EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Just started again! :)
Valso
Pancake
posted 11-26-2003 02:32:34 PM
Man, it has been about 3 months since I played SWG, and so I decided to restart a new character. Loving it a ton. Seems to be a lot more fun then I remembered it being before. I went the path of Bounty Hunter, and since I don't have a lot of time the next few weeks (finals) working hard on the profession.

So far with few days of playing, I am up to:
Scout 2-2-2-2
Marksman 2-3-2-2
Artisan 0-0-0-1
Medic 0-0-0-1

I am trying to round Marksman to 3-3-3-3, before the end of the week and whatever naturally happens with the Scout profession.

However, then I stil will have to spend a long time working the 4th level skills and somehow find myself a ton of people to train skills

Anyways, glad to play again I can't wait to get involved in player cities soon too.

Two more things:
1) My new wireless mouse/keyboard does not seem to delay me at all I was worried they possibly could, but high praise for the Logitech MX Duo (speficifally the MX 700 mouse)

2) Radiohead = great music to listen to while playing. I set their albums on random, and just grind away

[ 11-26-2003: Message edited by: Valso ]

(blank)
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 11-26-2003 02:54:46 PM
How to get gobs and gobs of marksman EXP :

Join the empire.

Get 3 stormtrooper Commandos (462 Faction Points)

Find a CL35 or so critter out in the wilds. Send your troopers in to attack it.

Let 'em get aggro, then start blasting away.

The commandos will use a snare grenade to snare the critter, then they'll kinda form a triangular thing around it. They'll be safe and you'll get mad EXP.

The commandos usually take around 1/4 their total HP in damage doing this, but that's easily remedied by buying crates of Stim B's from someone If a commando gets seriously hurt, store him.

I was doing this with Bols la couple nights ago, and we were getting ~2k weapon EXP per kill, as well as 300-500 scout EXP per harvest

One thing to note, don't use any special attacks such as threaten, warning shot, or posture down. ONLY do damage (Bleed shots do wonders) shots. Head shot / Leg Shot / Body Shot, and the health/action/mind shots. If you do a warning shot, threaten shot, or anything else that effects status, you can very easily end up breaking snare and getting aggro. I found that out the hard way.

Good thing Bols only incap ya.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: