member I talk about is up there with the ranks of Gydyon, Bajah (before he turned into a feminist) and Katrinity. Dare I say, she might even rank up there with good ol' Jesus.

Of course, you fattened hogs, you realize I speak of Addy. Known by many names, Addy was near and dear to us. But lately, she has forsaken us, leaving us to go off and frolic in a virtual world for cyber booty. It's infuriating.

That's why we're announcing a manhunt. A board-wide effort to get Addy to post just so we know she's alive. You in? Of course you are, rookie. Because you love America.

Now, here's your briefing. This is what we know about Addy:

-She's addicted to FFXI...hopelessly. This is probably where we'd find her. If anyone still has an account, go search her out.
-She may be muddled up with college stuff. I don't know how this fits in, but aren't we proud of her?
-She may be using a different handle.

Rosaline, Sean, Liam, Zaza and others are encouraged to post their information about our quarry here to better aid our hunt.

The winner who brings me Addy alive will recieve forty gold chestnuts. The hunter who brings her dead will recieve twelve chocolate mooseheads.

Good hunting.

nem-x
posted 01-07-2004 06:12:24 AM
Nina
posted 01-07-2004 06:21:09 AM
quote:
Check out the big brain on nem-x!
She's always in FFXI.

Indeed. It's hopeless.

Aaron (the good one)
posted 01-07-2004 06:56:42 AM
I don't love America.
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 01-07-2004 07:39:57 AM
quote:
King Parcelan, I love you.
BlackMage could be murdered in his sleep, and we'd all cheer
quote:
(but secretly feel guilty).

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Lashanna
noob
posted 01-07-2004 07:53:41 AM
She knows where we are.
Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-07-2004 08:13:38 AM
EverCrest is like a puppy.

If you don't pay attention to it, and pet it every few minutes, it'll whine and pee on your upholstery.

bob12121212
Pancake
posted 01-07-2004 09:02:51 AM
quote:
FUCKING IDIOT had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
I don't love America.

Does that mean your Canadian?

Jete D'Paintedtoes
Pint-sized Pursesnatcher
posted 01-07-2004 09:26:46 AM
she'll come back. they always do =/
Jete D'Paintedtoes
Randomly Occurring
the new site
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 01-07-2004 09:28:23 AM
quote:
From the book of Jete D'Paintedtoes, chapter 3, verse 16:

Just like you!

<hands Jete a cookie>

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
bob12121212
Pancake
posted 01-07-2004 09:30:35 AM
quote:
Jete D'Paintedtoes had this to say about Tron:

Yeah, you can't leave it for too long. Evercrest like a car crash, you want to look away but you just can't.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 01-07-2004 09:32:06 AM
<has Secret 'Good' meetings with Bajah and Gydyon to discuss 'Good' Member stuff>
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 01-07-2004 10:44:19 AM
I miss her.
Skaw
posted 01-07-2004 02:09:06 PM
quote:
Nina said this about your mom:
Indeed. It's hopeless.

On the contrary.

Break her video card.

Trust me, it works.

Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 01-07-2004 02:20:12 PM
She's in FFXI pretty much most of the time. When I talk to her (And, for the record, I'm always the one starting it, heh), she just mentions that she just doesn't really care a whole lot about EC (And the ultra cool clique RPcrest) anymore.

She sounds depressed to me, but, eh, that's just what I think and gather.

And she'll kill me for saying this.

I miss her too. Now that I'm all but quitting FFXI, I won't get to talk to her anymore.

Wait, I was Addy's friend, too! Why am I lumped with 'others'? You want me to die, don't you.

[ 01-07-2004: Message edited by: Lenlalron Flameblaster ]

Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 01-07-2004 02:31:19 PM
Obviously she must be hog-tied and dragged back here! ^.^
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 01-07-2004 02:57:00 PM
quote:
Lenlalron Flameblaster had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
She's in FFXI pretty much most of the time. When I talk to her (And, for the record, I'm always the one starting it, heh), she just mentions that she just doesn't really care a whole lot about EC (And the ultra cool clique RPcrest) anymore.

She sounds depressed to me, but, eh, that's just what I think and gather.

And she'll kill me for saying this.

I miss her too. Now that I'm all but quitting FFXI, I won't get to talk to her anymore.

Wait, I was Addy's friend, too! Why am I lumped with 'others'? You want me to die, don't you.

She sounded really depressed in her LJ, and really distant from EC.

Then she stopped using that.

Lashanna
noob
posted 01-07-2004 03:41:35 PM
Eh... I don't mean to sound whiny.

I've tried talking to her when and where I can, but it feels like it's too much effort now, even for a good friend. By effort, I mean it's difficult to engage her in good, meaningful conversation, not that it's hard to contact her... I am worried for her, but, I'm not sure how much I can help.

I know it seems selfish, and it is pretty childish, but I did sort of feel like I got left behind, as I considered her a pretty good friend who I could talk to about a lot of things with I couldn't talk to others, and I felt kinda wounded when she never really said bye or ever talked to me again.

So yeah, I guess I am a bit whiny. I realize it, and I don't like it, I'm trying to overcome it, but it's a bit difficult.

Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 01-07-2004 05:09:33 PM
Pretty much what Rosa said. She decided to stop caring about her friends, and that's her choice. Not going to cling on to a connection she obviously doesn't want.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-07-2004 05:10:53 PM
Oh my, what a fruity bitch.
Holden
French Cocksucker
posted 01-07-2004 05:17:54 PM
I don't really know her but seems kind of stupid to desert your friends and it seems she ditched just for Final Fantasy :\

"America is dumb, it's like a dumb puppy that has big teeth that can bite and hurt you..."
Lazzay
omg mack attack :(
posted 01-07-2004 05:37:39 PM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about Captain Planet:
Oh my, what a fruity bitch.

fruitastic

one two three fo let me see that tootsie roll
Matilda Jane
ph33r my MIRVs
posted 01-07-2004 05:49:32 PM
I hardly know Addy, but whenever I spoke to her ingame she never came across as depressed. She's always joking with me about my rusty buckets and generally acting friendly. She invited me to join her on a few occasions in doing various things.

She does seem annoyed with the EC people to an extent. She left the LS on a few occasions. But I do that myself. I even accused her of copying me and we toyed with that idea jokingly.

You're all obviously evil.

There was a signature here... it's gone now.
Mod
Pancake
posted 01-07-2004 05:58:30 PM
She stopped talking to me too, /shrug, if she wanted contact with EC or people from here she would make it, no need to bug her about it.
Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 01-07-2004 06:13:47 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Terena:
I hardly know Addy, but whenever I spoke to her ingame she never came across as depressed. She's always joking with me about my rusty buckets and generally acting friendly. She invited me to join her on a few occasions in doing various things.

She does seem annoyed with the EC people to an extent. She left the LS on a few occasions. But I do that myself. I even accused her of copying me and we toyed with that idea jokingly.

You're all obviously evil.

It's not that I'm that worried about her being annoyed with EC in general, but the fact that she suddenly dissapeared from the lives of several of us (Me included, since I talked to her quite a bit) suddenly is a bit worrying.

But I'm over it, really, just sad. I can't force people to like others or talk more, and etcedra. They ultimately have to make that choice.

Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 01-07-2004 06:21:37 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Cookies & Cream! wrote:
I don't really know her but seems kind of stupid to desert your friends and it seems she ditched just for Final Fantasy :\

And, while thats your opinion, you can pretty much can it. She didn't "ditch people for FFXI". She left because she honestly wasn't too terribly happy at times here.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here. I know I'm gonna piss some people off with this, too. Oh well.

I talk with Addy near daily. She is, at this point, the happiest I have seen her in the past few years. She is REALLY enjoying herself in Final Fantasy 11. I can understand that alot of her friends here miss her, and want to know that she is ok. I guarantee you, she is. She is happy, like I already said once.

People leave EC all the time. Good people and bad people both. Some we miss, some we don't. Sometimes, these people come back.

But, take my word for it. Addy DIDNT do this maliciously. She did not set out to hurt anyone. She did this because she wanted to be happy.

So, yeah. She may be back one day, she may not be. I don't know. But, I know that trying to force her to come back here when she really doesn't want to would only make things worse -- when she is ready to come back, she will.

This isnt done because she no longer cares for people here. Its simply because she wants to be happy, and not be depressed. And it seems to be working out for her. I just hope that people here can understand and, in a way, be happy that she is again happy as opposed to being depressed.

[ 01-07-2004: Message edited by: Falaanla Marr ]

Lashanna
noob
posted 01-07-2004 06:24:24 PM
I never meant to insinuate that she did any of that on purpose, or maliciously, if I did.

I know she didn't do it to be mean or anything. Addy's a few things, and mean isn't one of them.

That being said, I can't really help how I feel.

Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 01-07-2004 06:27:23 PM
/shrug

I didn't think she left to be malicious. Truth is, I'm not sure why she left. Well, apparently, to be happy. But I still don't think too highly of not even having the decency of saying "good bye" after a few years of friendship, online or not.

That's basically it. Her life is her own.

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 01-07-2004 06:37:32 PM
Well, aight, at least I know she isn't dead.

You told me she got hit by a car, Lash

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 01-07-2004 06:39:19 PM
Zaza uses "whom" too much
Lashanna
noob
posted 01-07-2004 06:42:10 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when King Parcelan said this:
Well, aight, at least I know she isn't dead.

You told me she got hit by a car, Lash

She survived, miraculously.

Minnesotans are quite resistant to blunt trauma.

Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 01-07-2004 06:45:47 PM
quote:
Vorbis's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Zaza uses "whom" too much

His sig is one instance in which 'who' ought to be used..

Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 01-07-2004 06:46:41 PM
quote:
Niklas had this to say about dark elf butts:
His sig is one instance in which 'who' ought to be used..

Wasn't sure about that. It's fixed.

Drysart
Pancake
posted 01-07-2004 07:07:38 PM
Closed on request.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: