EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: AntiVirus software
Valso
Pancake
posted 12-07-2003 09:19:50 PM
I have used many versions of Norton's Antivirus software (grumbles loudly about their crap with OS upgrades during a win98->2k->XP change)... anyways...

I currently have NAV corporate edition 7.61.934.

My question is if there is any real reason to look into a newer version anytime soon? I update the definitions, and scan weekly. Also, what would be a reason to upgrade? As far as I see it, aslong as the definitions are available, and I don't use the emailscan type features... is there any for me? (Except maybe for newOS upgrades.

(blank)
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 12-07-2003 10:26:11 PM
I've heard that Norton Systemworks 2K3 has a lot of features from the old Systemworks cut out in favor of one or two superior elements. I have it, just haven't installed it. Still using 2K1.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

can you please fix my title
posted 12-07-2003 10:30:01 PM
I somehow got a OEM copy of NAV 03 sent to me everytime i install it i get a new 12 month subscrition... go figure

I cant se ewhere any version is really that much better than another and it seems as time goes by you lose functionality. back in NAV 2k i had a free unziper and a memory cleaner...now i dont.

as long as you update on a regualer basis and scan often and use safe practices you should be ok.

then again im a idiot so dont listen to me

Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 12-07-2003 10:53:14 PM
Far as I know the "reinstall, get another free 12 months" thing is probably on purpose. It serves everyone's best interest to not have virus problems with their machine, so are they going to stick you? Not really, not if you're willing to reinstall the software (which is no fun).

Systemworks is more useful than just Antivirus, though. I will say that.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Bummey the Fool
Prefers to play with men
posted 12-07-2003 11:01:12 PM
I'm rather partial to McAfee, and it's firewall is the best software firewall I've seen in a while. Norton just rubs me the wrong way, and I don't know why.

[ 12-07-2003: Message edited by: Bummey the Savage ]

Toktuk
Pooh Ogre
Keeper of the Shoulders of Peachis Perching
posted 12-07-2003 11:33:48 PM
quote:
Bummey the Savage had this to say about Duck Tales:
I'm rather partial to McAfee, and it's firewall is the best software firewall I've seen in a while. Norton just rubs me the wrong way, and I don't know why.

You are on crack.

-Tok

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: