EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: The Two Towers Extended Edition.
Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 11-18-2003 09:58:53 PM
Is it as better than the original Two Towers as the Fellowship extended edition was from the original Fellowship?
Sean
posted 11-18-2003 09:59:54 PM
I don't know, but I'll find out tomorrow.
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 11-18-2003 11:32:20 PM
ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Aaron (the good one)
posted 11-18-2003 11:33:40 PM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about Robocop:
Not really.

I know nothing.

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Sean
posted 11-18-2003 11:40:07 PM
Plugging it into ye olde DVD player right now.

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 11-18-2003 11:43:25 PM
Does it have a long, redundant narrative by a Hobbit which completely destroys the opening of the movie?
Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Sean
posted 11-18-2003 11:49:27 PM
quote:
Sentow, Maybe had this to say about Robocop:
Does it have a long, redundant narrative by a Hobbit which completely destroys the opening of the movie?

It's got a scene with Frodo and Sam mountain climbing, then talking about cooking chicken.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 11-18-2003 11:51:29 PM
quote:
Sentow, Maybe screamed this from the crapper:

Some of the more interesting tibits:

There's a bit about the elven rope(namely, that it is, in fact, elvish).

We see more of Treebeard(including the Song of the Entwives).

Aragorn explains that he's 87 years old (because he's one of the Dunedain, you see).

Merry and Pippin drink the Ent Draught and grow taller.

Saruman learns that Aragorn is wielding the ring of Barahir.

There's a five minute scene explaining why Faramir acts the way he acts. It doesn't coincide with the book at all(at least, to my recollection), but it makes sense in the context of the movie.

The Fangorn trees DO go to Helm's Deep and eat up the orcs.

More shit happens, but I don't want to spoil it totally.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Mightion Defensor
posted 11-18-2003 11:56:31 PM
Got mine today, the one with the Gollum statue. Haven't watched it yet, but let me say this:

Hope you're not fond of the box - you basically have to destroy it to get the statue out.

Lalamile
My title doesn't even make sense any more
posted 11-19-2003 12:00:42 AM
Just got done watching all 4 hours of it. I would defidently say get the extened version. There is alot of more conclusion and well, it just kicks ass.
Somu Icewalker
Also known as Diet Dr. Evil
posted 11-19-2003 12:12:22 AM
Extended Edition rocks.

On a random side note, drank a 2 litter of Pepsi during the movie and didn't pause once for a bathroom break

Sean
posted 11-19-2003 12:33:28 AM
Christ almighty, there's entirely too much Hobbit screen-time in the extended version.

I'm glad they cut all this out of the theatrical.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 11-19-2003 01:32:42 AM
The first extended one had those two discs of bonus making-of stuff. Same with this one?
My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Sean
posted 11-19-2003 01:35:56 AM
quote:
Rodent King had this to say about dark elf butts:
The first extended one had those two discs of bonus making-of stuff. Same with this one?

Yep. Two discs of Appendices. Haven't gotten to them yet.

Sean
posted 11-19-2003 02:14:52 AM
quote:
Karnaj impressed everyone with:
Some of the more interesting tibits:

There's a five minute scene explaining why Faramir acts the way he acts. It doesn't coincide with the book at all(at least, to my recollection), but it makes sense in the context of the movie.

I just saw that one. It definitely should've been left in the theatrical release.

can you please fix my title
posted 11-19-2003 01:18:26 PM
wonder if blockbuster will be renting this version so i can buy a cheap used copy? I already have the dvd I hate the way they get the fans to buy 2 copies
Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 11-19-2003 01:20:23 PM
Blockbuster put the Fellowship of the Ring Extended Version DVD out to rent, so you can suppose that Two Towers will join it
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Synjari
Warrior Princess
Cookie Seraphim!
posted 11-19-2003 01:24:46 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Somthor wrote:
wonder if blockbuster will be renting this version so i can buy a cheap used copy? I already have the dvd I hate the way they get the fans to buy 2 copies

The way they get the fans? That's just a sign of a weak will. ;P KaL and I waited until the release of the extended version to make our purchase.

Edit: btw.. do y'all know if Drys took out the 100 pixel height restriction or something? Cause Somthor's sig is way past 100 pixel's high and I dont see a cut off.

[ 11-19-2003: Message edited by: Synjari ]

"Villiany wears many masks, none of which are more dangerous than virtue." - "Sleepy Hollow"
Mightion Defensor
posted 11-19-2003 01:24:50 PM
I watched it last night... I gotta say, the scenes Peter Jackson added back were excellent - especially the bit at the end where Merry and Pippin find that special something.

When I was watching the battle for Helm's Deep, when the orc with the torch was running in, I couldn't help thinking "Too bad Legolas used up his Trueshot disc early in the fight..."

Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 11-19-2003 01:29:09 PM
quote:
Mightion Defensor probably says this to all the girls:

When I was watching the battle for Helm's Deep, when the orc with the torch was running in, I couldn't help thinking "Too bad Legolas used up his Trueshot disc early in the fight..."

Hehehe. Hadn't thought of that. I would just hum the theme from "Chariots of Fire" or the Olympics Theme while that scene played out.

http://www.bloodfin.net
Synjari
Warrior Princess
Cookie Seraphim!
posted 11-19-2003 01:30:09 PM
*tackles Kag!!!!!!!!*
"Villiany wears many masks, none of which are more dangerous than virtue." - "Sleepy Hollow"

can you please fix my title
posted 11-19-2003 01:57:58 PM
sorry i was adding my sig and apparently it showed up here from the test post i made. its been fixed
Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 11-19-2003 02:06:44 PM
quote:
Synjari got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
*tackles Kag!!!!!!!!*

GAH! *is tackled*

http://www.bloodfin.net
Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 11-19-2003 02:10:15 PM
The extended edition makes a great movie even better.

I can understand why they left the parts out of the movie for the theatre (who wants to sit for 3:43). I was extremely happy with the extended edition.

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 11-19-2003 03:24:09 PM
Goddamnit, I'm still waiting on my order from Amazon.
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 11-20-2003 12:30:59 AM
I just watched my copy though I picked it up the other day... and I gotta say WOW...

They cut out so much that was necessary for some of the scenes... I have to say the extended version DEFINITELY makes this movie so much better.. wow again.

I recommend picking this up!

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 11-20-2003 10:43:10 AM
I wish I had tickets to the Extended Edition Theater showings
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 11-20-2003 10:46:35 AM
I'm waiting for the extended versions of all three movies to be released in one huge collection.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 11-20-2003 11:35:53 AM
quote:
This one time, at Katrinity camp:
I wish I had tickets to the Extended Edition Theater showings

sold out in the 'Burgh

Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Thinking about your posts
(and billing you for it) since 2001

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: