EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I need some help seriously.
Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 12-23-2003 09:49:25 PM
Let me set up the problem, I have a long distance relationship with my g/f, Robyn. I live about a 160 miles from her but we've been dating for more then 4 years and I love her with all my heart as she loves me the same. My best friend, Mike, who we are so close that we call each other brothers, lives maybe half the distance to my girlfriend, and we 3 always get along.

Problem: Last thursday, my best friend vistied my g/f, but she was at work, and when she got home, she found a note from Mike confessing his love for here, and "Would give up everything" for her cause he says that she makes him feel complete. I had gone to spend the weekend wither her and had arrived at her house on thursday as well. Mike had called and wanted to meet my G/f at the pool hall alone, but refused when he found out I was there, and has called several times for Robyn. Me and Robyn spent all weekend talking how we should handle this, but we just don't know, any sugestions?

[ 12-23-2003: Message edited by: Death of Rats ]

A particularly crafty sea lion is befuddling the Army Corps of Engineers, who have come to believe the 1,000-pound mammal is either from hell -- or from Harvard.
Sean
posted 12-23-2003 09:53:19 PM
Engage him in a duel to the death. With swords.
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 12-23-2003 09:54:26 PM
First and foremost, your girlfriend needs to decide how she feels about the friend. If she is all "No thanks.. I am really happy where I am right now and don't want to risk losing what I have.." then she needs to make sure you and your friend know. She has to be perfectly clear to him that he has no chance. If she isn't.. then he'll take any sign of friendship as an open window to make an advance.

As for you.. do you value your friendship enough to work through this? I wouldn't go beat the crap out of him or anything, but I would definitely let him know that what he has done so far is really uncool.

Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 12-23-2003 09:55:11 PM
But he isn't a vampire.

Not to mention he collects swords guns and is probably better in use with them then me.

A particularly crafty sea lion is befuddling the Army Corps of Engineers, who have come to believe the 1,000-pound mammal is either from hell -- or from Harvard.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-23-2003 09:56:59 PM
Be direct. Be forward. Otherwise, he'll never get the message.
Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 12-23-2003 09:59:26 PM
first reaction: Well theres always a 3some.

second reaction: no wait, that could get bad ummm... kick him in the nuts and run

third reaction: No, that could end bad too. Umm.... GO Mr. Squeakers!! *tosses his hamster at your eyes*

Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 12-23-2003 10:00:04 PM
quote:
Jajahotep impressed everyone with:
First and foremost, your girlfriend needs to decide how she feels about the friend. If she is all "No thanks.. I am really happy where I am right now and don't want to risk losing what I have.." then she needs to make sure you and your friend know. She has to be perfectly clear to him that he has no chance. If she isn't.. then he'll take any sign of friendship as an open window to make an advance.

As for you.. do you value your friendship enough to work through this? I wouldn't go beat the crap out of him or anything, but I would definitely let him know that what he has done so far is really uncool.

I already asked her that, though I knew what the answer would be, and she did say that she would pick me and would always pick me, she consides him a good friends, they alot alike in personality, though she has never seen him more then a friends, and was completly taken by suprise by this.

As for me, I don't know. I don't know if I can trust him after this. I'm pretty sure this is going to ruin our friendship. I've seen him fall in love with alot of other girls and he tense to be a mess about it, and I think he may try to stick with this in hopes to get her from me.

Parce: I got the note from robyn that Mike gave her and wrote on it, "I need to talk to you NOW in person" and signed it by me and left it on his door, but he still hasn't contacted me. He's going to shy away from me, and he won't get the message, the bastard gone be a stubborn narrow sited fool sometimes.

[ 12-23-2003: Message edited by: Death of Rats ]

Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 12-23-2003 10:04:26 PM
quote:
Death of Rats had this to say about John Romero:
I already asked her that, though I knew what the answer would be, and she did say that she would pick me and would always pick me, she consides him a good friends, they alot alike in personality, though she has never seen him more then a friends, and was completly taken by suprise by this.

As for me, I don't know. I don't know if I can trust him after this. I'm pretty sure this is going to ruin our friendship. I've seen him fall in love with alot of other girls and he tense to be a mess about it, and I think he may try to stick with this in hopes to get her from me.

Okay.. so she needs to let him know flat out he has no chance.

And it's understandable that things are going to be extremely weird between you all. Perhaps you guys should take a break from each other then

Mod
Pancake
posted 12-23-2003 10:08:02 PM
Put him on fire. Then her, just to be sure.
Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 12-23-2003 10:12:47 PM
Tell him to back off. He needs to come back when he gets control of his hormones again. Hook him up with your g/f's sister if she has one old enough. Or just hook him up with someone.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Canadian Mountee
Rumble Pak+FMV Sequence=FUN!
posted 12-23-2003 10:16:21 PM
Decapitation of all parties involved is the only solution.
The World is Yours
Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 12-23-2003 10:41:18 PM
quote:
Canadian Mountee's account was hax0red to write:
Decapitation of all parties involved is the only solution.

That's always the answer.

Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.

can you please fix my title
posted 12-23-2003 11:01:58 PM
Love makes fools of us all. I should know I a bigger fool than most.

Any way if Mike has been your long time best freind and your GF clearly is only interested in you, I wouldnt worry about it. be understanding after all your GF is a wonderful person no reason some ohter guy might not also realize that.

Tell mike you are disapointed in him but you wont let a woman ruin your friendship. Let him know this is a boundry that he will jsut have to get used to not crossing, maybe robin has a freind or somthing.. give hi some space and in time things should work out.

Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
FALLEN
Pancake
posted 12-23-2003 11:02:38 PM
ok so yea im mike the bastard that ran and hid acording to him but just for the record it take 2 to tango and im never one to back down from a fight she picked him so thats the way it will be but the way things were between us i.e mike and robyn well put me in a since to say what i was feeling and if brian did read the note he would see that i even said on the second line or so yea im an asshole for doing this but i have to tell it like it is and i didnt call 7 time i called 3 over 3 days i have respect for them both thats why i went to her first about it to see where things lie before i went to go farther
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 12-23-2003 11:11:22 PM
Speaking from experience, I've seen this situation ruin several friendships. Friendships that you'd never think would go south. It doesn't happen every time, but in all likelyhood, it will.

Your girlfriend should be firm and clear in saying to him that she has eyes only for you. She shouldn't say, "Oh, but if I ever break up with him, I'll give you a call," or even, "but we can still hang out if you want." That just gives him false hope, and doesn't resolve his feelings for her. In fact, he'll probably just pine for her (and the fjords!) more.

Her best move, since she has chosen you, is to cut him off completely. No more visits alone, no friendly dinner and movie nights alone, nothing. You should, however, invite him to things which the three of you normally do. Chances are that after this, he'll decline nine times out of ten, and with enough time, you won't even bother to ask him.

Will this kill your friendship? Probably. And that sucks. But that's not your fault; he took a chance and tried to steal your girl, and now he'll reap what he has sown.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Willias
Pancake
posted 12-23-2003 11:15:05 PM
Dear FALLEN,

Please look at this.

Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 12-23-2003 11:15:24 PM
You called 6 times over 2 days, and then at least3 times over the weekend. First off, I called you bastard not to insult you Mike. I still want you as a friend, but you still have to admit this is fucked up. And I did read it, and you did say that, but, you went on alot that you wanted her. You should know how feel about each other and leaving a note and what you said wasn't the coolest of things.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-23-2003 11:29:38 PM
Come on, guys, don't bring your petty little problems onto our boards.
Captain Hagrid Starcrust III
Pancake
posted 12-23-2003 11:35:16 PM
FLING SMIIME!!! FUX WAKKA!!! FUKC WAKKA!!!
Tally of foods I haven't fucked up:
  • Grilled Cheese
  • Home Fries
  • Tuna Salad Sandwich
  • Hard boiled egg
    Live Journaley Goodness
  • FALLEN
    Pancake
    posted 12-24-2003 12:30:26 AM
    how do you call some one a bastard not to insult them? no really i want to know how
    Death of Rats
    Pancake
    posted 12-24-2003 01:09:28 AM
    Like we've been doing since high school.
    KaLourin
    Illanae's Stooge!
    posted 12-24-2003 01:09:39 AM
    quote:
    Chief Durkin was naked while typing this:

yea, what he said!

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
    Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
    Sentow, Maybe
    Pancake
    posted 12-24-2003 01:14:36 AM
    quote:
    How.... Chief Durkin.... uughhhhhh:

I'M IMMORTALIZED!

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
    Liam
    Swims in Erotic Circles
    posted 12-24-2003 01:16:01 AM
    quote:
    And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Sentow, Maybe was all like:
    I'M IMMORTALIZED!

Your new title is way cooler.

Gork
    Pancake
    posted 12-24-2003 01:40:48 AM
    Fallen, If all he did was call you a bastard... you got off easy, I'd have caused you bodily harm. Don't mess around with other peoples women, don't even think it.

DoR: If you wanna continue a friendship that would be pretty big of you. You AND your girl need to figure that one out though.

Another Unsolved Mystery is goin' down in history.
    Gunslinger Moogle
    No longer a gimmick
    posted 12-24-2003 01:48:47 AM
    quote:
    This insanity brought to you by FALLEN:
    ok so yea im mike the bastard that ran and hid acording to him but just for the record it take 2 to tango and im never one to back down from a fight she picked him so thats the way it will be but the way things were between us i.e mike and robyn well put me in a since to say what i was feeling and if brian did read the note he would see that i even said on the second line or so yea im an asshole for doing this but i have to tell it like it is and i didnt call 7 time i called 3 over 3 days i have respect for them both thats why i went to her first about it to see where things lie before i went to go farther

I can understand Mog, but I can't understand you, FALLEN. I think it's because Mog for the most part has coherent grammar and thought, just pretty bad spelling, while you have...a spelling...of sorts.

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
    The fastest draw in the Crest.
    "The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
    "Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Lyinar Ka`Bael
    Are you looking at my pine tree again?
    posted 12-24-2003 02:58:07 AM
    Fallen, what you did wasn't cool at all. You don't try to steal someone else's girl. That's just not a line you cross.

As for the situation, DoR, your girl needs to make it clear your friend has no chance and that you're the one she wants. She doesn't have to completely cut him off. I've been in this situation before myself, and it was sticky for a while, but he's one of my best friends and has been for many years now. So if it was a good, solid friendship before, and it's not something she wants to have to give up, then she doesn't have to. But she has to make it clear it will never happen. She has to be firm.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

CBTao
    Pancake
    posted 12-24-2003 06:28:56 AM
    theres a far simplier solution to this.

I assume "FALLEN" is the betrayer in question.

1. it boils down to this FALLEN, is your friendship worth more than the girl? There is no justification, explination, no speaking, the only answer to this is Yes or No, failure to answer in anything else, results in a default no.

2. Death of Rats: looks like Robyn is sticking to you regardless of his feelings, take a moment and consider yourself lucky this didn't turn into apeshit crazy drama. Then, based on mike's answer, either A. Accept his apology (if he says the friendship is worth more), or B. Never so much as speak to him again (Personally I'd kick the 8th level of shit out of him for a solid day straight, but then, I'm able to do such things, I dunno how you are with violence)

Densetsu
    NOT DRYSART
    posted 12-24-2003 08:40:55 PM
    This thread makes me miss having a girlfriend.

Everything I would say, has been said. Booya! I'm off the hook!

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piƱa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
    friendofrates
    Pancake
    posted 01-04-2004 05:44:01 PM
    hey death to rats whats going on why the fight with mike is he trying to take your girl friend cuse its not that hard come on you should of had some idea about what was going on shit mike shouldnt have been messing with your girl but she must of liked it not to say anything about it and you still want to be friends with mike why i would have kiked his ass if i know all this shit was happening and looked for a new girl friend but can say you should have known oh by the way this is your god jesus

[ 01-04-2004: Message edited by: YULE LOG ]

shut up
    Skaw
    posted 01-04-2004 05:45:25 PM
    Friendofb&
    Azizza
    VANDERSHANKED
    posted 01-04-2004 05:58:53 PM
    Good God the stupidity in this thread is almost beyond comprehension.
    And I am of course refering to Fallen and the other noob.

DoR any person who would do this is not your friend, and any attempt to keep the "friendship" is just asking for trouble down the road.

"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
    friendofrates
    Pancake
    posted 01-04-2004 06:00:16 PM
    friend of your mom
    shut up
    Ares
    posted 01-04-2004 06:02:07 PM
    Why do I want to rip my eyes out after reading some of these non-coherant posts...

Death to Rats > Obviously youyr girlfriend has choosen you. Now what you need to do is sit down and talk amongst the three of you on how to settle this situation. Name calling, yelling and arguing HAS to be left out of it if you want a conclusion that doesn't involve the slamming of doors.

Consider yourself lucky. I know of a few people in which they went with the "other guy".

Tatsukaze
    wants Kloie's mom OH SO BAD
    posted 01-04-2004 06:06:34 PM
    quote:
    friendofrates had this to say about the Spice Girls:
    friend of your mom

OH MY GOD HE'S SO CLEVER!!!111

Ozimander
    $$$$$$$$$$$
    posted 01-04-2004 06:06:41 PM
    Haha...alright, get your shit off to EverCrest. Go. Pack it up. We have enough drama among those that post here regularly so...just wrap it all up and don't let the digitized door hit you on the ass on your way out!
    Mog
    not really a mmembe rof tis boered
    posted 01-04-2004 06:07:19 PM
    first post is a rez?, and wiht worse gramer then fallen, and with rl shit noone wants ont eh board

i haevnt seen a n00b wiht htis many stirkes agaisnt him since dantex

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
    - Self Rreliance
    Holden
    French Cocksucker
    posted 01-04-2004 06:07:39 PM
    Hahaha, I laughed hard at his posts..

"America is dumb, it's like a dumb puppy that has big teeth that can bite and hurt you..."
    Khyron
    Hello, my mushy friend...
    posted 01-04-2004 06:11:06 PM
    Now, see, I personally think that person... Mike, or whoever, ought to just have his balls chopped off immediately for such horrible typing. I mean, god, Mike, what are you, in third grade or something?

As for the whole problem, I say it's up to the girl. If she picks DoR, tell mike to fuck off and die. If she picks Mike, then DoR should go play in traffic. And if she's not sure, then she should become a nun and bitchslap both of them with a huge ass ruler.

Mog
    not really a mmembe rof tis boered
    posted 01-04-2004 06:13:24 PM
    quote:
    Khyron had this to say about Robocop:
    become a nun and bitchslap both of them with a huge ass ruler.

kinky

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
    - Self Rreliance
    All times are US/Eastern
    Hop To: