EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Query!
Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 11-24-2003 10:54:16 PM
What mental disorders do you have / think you have / have been dignosed with?

Wierd question, but I'm asking because I have Chronic Anxiety, with a dash of minor depression thrown in.

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Aaron (the good one)
posted 11-24-2003 10:55:35 PM
If something touches my hand and I don't know what it is or where it has been, I wash my hands immidiately. Even if it is a handshake from someone.
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Arttemis
Not Squire... but a guitar!
posted 11-24-2003 10:55:50 PM
I'm told that I'm an excellent candidate for homicidal mania.

I have no idea why.

Alaan
posted 11-24-2003 11:00:01 PM
I don't know if its actually any sort of disorder or anything, but I am prone to letting very little of what I'm thinking be known. Even by people I know quite well.
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 11-24-2003 11:00:43 PM
Nothing, I am the perfect image of mental health.
[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Led
*kaboom*
posted 11-24-2003 11:03:23 PM
Formally diagnosed? I was diagnosed as being bipolar when I was a munchkin (like two years old), but I dunno if I still have it.

I do have ADD.

I also think I am batshit crazy.

Aaron (the good one)
posted 11-24-2003 11:04:38 PM
Hey look! Something shiney!
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Vise the Stompy
Title now 100% ass free!
posted 11-24-2003 11:06:41 PM
I am positive I have some sort of mood swing/personality thing. Or do I?

[ 11-24-2003: Message edited by: Vise the Stompy ]

Somu Icewalker
Also known as Diet Dr. Evil
posted 11-24-2003 11:09:31 PM
I've been told I have ADD by some due to once in a while I'll jump from one topic to another in like 5 seconds during a conversation
Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 11-24-2003 11:10:23 PM
I think it's amusing that the way people think as an adult (Because of nurture/nature while growing) is often put into classifications.

And then people use said classifications to lean upon as an excuse for when the time arise.

And the truth is, most of us are not anywhere near a form of mind that is so extremely different from the norm that we could classify ourselves.

P.S. No, it's not a pysch lesson, just my opinion. Fuck ya.

P.P.S. And, I bet, most of us have been classified at one point in their lives. I also think most of those classifications are total bullshit, too.

[ 11-24-2003: Message edited by: Black ]

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Led
*kaboom*
posted 11-24-2003 11:11:18 PM
You think that is bad? It takes someone with ADD as bad as mine to understand WTF I am talking about Insanely layered conversations, anyone?
Anklebiter
Pancake
posted 11-24-2003 11:12:47 PM
I have been diagnosed with chronic depression and ADHD.
I believe I may also be slightly obsessive-compulsive, and bi-polar.
EVE Online:
Asha Vahishta, Minmatar Pilot.
Alt-F4
Pancake
posted 11-24-2003 11:13:38 PM
I have been diagnosed with depression and being some kind of insane. I won't tell why I needed to be diagnosed.
"Well that still only counts as one."
-Gimli
Suddar
posted 11-24-2003 11:16:13 PM
Formally diagnosed with dysthymic disorder (chronic depression, downgraded from major depressive at least), generalized anxiety disorder and OCD. GAD is in remission.

I don't think I have ADD but Leopold has accused me of it on occasion. Like Led mentioned, my conversations are extremely layered. I think it's more due to my way of thinking than anything, but it's hard for people to follow. Whatever. ;P

inc angst cracks

Personally, I think the whole disorder thing is bullshit. This thread alone shows how many people 'have' them, and if they're this common are they really that unusual or that much of a disorder?

ALSO (it's edit day!), I don't think I was ever major depressive. I think the whole thing is a bunch of bullshit but whatever. Um, yeah. Moving on.

[ 11-24-2003: Message edited by: Suddar ]

Nina
posted 11-24-2003 11:18:23 PM
There's so many mental illnesses, most of them so general, that by modern medecine everyone would be clinically insane.

I prefer to flip off diagnoses and call myself mentally healthy.

Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 11-24-2003 11:19:33 PM
quote:
Nina had this to say about Tron:
I prefer to flip off diagnoses and call myself mentally healthy.

Hear, hear. 99%+ of it is BS.

Suddar
posted 11-24-2003 11:21:57 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Cowboy Darius wrote:

Yep. The real "disorders" we have to be worrying about are the ones that land you in instutions. The way they're tossed around today, it'd make the common cold sound like AIDS.

"Oh, you have GAD?! Good lord, you poor soul!" Whatever.

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 11-24-2003 11:26:33 PM
quote:
I alone love Cowboy Darius. I alone tempt Cowboy Darius:
I'd say closer to 90%

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 11-24-2003 11:29:19 PM
Nothing like a classic case of old fashioned Narcissism.
Sean
posted 11-24-2003 11:33:17 PM
I have ADD, my teachers told me so, :(((((

Actually I was just fucking hyper and they didn't want to deal with me.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Chalesm
There is no innuendo in this title.
posted 11-24-2003 11:34:42 PM
Formally, I've been diagnosed with ADD (non-hyperactive), as of about 7 years ago. To be honest, most people are suprised by that; I haven't really shown any of the symptoms for years, I think it was likely a mis-diagnosis.

The more interesting half of my mental condition is my family history; my father's entire side of the family is loaded with serious mental illness: from manic-depressives, to schizophrenia, to just plain old dementia if you go back far enough, they weren't naming mental illnesses when my family started going nuts. I know seven relatives on that side of the family- every one with a serious diagnosed mental illness, and five with issues serious enough to require time in a mental ward (in one case for quite a few years, possibly a decade or two, I've never gotten the details).

By pretty much any genetic account of pre-disposition, I'm a walking mental timebomb. Objectively, it suprises me that I'm even functional, let alone as genrerally well-adjusted as I am.

... They say schizophrenia often stikes in the early 20's, though...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Douglas Adams, 1952-2001

Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 11-24-2003 11:48:04 PM
Diagnosed with ADD, too.

I forgot.

But as far as my chronic anxiety, I worry about things that I'm guessing most people don't.

Worrying about car wrecks. Worrying so much that I get no sleep all night. Whwnever I have a job interview, I stay up all night, thinking of the possibilites. I have whatifs going through my head ALL THE TIME. It's worse when I'm stressed - then, dealing with it drives me to tears. I KNOW that something is this way, but I find myself worrying over the .00000000000005% statistical probability.

I worry about myself, other poeple, strangers. Sometimes, even though I KNOW it won't happen, I keep finding myself thinking about being mugged in an open store. I'm nervous a lot.

Eventually, I get into a repitious cycle, worrying about my worrying, and I end up in depression. I know there is something wrong with me because when I stopped going to therapy/taking meds, I felt BETTER - but I regressed. It's not my fault; chronic anxiety has frequent regressions, especially when you are stressed - I've been sick for almost 5 weeks, finals are here, I broke up with my boyfriend not long ago, and we're remodeling.

So I, at least, know that my diagnosis is true.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 11-24-2003 11:57:55 PM
Just bashit insanity, but everyone knows that.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 11-24-2003 11:59:09 PM
quote:
Oscar 3/Xray 1 had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
Nothing, I am the perfect image of mental health.

Other than epilepsy and constant lapses of stupidity.

"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
-Proverbs 4:8-9
Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 11-25-2003 12:03:43 AM
I dunno. I was on meds for "Social Anxiety Disorder" for awhile. (I used to get so freaked out by social situations that I'd nearly have a panic attack, and I couldn't call people on the phone nearly at all. My hands would start shaking, I'd get so scared of the stupid telephone. Best I could do was calling home and calling my mom. I am still not comfortable in most social situations unless I know the people very well, especially extremely large crowds. I have alot of trouble making friends because of it, because I don't like the idea of hanging out with a person I am uncomfortable with long enough to become comfortable with them. If that makes any sense.) I don't think I am the least bit crazy, though.

[ 11-25-2003: Message edited by: Monica ]

Mr. Parcelan
posted 11-25-2003 12:04:38 AM
I've been diagnosed with a bad case of awesomeness.
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 11-25-2003 12:06:32 AM
I've been diagnosed with the same things by multiple psycharists/psychotherapists etc.

It's all fun fun.

Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 11-25-2003 12:18:41 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Knight Rider:
I've been diagnosed with a bad case of awesomeness delusions of grandeur.
"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 11-25-2003 12:21:26 AM
quote:
Alek Saege probably says this to all the girls:
Other than epilepsy and constant lapses of stupidity.

Eh?

Monica
posted 11-25-2003 12:25:21 AM
quote:
Oscar 3/Xray 1 had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Eh?

Nonono, he was sharing his illnesses, see. He quoted you by accident.

Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 11-25-2003 12:27:39 AM
quote:
Monica stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
Nonono, he was sharing his illnesses, see. He quoted you by accident.

Exactly... wait, somehow I detect an insult in what you said.

Monica
posted 11-25-2003 12:33:26 AM
quote:
Alek Saege had this to say about pies:
Exactly... wait, somehow I detect an insult in what you said.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 11-25-2003 12:41:17 AM
I'm not arrogant. I'm realistic.
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 11-25-2003 12:42:45 AM
I have a headache does that count?
Snugglits
posted 11-25-2003 12:43:19 AM
quote:
Naimah stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
I have a headache does that count?

Do robots come out of your head?

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 11-25-2003 12:44:19 AM
I hope not.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 11-25-2003 01:15:06 AM
I was DIAGNOSED as being behaviorally challenged back in Elementary school. They wanted to put me in a "special" class, my parents were like "fuck you"

Around 10th grade I was diagnosed as Bipolar. I wasnt really, I never had the high swings, just the low ones. Those have gone away somewhat, but have come back over the past month or so really hardcore. Bleh, I'm puttin up with em

Mod
Pancake
posted 11-25-2003 02:49:30 AM
Nothing that would be considered a disorder (i.e. something that messes with my day to day life) here.
Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 11-25-2003 02:55:44 AM
I am perfectly sane!!!

*is dragged away in a straightjacket by two men in labcoats...*

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 11-25-2003 03:02:08 AM
Diagnosed with depression a years back, 3 years to psychiatrist, apparently got cured.

Whee.

[ 11-25-2003: Message edited by: Pvednes ]

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: