EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: digital downl... what?
Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 12-08-2003 11:55:54 PM
Okay, I went ahead and resubscribed to EQ, but I don't know if I'll still be interested in two months, so I'm skittish about buying the expansions I've missed. However, I was thinking about getting Legacy of Ykesha anyway, in case the desire to play a Froglok becomes overwhelming.
And it's getting there.

But.

I suspect that my parents are buying a new computer for me as a Christmas present, to replace the artifact sitting in my bedroom (we've used all the expansion ports or whatever, and it's still horribly obsolete ), and if they do, I'll move EQ there. EQ is currently on the "family computer." So my question is thus. If I bought and d'led LoY to this comp, would I have to buy it again to put it on my phantom computer, even though I'd be using the same account?

EDIT: I read the faq at station.com. That's what confused me so bad.

[ 12-08-2003: Message edited by: Sentow, Maybe ]

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Sean
posted 12-08-2003 11:58:25 PM
No, you wouldn't have to.

The expansion itself is free to download, you're only paying for the CD key used to enable it for that account.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Valso
Pancake
posted 12-09-2003 12:42:45 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived Sean stammered:
No, you wouldn't have to.

The expansion itself is free to download, you're only paying for the CD key used to enable it for that account.

What Sean said.
Also, if you ignore the Frog desire, LDoN seems a better choice once your level 20. I know I plan to pick it up if I resubscribe over xmas break... and once I hit level 20.

(blank)
Bummey the Fool
Prefers to play with men
posted 12-09-2003 12:46:35 AM
Fuck LoY, get LDoN.
BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 12-09-2003 07:41:38 AM
quote:
Bummey the Savage had this to say about Captain Planet:
Fuck LoY, get LDoN.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 12-09-2003 08:14:57 AM
LDoN is not required to level... (just look at me, I got 46 in a month without it)

However I am under the impression that it makes it much easier to do so. Much of my old stomping grounds have seen a drastic drop in population - it's common for there to be only one or two groups going in OT at a time, for example. In some cases, though, it's a good thing. DL is less popular but there are still a good number of people there... whereas before, on my old server at least, there was a problem of overcrowding in both DL and OT... I like things better the way they are now.

You're probably gonna cry if you don't have Luclin, though. Everybody and their mama goes to Paludal Caverns to get 15ish-25 now.

[ 12-09-2003: Message edited by: Monica ]

Toktuk
Pooh Ogre
Keeper of the Shoulders of Peachis Perching
posted 12-09-2003 09:06:01 AM
quote:
So quoth Monica:
LDoN is not required to level... (just look at me, I got 46 in a month without it)

You're going to pass me soon, too.

But I guess that's a right of passage if you play on Tunare.

-Tok

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 12-09-2003 03:20:24 PM
LoY's map feature is invaluable, you twits!
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piƱa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Monica
posted 12-09-2003 05:14:46 PM
quote:
Toktuk said this about your mom:
You're going to pass me soon, too.

But I guess that's a right of passage if you play on Tunare.

-Tok

M'eh. I want to get her to 52 for Naggy/Vox raids, until I catch up my Shadow Knight. Helped take out Vox last night and she is apparently alot more tank-friendly so I figure I'll just use the SK, soon as she's high enough.

Though ironically, I was talking to a friend in tells about her and when she got to 8% I said, "die bish die" to him. Then *I* died. Damn AEs.

Espio Idsavant
You have gotten better at Being a Lush! (200)
posted 12-09-2003 05:19:08 PM
quote:
Hungry Densetsu had this to say about Reading Rainbow:

Dont forget doubled bank space and armor dyes
And you can still be free, If time will set you free
And going higher than the mountain tops
And go high like the wind don't stop...

[ My gooberish Live Journal thingy ]

Nina
posted 12-09-2003 05:28:57 PM
quote:
Hungry Densetsu stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:

Not if you have better. ^_^

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 12-09-2003 08:17:24 PM
quote:
From the book of Bummey the Savage, chapter 3, verse 16:
Fuck LoY, get LDoN.

but but... maps =

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 12-09-2003 11:26:44 PM
Okay thanks for the information Heeeey, PoP is only 10 bucks on download...

Anyway, I'll probably switch to WoW when it comes out. So by the time I quit, I'll have a couple of level 65s

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Bummey the Fool
Prefers to play with men
posted 12-09-2003 11:46:23 PM
quote:
Hungry Densetsu painfully thought these words up:

quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Espio Idsavant wrote:
Dont forget doubled bank space and armor dyes

YOU DO NOT NEED LOY TO HAVE THESE FEATURES.

So fuck LoY. That was the worst thing the earth has spawned since Adolf Hitler.

Toktuk
Pooh Ogre
Keeper of the Shoulders of Peachis Perching
posted 12-09-2003 11:56:33 PM
quote:
Monica said this about your mom:
M'eh. I want to get her to 52 for Naggy/Vox raids, until I catch up my Shadow Knight. Helped take out Vox last night and she is apparently alot more tank-friendly so I figure I'll just use the SK, soon as she's high enough.

Though ironically, I was talking to a friend in tells about her and when she got to 8% I said, "die bish die" to him. Then *I* died. Damn AEs.

I've been to one Vox raid on Tunare. We had no deaths and I considered that to be a sign that I should never bother again.

Did Pesco talk you into joining Phoenix Alliance yet? Because, you should really join...

-Tok

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 12-10-2003 12:15:05 AM
Apparently all my old guildies (who I think are the biggest reason I played Sentow as long as I did) are playing FFXI now. This may be a moot point
Nina
posted 12-10-2003 12:19:42 AM
quote:
Bummey the Savage had this to say about Duck Tales:
YOU DO NOT NEED LOY TO HAVE THESE FEATURES.

Yes you do. =p

Bummey the Fool
Prefers to play with men
posted 12-10-2003 12:29:55 AM
quote:
Nina had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Yes you do. =p

I don't have LoY and I have all of the above. If you buy LDoN, it covers everything except the LoY zones. Fuck LoY.

Monica
posted 12-10-2003 12:42:11 AM
quote:
Toktuk spewed forth this undeniable truth:
I've been to one Vox raid on Tunare. We had no deaths and I considered that to be a sign that I should never bother again.

Did Pesco talk you into joining Phoenix Alliance yet? Because, you should really join...

-Tok

Went after Naggy tonight and I died again. Took 'em a good 20 minutes to finally rez me, the bastards. Then I got to roll on some mithril greaves... lost to 1 person. He was standing in as Cleric for his Warrior because we were short on healers (he was 1 of 2 on the raid)... they let him roll because they had him switch characters. I did not know this, so I mentioned it and the leader and another guy (same one who lead Vox last night, actually) jumped all over my ass about it, treating me like I'm a moron and saying it will just take time for me to "learn how things work".... you dumb ass, it didn't have anything to do with me not knowing how things work! IT HAD TO DO WITH ME NOT KNOWING YOU HAD THE WARRIOR SWITCH TO HIS CLERIC!

fuckers.

And Pesco told me I needed to hurry up and get 58 so I could join, yeah.

Nina
posted 12-10-2003 12:47:45 AM
quote:
Bummey the Savage attempted to be funny by writing:
I don't have LoY and I have all of the above. If you buy LDoN, it covers everything except the LoY zones. Fuck LoY.

I just double checked, loaded default UI even... Maps only work in newbie zones, as for anyone who doesn't have LoY... And bank is single sized.

Sorry, but it appears you accidentally ordered LoY. So much for "Fuck LoY", hmm?

Freschel Spindrift
Caucasian
posted 12-10-2003 12:53:20 AM
quote:
Bummey the Savage thought about the meaning of life:

But you get to play a froggy. Everybody loves to be a frog, you can too. *ducks*

Who's that crazy kook that's destroying the world. It's Zorc (That's me) It's Zorc and Pals.
Bakura: Did you forget our anniversary, again? (laughter)
Zorc: Yes, I was busy destroying the world (laughter) Slaughtering millions. (Laughter)
Bakura: That's my Zorc.
The blood of the innocents will flow without end. His name is Zorc, and he's destroying the world.
Bummey the Fool
Prefers to play with men
posted 12-10-2003 12:58:19 AM
quote:
Nina thought about the meaning of life:
I just double checked, loaded default UI even... Maps only work in newbie zones, as for anyone who doesn't have LoY... And bank is single sized.

Sorry, but it appears you accidentally ordered LoY. So much for "Fuck LoY", hmm?

Get over yourself, Tier. I didn't order LoY.

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 12-10-2003 09:21:49 AM
I have a 3rd account. original trilogy pack only. no double bankspace.
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Nina
posted 12-10-2003 05:18:53 PM
quote:
Bummey the Savage impressed everyone with:
I didn't order LoY.

Truth huuuurts. ^_^

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: