EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: wtb ftp server thx
Jete D'Paintedtoes
Pint-sized Pursesnatcher
posted 01-06-2004 12:48:57 AM
anyone know where I could get some reliable webspace for cheap? ive finally given up on my craptastic school space (40 mb yaaaay) and I really need to find something.

I really have no idea how to go about this, so if anyone could help me out I would love you forever!

Jete D'Paintedtoes
Randomly Occurring
the new site
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 01-06-2004 12:50:06 AM
Ask blindy, or burger, or.. other people..
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 01-06-2004 05:28:14 AM
Blindy, Burger, Me, and I think Zaza (dunno, Za just moved to a new server recently) have space available for random things to be hosted... just PM one of us and I'm sure we can set you up....
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Jete D'Paintedtoes
Pint-sized Pursesnatcher
posted 01-06-2004 12:23:49 PM
I wish it was just random crap, unfortunately I need to host stuff like video as well so im looking for a space thats in the range of a gig, if I can get it....

right now im using my friends FTP server which has plenty of room, but only certain people can view its contents, which wont work =/

Jete D'Paintedtoes
Randomly Occurring
the new site
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 01-06-2004 01:10:37 PM
quote:
Jete D'Paintedtoes had this to say about Captain Planet:
I wish it was just random crap, unfortunately I need to host stuff like video as well so im looking for a space thats in the range of a gig, if I can get it....

right now im using my friends FTP server which has plenty of room, but only certain people can view its contents, which wont work =/

I've got a 20gb HD right now being abused for webspace, about 10gb is free, and I'm on the end of a multi-T1 link... send me a PM with your requirements and I think we can set something up.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 01-06-2004 01:12:51 PM
is it pr0n?
On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Masamune
Pancake
posted 01-06-2004 01:16:23 PM
There is nothing you can get at that size cheap, unless you know the server's owner...
"Because ten billion years' time is so fragile, so ephemeral...
it arouses such a bittersweet, almost heartbreaking fondness." ~ Now and Then, Here and There

"If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh." ~ Magus

Bloodrose
Pancake
posted 01-06-2004 03:14:58 PM
quote:
Jete D'Paintedtoes had this to say about Captain Planet:

As long as you dont need to rely on their support staff splicehost.com is pretty cheap for what they offer. I have one site on there right now. If you need some of the more advanced filesystem functionality however, they will not work, but for basic dynamic stuffs, as well as standard content serving, its the cheapest I have found.

~That which yields, is not always weak~
Jete D'Paintedtoes
Pint-sized Pursesnatcher
posted 01-06-2004 03:26:46 PM
no, its not pr0n =p
Jete D'Paintedtoes
Randomly Occurring
the new site
Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 01-06-2004 03:28:40 PM
quote:
Jete D'Paintedtoes attempted to be funny by writing:
no, its not pr0n =p

On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Maradon!
posted 01-06-2004 03:54:09 PM
Oh! So you're going to just leave forever then one day waltz back in here and expect us to help you with web hosting!

Well NO DEAL missy! If you want us to help YOU you'll have to be a dependable part of this community.

Mog
not really a mmembe rof tis boered
posted 01-06-2004 05:10:45 PM
come back! =(

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
- Self Rreliance
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: