EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: A question for the college peeps out there...
Demos
Pancake
posted 01-04-2004 11:05:38 PM
I think I've asked before, but who is currently attending a college/university? Where at, what major, etc. So those of us applying know which to avoid-...er, to ask questions about.
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 01-04-2004 11:08:09 PM
Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, Arizona.

Not really a high objective on most peoples' college list.

Aaron (the good one)
posted 01-04-2004 11:10:21 PM
St.Clair College in Windsor Ontario

Computer Programming

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
diadem
eet bugz
posted 01-04-2004 11:23:39 PM
Recent graduate from University of Hartford. Still have a few friends in college, but with one exception, they are all graduating soon.

Computer science. Advice for my college - If for some bizarre reason you take CS at UHA... take Discrete Math II. It fulfills a CS requirement, is writing intensive so fills an English requirement (sorta), and should give you just enough extra math credits to take a minor in math.

[ 01-04-2004: Message edited by: diadem ]

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Goma
Pancake
posted 01-04-2004 11:25:48 PM
Memorial University of Newfoundland.

Engineering (Im either going to choose mechanical or electrical, I haven't decided yet)

[ 01-04-2004: Message edited by: Gomateux ]

Razor
posted 01-05-2004 12:22:12 AM
At Grossmont Community College as a Physics Major, transfering to SDSU in fall as an Astronomy Major with a forced minor in Math, and I may add Nuclear Physics if I feel motivated enough.
Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent

can you please fix my title
posted 01-05-2004 01:51:06 AM
University of south Florida...Criminology... been a while for me

I was big in the student Government but kinda wish I had joined some frat...at the time I thought they were a waste of time, but many I know got jobs becuse of the good 'ol boy network.

Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 01-05-2004 01:53:39 AM
Frats are an interesting subject. On the one hand, there's lots of sociality and poontang, and there can be benefits later in life, plus it's cool to say "I'm a part of Tappa Tappa Keg" or whatever.

On the other, you're essentially paying to have friends, which is not too cool.

I'm iffy on the subject. Aury is yiffy on the subject.

Burger
BANNED!
posted 01-05-2004 01:55:47 AM
quote:
Gomateux painfully thought these words up:
Memorial University of Newfoundland.

Engineering (Im either going to choose mechanical or electrical, I haven't decided yet)

hey, have you heard anything about Professor Niefer? (or had a class with him?) And if so, was it something good or bad?

Incidentally, I'm at the University of Windsor, for Computer Science.

Bite me.

No, Really. Bite me.

can you please fix my title
posted 01-05-2004 07:55:03 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when King Parcelan wrote:
Frats are an interesting subject. On the one hand, there's lots of sociality and poontang, and there can be benefits later in life, plus it's cool to say "I'm a part of Tappa Tappa Keg" or whatever.

On the other, you're essentially paying to have friends, which is not too cool.

I'm iffy on the subject. Aury is yiffy on the subject.

/nod

at USF which is far and away far from Ivy league college I was really (so what) in my attitude toward them. Still looking back I think I made a error. I missed out on a large part of the college experience.

Student Government was fun though. I was paid for my time which is always nice, and I got to set some policies and help write a few grants that led to the building to a new student center which I also helped design/plan (commite of 5) SG is kinda geeky though.

Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 01-05-2004 09:37:55 AM
Im curently going to Lower Columbia College in longview washington, no major
(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Malbi
posted 01-05-2004 01:09:58 PM
State University of West Georgia Biology Major
I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
Mod
Pancake
posted 01-05-2004 01:49:30 PM
Techical University of Vienna, Software & Information Engineering.
Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 01-05-2004 02:31:13 PM
Northwestern University, Bio-Medical Engineering
Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 01-05-2004 02:40:41 PM
Georgian College, in Barrie, Ontario

Hotel and Resort Admin.

In September, I'm switching to Psychology at Laurentian University (tentatively)

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 01-05-2004 02:43:16 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when FUCKING IDIOT wrote:
St.Clair College in Windsor Ontario

Architectural Technology

Jete D'Paintedtoes
Pint-sized Pursesnatcher
posted 01-05-2004 03:57:50 PM
Emerson college, boston MA

New Media

Jete D'Paintedtoes
Randomly Occurring
the new site
Demos
Pancake
posted 01-05-2004 06:41:18 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Lenlalron Flameblaster was all like:
Northwestern University, Bio-Medical Engineering

In Illinois?

"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Ares
posted 01-05-2004 06:43:48 PM
Sheridan College and Insitute of Art. > Uh.. Art.

Next year.... I'm applying to Ontario College of Art and Design and Sheridan for Illustration.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: