EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Christmas shopping
Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 12-20-2003 03:05:23 PM
Are you done yet? Eh? EH?!

I'm not I need to get one more thing for my mom, and I'd like to get something else for my grandma. I also ought to get something for my other grandma's husband, but I really don't know much about the man except that he's from Texas and he likes the Cowboys.

Just to add insult to injury, my secret santa present may not make it until after Christmas. So if you haven't gotten anything by the big day, don't fret! It's on its way, honest

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 12-20-2003 03:10:43 PM
Get your Texan Step-Grandpa some mega-hot chili. Or a young concubine.

Those both go over well in Texas.

Ares
posted 12-20-2003 03:11:10 PM
Mightion Defensor
posted 12-20-2003 03:15:04 PM
Let's see... I still have to get something for:

1. My mother - I can't find a decent wireless keyboard for her in the stores...
2. My sister-in-law - that's easy, she just wants a Shania Twain DVD...
3. My father - A mall gift certificate should be good for him. It's one of the things he asked for, too...

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 12-20-2003 03:18:48 PM
Oh yeah, speaking of Secret Santa, Azymyth = RAWK. I can't wait to read the book =D
Couldn't edit first post, d'oh.
Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Ace in the Spade
Pancake
posted 12-20-2003 05:00:01 PM
Lets see:
Me: Currently collecting funds before I go and buy a Confrontation warband to paint ^_^
Dog: Gift certificate to the pet store.
Dad: Money. $20 I think shall be fine.
Mother: Some wonder blender/grill/thing? from Walgreens
Sister: Not sure, she's going to India right after Christmas so maybe I'll get her a few figurines or something. Do they make chibi-plush Kali and Shiva figures?
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.
Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 12-20-2003 05:01:42 PM
I didn't buy a thing for anyone this year. Same as last year. And the year before. And the year before that...so yeah, I think I've been done buying stuff for awhile now. ^_^
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 12-20-2003 05:03:13 PM
nope... donno what to get people. That and.. I'm more then likely spending christmas alone.. *shrugs*
Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 12-20-2003 05:05:25 PM
I am too poor to buy things for people.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-20-2003 05:06:44 PM
I bought all my Christmas gifts in early November. I hate having to rush at the last moment.

Still have to wrap them, though, so I guess that defeated the object of getting them early.

Bloodcookie
Pancake
posted 12-20-2003 05:11:03 PM
Yeah, I'm done. It's a pretty easy task for me; I don't have any siblings, so I just shop for my parents.

""...destructive analysis of the familiar is the only method of approach to an understanding of fundamentally different modes of expression." -Edward Sapir, Language
Lazzay
omg mack attack :(
posted 12-20-2003 05:17:36 PM
I just need to get the Exopat silicone baking sheet for my stepmom, a chocolate thing for my brother's girlfriend, and to throw a bunch of pictures together and write a letter for my grandma. Three out of sixteen isn't bad.
one two three fo let me see that tootsie roll
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 12-20-2003 08:22:25 PM
Just finished today. All I have left are some lottery tickets for my Mom and Dad (scratch off and pull tab stuff, they love em) that I'll pick up on Christmas Eve when I get my next check.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

&nbsp;
can you please fix my title
posted 12-20-2003 08:24:32 PM
We got grandma some bath towels and bath mats, and a really nice Bathrobe with some gift certificates to local resturants in the pockets.
Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 12-20-2003 08:27:58 PM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about Punky Brewster:
I bought all my Christmas gifts in early November. I hate having to rush at the last moment.

All of mine are wrapped as of last night.

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 12-20-2003 08:28:01 PM
I'm giving my parents and sister cash. (Yes, out of 5 siblings, I'm only getting something for one of them.)

Why cash? Well, I admit that it's a lame gift, but they don't have any room for more stuff in that place, and money's what they really need. So, cash it is.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Zeke
I am a vampire and
posted 12-20-2003 08:38:58 PM
Well unless I can come up with another $1000 within four days, I'm done. Of course if you'd like you can donate to the purchase of what I posted earlier, this.
"Death most resembles a prophet who is without honor in his own land or a poet who is a stranger among his people."
"Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once."
Hime, eien-ni, anata-wo ai-shimasu.
Agent A
Underpowered on Purpose
posted 12-21-2003 12:07:54 PM
I have 2 more people to shop for, then I'm done. I did a majority of the shopping last night though.
"How do you all feel about beastiality with taxidermy? It seems like most people aren't very down with it, in fact, alot of people are only medium down with it. But if you only get to second base, where's the harm, right?"
- Melora Creager
Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 12-21-2003 12:15:56 PM
Got two more people to shop for (brother: "I hate you all" t shirt, father: megatons of chocolate almond bark and a promise I won't eat any of it). Making mom's gift (a painting). OTher than that, I've got no one and no money, so eh.

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 12-21-2003 01:05:18 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Just finished today. All I have left are some lottery tickets for my Mom and Dad (scratch off and pull tab stuff, they love em) that I'll pick up on Christmas Eve when I get my next check.

You are a GENIUS.

Yay for giving me the last thing for people's stockings!

*hug*

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: