EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Okay - new computer trouble - Ethernet Driver
Aaron (the good one)
posted 11-21-2003 10:04:29 AM
I reinstalled WinXP Professional but now it can't find any drivers for my ethernet card. Is there any basic drivers out there that will work for primary any card just so I can connect to the internet and download the appropriate drivers?

And no, there are no drivers for it on my WinXP CD.

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 11-21-2003 11:23:59 AM
The Make and Model of the NIC card would help!
http://www.bloodfin.net
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 11-21-2003 11:34:38 AM
I think what he's saying is that he doesn't know them. Though I'm not certain. If he knew the make & model, though, he'd be able to just go get the correct drivers, rather than relying on a generic set. Most NIC cards have fairly small driver files.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Aaron (the good one)
posted 11-21-2003 11:34:59 AM
I don't know it. It just says "Ethernet _____" under unknown devices. Starts with P. It's not port though.

I don't know where to find that information out. It came with my computer. Isn't there any basic drivers that work with alot of cards that give basic internet functions?

Ryuujin
posted 11-21-2003 11:37:40 AM
Have you tried removing the "Unknown Device" and then having Windows search for the hardware, then try to find the best drive for it?
Aaron (the good one)
posted 11-21-2003 11:41:06 AM
A yup. It keeps saying it can't find software to support it
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 11-21-2003 11:51:21 AM
Have you tried looking at the card?
"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 11-21-2003 12:04:42 PM
quote:
From the book of Azizza, chapter 3, verse 16:
Have you tried looking at the card?

Or if it's on the motherboard. The make and model of the motherboard.

http://www.bloodfin.net
Aaron (the good one)
posted 11-21-2003 05:41:34 PM
Motherboard is Asus A7VBX. It was Ethernet Controller that is under unknown devices. I need help No internet and all FFX-2 make Deli in a lukewarm mood
Lalamile
My title doesn't even make sense any more
posted 11-21-2003 05:44:42 PM
I take it the Nic is built into the Motherboard then? Go take a look at their website.
Aaron (the good one)
posted 11-21-2003 05:54:14 PM
God hates me
http://www.asus.com/support/download/download.aspx

There servers are down! I will be without the internet until monday

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 11-21-2003 07:20:46 PM
That support link works for me, Delid. But when I search for your mbd model, they say it doesn't exist. Try again please!
Tareshinal
Pancake
posted 11-21-2003 08:27:17 PM
I had this same problem with this when I got my new Hard Drive with 2000 on it... ok all you need to do is go to the manufacturers website and download the drivers... unless of course its made my 3com, then call them and bitch at them for not distributing any CD's other than when you buy the ethernet card (thus most of the CD's dont support 2000, XP, etc... and you have to go to a diffent computer with internet to get the drivers from their website).. If you cant find the drivers for it, go and get one from local computer store, they only cost like $15.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 11-21-2003 10:55:21 PM
i think he means A7V8X
Aaron (the good one)
posted 11-22-2003 06:10:32 PM
quote:
Falaanla Marr had this to say about Punky Brewster:
i think he means A7V8X

This is correct (posting from work). I couldn't tell with the font they used when they printed it on the motherboard. I found the drivers I needed online A7V8X-X, but this computer that I am using has a worm on it, so I have to wait until tomorrow to go to my friends and grab it from his comp.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: