EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Screw Ragnarok Online, everyone knows this is the cool game to play
Aaron (the good one)
posted 01-05-2004 08:59:58 PM

[ 01-05-2004: Message edited by: FUCKING IDIOT ]

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Willias
Pancake
posted 01-05-2004 09:02:21 PM
Up until the point that they made it to where you can buy items with cash and everyone has gold armor.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 01-05-2004 09:02:21 PM
That game sucks. It has less to do with skill and more with how powerful your gear is.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
nem-x
posted 01-05-2004 09:06:22 PM
quote:
El Imán Grande! had this to say about John Romero:
That game sucks. It has less to do with skill and more with how powerful your gear is.

I don't think so.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 01-05-2004 09:17:09 PM
quote:
From the book of nem-x, chapter 3, verse 16:
I don't think so.

Oh, I think so.

How would you like playing a game of Worms where your opponent did 50% more damage than you?

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Willias
Pancake
posted 01-05-2004 09:21:16 PM
Play on the no item upgrade servers then. You still get the looks from your gear, just not stat increases.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 01-05-2004 09:22:49 PM
Ah, that's new.
Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 01-05-2004 09:24:07 PM
quote:
El Imán Grande! got a good feeling!
Oh, I think so.

How would you like playing a game of Worms where your opponent did 50% more damage than you?

If they can't hit you, or only get glancing blows, you're still going to do more damage than them even if they do have 50 swords or whatnot.

The only thing I really ever had going for me in that game was my extreme delay skillz (and occasional shots that were so lucky that, to quote Nina, it seemed like "OMG aimbot!"). I had my delay gear, but I also knew how to use the delay thing in that game to good effect. On the other hand, I was only an average player (well, I averaged out - some games I did OK, some games I pwned the other team, some games I pwned my own team) so I still lost my fair share. So yeh.

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 01-05-2004 09:50:27 PM
Skill matters a lot, but still, if you have no gear and a pinch more skill than someone with uber gear, you're fucked.
Dr Cysa
Angsty Mcangst
posted 01-05-2004 09:52:55 PM
problem was skill didn't matter as much as it should, and the damn n00bs always were playing it cheap with the damn grub.
I don't discriminate...I hate everyone.
Ruvie's Alt
Haven't you always wanted a monkey?
posted 01-05-2004 09:56:27 PM
quote:
El Imán Grande!-chucks, yo!

Sounds like they learned how to make games from SOE.

PWNNNNEEEEDDDD!!!!

Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 01-05-2004 10:01:34 PM
quote:
Cysa The Clown painfully thought these words up:
problem was skill didn't matter as much as it should, and the damn n00bs always were playing it cheap with the damn grub.

Grub does like 2 damage, deal with it.

Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 01-05-2004 10:22:10 PM
Seriously, guys, they opened a ton of servers, one of them is no avatar powers. It's really cool.
Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 01-06-2004 12:13:26 AM
They always, always had a no avatar server. When the game started, there were two servers, and this was one of them. They do have like 8 servers now, though.

On the no avatar server, you still get gold, and you still buy equipment. It just doesn't do anything other than modify your appearance.

"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Freschel Spindrift
Caucasian
posted 01-06-2004 12:17:44 AM
Ok I'm stupid, what game are we talking about?
Who's that crazy kook that's destroying the world. It's Zorc (That's me) It's Zorc and Pals.
Bakura: Did you forget our anniversary, again? (laughter)
Zorc: Yes, I was busy destroying the world (laughter) Slaughtering millions. (Laughter)
Bakura: That's my Zorc.
The blood of the innocents will flow without end. His name is Zorc, and he's destroying the world.
Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 01-06-2004 12:49:49 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Freschel Spindrift wrote:
Ok I'm stupid, what game are we talking about?

Gunbound.

Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 01-06-2004 02:50:07 AM
Batty kicked my butt so badly in that game once.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 01-06-2004 09:37:47 PM
Someone play against me! Like now?
Aaron (the good one)
posted 01-06-2004 09:41:07 PM
I just got finished owning people with the electric tank...then someone with that stupid mammoth double bunged me and my parter. He got 700 gold for it.
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 01-06-2004 09:41:34 PM
quote:
FUCKING IDIOT thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
I just got finished owning people with the electric tank...then someone with that stupid mammoth double bunged me and my parter. He got 700 gold for it.

What's your name. I'm DrGains.

Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 01-06-2004 09:58:13 PM
Melee turtle owns you so bad.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: