EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Okay, so I got sucked back into EQ by their 14 day free account activation...
Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 11-26-2003 12:23:07 AM
... and I'm thinking of starting from scratch. Which server should I start on that will give me reason to continue playing the game that got me into MMORPGs in the first place?
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 11-26-2003 12:24:52 AM
Rallos Zek!

I dunno:/ Go play FFXI

(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 11-26-2003 12:28:30 AM
quote:
Elvish Crack Piper's fortune cookie read:
Rallos Zek!

I dunno:/ Go play FFXI

Riiiight.. and when I finally get around to playing FFXI everyone else would've already moved on to another MMORPG. I'm starting to think that MMORPGs are just a fad around here now. Everyone plays for a few months, then another great MMORPG comes out which makes everyone leave the current MMORPG for the next one, which they play 'til the next great MMORPG comes out....

man, vicious cycle.

Mightion Defensor
posted 11-26-2003 12:29:31 AM
Starting from scratch?

Jebus H, I'm gonna stop making banded suits for people if they're just gonna start over from scratch!!

* rant rave grumble

Suddar
posted 11-26-2003 12:32:54 AM
Part of the point is, FFXI offers nearly the same experience/feel EQ did back in the day. It's probably the closest any MMORPG has ever come (besides EQ, duh) to capturing that initial magic.
Kennatsu
posted 11-26-2003 12:32:59 AM
quote:
Mightion Defensor thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Starting from scratch?

Jebus H, I'm gonna stop making banded suits for people if they're just gonna start over from scratch!!

* rant rave grumble

I just need to refresh myself in playing EQ. I haven't deleted the female Paladin on Xegony who you made the banded suit for. I do plan on playing that character when I feel used to EQ again.

Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 11-26-2003 12:34:57 AM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Kennatsu said this:
Riiiight.. and when I finally get around to playing FFXI everyone else would've already moved on to another MMORPG. I'm starting to think that MMORPGs are just a fad around here now. Everyone plays for a few months, then another great MMORPG comes out which makes everyone leave the current MMORPG for the next one, which they play 'til the next great MMORPG comes out....

man, vicious cycle.

Outside of WoW (and possibly EQ2), there are no more "great MMORPG"s coming out for a loooooong time.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 11-26-2003 12:55:59 AM
You've 'started from scratch' characters on how many servers already? Hell, you have quite a bit of gear from me on SolRo also. Not to mention who knows how many other servers.

Just friggin pick one and stick with it for once

Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 11-26-2003 01:17:48 AM
quote:
Mightion Defensor said this about your mom:

1pp per AC!

Vinven D`Slyfox
posted 11-26-2003 01:19:22 AM
If you enjoy rp, come to firona vie, otherwise just stick with whatever chars ya got
TaLourin
Pancake
posted 11-26-2003 01:33:07 AM
Banded?

I'm ever so happy that the womens love me enough to pimp me out properly.

Trillee, Xyrra, and Synny... I love you guys... really.. Mightion just made me realize how lucky I am..

banded.... sheesh..

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 11-26-2003 02:37:06 AM
More than welcome to come join the Luclinites.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 11-26-2003 03:26:09 AM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael obviously shouldn't have said:
More than welcome to come join the Luclinites.

Um, yeah.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: