EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: It's a casting call!
Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 12-06-2003 05:07:33 PM

The Brooding Wild Card - The essence of gritty manliness, must balance out any bishounen tendencies in the Hero Without A Past. May or may not hate the Hero's guts; preferably has a dark secret of some kind, though the magnitude of said secret may vary. Added Bonus--choose your own weapon! Anything capable of dealing out indiscriminate carnage will do! Examples: Vincent Valentine, Seifer Almasy, Amarant Coral, Auron

The Final Fantasy Casting Call

I don't think I agree. =)

Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 12-06-2003 05:17:31 PM

Arse.

Espio Idsavant
You have gotten better at Being a Lush! (200)
posted 12-06-2003 05:18:15 PM
I'm a Brooding Wild Card too
And you can still be free, If time will set you free
And going higher than the mountain tops
And go high like the wind don't stop...

[ My gooberish Live Journal thingy ]

Zeke
I am a vampire and
posted 12-06-2003 05:21:44 PM
Since I failed at the image stuff again (Help! Teach me, please!)

The Hero Without A Past - Must have gorgeous hair, blue or green eyes (a mixture is also acceptable), and be proficient in the use of bladed weapons. Instant and unconditional love for the Lovely Heroine a necessity. Must also have at least two of the following: --At least 5 years missing from memory --A dysfunctional relationship with 1 or more Reluctantly Protective Father Figures --A distinct aversion to helping others (must be willing to go through attitude adjustment) Examples: Cloud Strife, Squall Leonhart, Zidane Tribal, Tidus

I think it's retarded. Especially since it used Zidane and Tidus as examples.

[ 12-06-2003: Message edited by: Zeke the Final Fencer ]

"Death most resembles a prophet who is without honor in his own land or a poet who is a stranger among his people."
"Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once."
Hime, eien-ni, anata-wo ai-shimasu.
Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 12-06-2003 05:24:08 PM
right click the image, get the url, plant that into an [img] tag.
Zeke
I am a vampire and
posted 12-06-2003 05:32:21 PM
Oooh so I don't use the stuff in the litle text box talking about if you wanted to put it on a site?
"Death most resembles a prophet who is without honor in his own land or a poet who is a stranger among his people."
Skaw
posted 12-06-2003 05:33:18 PM

The Reluctantly Protective Father Figure - Are you good with kids? It doesn't matter, because you'll be caring for them anyway! Cuss at them, abandon them, beat them, or verbally abuse them; it's okay, since they'll be trapped in a love/hate relationship with you no matter what. (Those under the age of 30 need not apply.) Examples: Cid Highwind, Laguna Loire, Baku, Jecht

Laguna segments were the best part of FF8

Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 12-06-2003 05:35:24 PM
quote:
Zeke the Final Fencer's account was hax0red to write:
Oooh so I don't use the stuff in the litle text box talking about if you wanted to put it on a site?

That's for putting it on a site using normal HTML, we get the ever wonderful UBB code.

Zeke
I am a vampire and
posted 12-06-2003 05:37:53 PM
Ah well that would probably be why i's not accepted and says invalid image tag then! Thanks guys!
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 12-06-2003 05:38:49 PM

The Wacky Male Comic Relief - Athletic types preferred, although those who are simply hilarously out of shape will be considered. Required: At least 2 of the following: --Obsession with being tough and/or cool. --Amusing arrogance/holier-than-thou attitude (will be stomped to bits by end of game) --Funny accent/speech patterns Examples: Barrett, Zell Dincht, Captain Adelbert Steiner, Wakka

... Fuck Wakka

D Spot
Pancake
posted 12-06-2003 05:39:49 PM
GOD DAMMIT!!!!!

The Peculiar Sidekick - If people frequently ask you what on earth you are, this is the job for you! "Unique" in appearance and personality, you'll add a little non-human flavor to the party. After all, variety is the spice of life! An ability to speak in rhymes, riddles, or a strange dialect is preferred. Personality must fit into one of two types: either the Wise Philosopher or the Total Nutcase. Examples: Cait Sith, Red XIII, Quina Quen, Kimahri

[ 12-06-2003: Message edited by: Dspot ]

Skaw
posted 12-06-2003 05:40:03 PM
Lolololololol Sakkra got Wakka cause their names are similiar.
Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 12-06-2003 05:43:22 PM
quote:
Niklas was listening to Cher while typing:

Arse.

Ditto.

Ace in the Spade
Pancake
posted 12-06-2003 05:52:42 PM
quote:
Niklas had this to say about Robocop:

Arse.

the same is me

Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 12-06-2003 05:54:13 PM
quote:
Skaw had this to say about Pirotess:
Lolololololol Sakkra got Wakka cause their names are similiar.

Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 12-06-2003 06:12:41 PM

The Capable Lady - The foil to the helpless Lovely Heroine and childish Girlish Sidekick, this job is the essence of "empowered woman". Must be able to beat down huge crowds of drooling fanboys singlehandedly and look like a million bucks doing it. Required to establish some kind of relationship with either Hero Without A Past or Wacky Male Comic Relief. Must provide own cans of whoopa$$; canopener available on request. Examples: Tifa Lockhart, Quistis Trepe, Beatrix, Lulu

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 12-06-2003 06:16:17 PM

The Lovely Heroine - Required: brunette hair, heart-shaped face, sweet smile. Must have basic knowledge of White Magic (on-the-job training will be provided). Must also be willing to gradually fall in love with the Hero Without A Past. CAUTION: There is a guarantee of near-death experiences inherent in this job, with a 1-in-4 chance of actually dying. You have been warned. Examples: Aeris Gainsborough, Rinoa Heartilly, Princess Garnet Til Alexandros, Yuna

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 12-06-2003 06:25:06 PM
quote:
Skaw wrote this stupid crap:

The Reluctantly Protective Father Figure - Are you good with kids? It doesn't matter, because you'll be caring for them anyway! Cuss at them, abandon them, beat them, or verbally abuse them; it's okay, since they'll be trapped in a love/hate relationship with you no matter what. (Those under the age of 30 need not apply.) Examples: Cid Highwind, Laguna Loire, Baku, Jecht

I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Rhiannah
WAI!!!
posted 12-06-2003 06:34:19 PM
So I was bored...

The Spunky Girlchild
-
Big sparkly eyes and an extremely cutesy fashion sense required; adorable hairstyle and low tolerance for sugar preferred. Must think the Hero Without A Past is the hottest thing since sliced bread; however, said crush is not required to go past the puppy-love stage.
Job Hazards--Sorry, but if your home hasn't been attacked and/or destroyed yet, sooner or later it will be.

Examples: Yuffie Kisaragi, Selphie, Eiko Carroll, Rikku

I'm an individual. Just like everyone else!

can you please fix my title
posted 12-06-2003 06:34:53 PM
never played this game but im a brooding wildcard. shrug
Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-06-2003 06:35:01 PM
quote:
Quoth Niklas:

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 12-06-2003 07:24:02 PM
quote:
Skaw thought about the meaning of life:

Laguna and Cid are the best.

I detected a lack of spellcaster options in the quiz, though. Where was my option to thermonuclear-blast the critter that jumped out from behind the boulder? Or the option to raise the kid in the first question's family from the dead and send him on his way? This is bias against black mages.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Gadani
U
posted 12-06-2003 07:30:23 PM
quote:
Niklas had this to say about Jimmy Carter:

OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 12-06-2003 07:45:35 PM
quote:
Niklas's account was hax0red to write:

Arse.

..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 12-06-2003 09:29:26 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Niklas:

Skaw
posted 12-06-2003 09:59:15 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael stammered:
Laguna and Cid are the best.

Indeed, FF8 might've been great if it was about Laguna and his crew

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 12-06-2003 10:01:30 PM
quote:
Skaw impressed everyone with:
Indeed, FF8 might've been great if it was about Laguna and his crew

Hell Yes

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

diadem
eet bugz
posted 12-06-2003 10:28:37 PM

I expected to be the father figure...

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 12-06-2003 10:41:13 PM

The Peculiar Sidekick - If people frequently ask you what on earth you are, this is the job for you! "Unique" in appearance and personality, you'll add a little non-human flavor to the party. After all, variety is the spice of life! An ability to speak in rhymes, riddles, or a strange dialect is preferred. Personality must fit into one of two types: either the Wise Philosopher or the Total Nutcase. Examples: Cait Sith, Red XIII, Quina Quen, Kimahri

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 12-07-2003 12:17:25 AM

Umm, WTF?

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 12-07-2003 12:24:02 AM
Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 12-07-2003 12:31:44 AM

Why am I always a woman on these things?
D Spot
Pancake
posted 12-07-2003 12:35:22 AM
quote:
Hello Cuthy impressed everyone with:

Why am I always a woman on these things?

At least your not a peculiar sidekick, am I a guy or a girl? Who knows.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 12-07-2003 12:40:38 AM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Aury:

The Brooding Wild Card - The essence of gritty manliness, must balance out any bishounen tendencies in the Hero Without A Past. May or may not hate the Hero's guts; preferably has a dark secret of some kind, though the magnitude of said secret may vary. Added Bonus--choose your own weapon! Anything capable of dealing out indiscriminate carnage will do! Examples: Vincent Valentine, Seifer Almasy, Amarant Coral, Auron

Fits me fine.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piƱa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Tian
dr00d
posted 12-07-2003 01:13:36 AM
quote:
Sakkra enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:

The Wacky Male Comic Relief - Athletic types preferred, although those who are simply hilarously out of shape will be considered. Required: At least 2 of the following: --Obsession with being tough and/or cool. --Amusing arrogance/holier-than-thou attitude (will be stomped to bits by end of game) --Funny accent/speech patterns Examples: Barrett, Zell Dincht, Captain Adelbert Steiner, Wakka

... Fuck Wakka

This makes me cool, ya?

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 12-07-2003 01:23:38 AM
brooding wildcard. yea.. sounds about right.
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: