EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Anyone got Call of Duty?
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 11-07-2003 02:26:06 PM
How is it?

I am watching some trailers and it looks nifty. I love how you can carry your wounded comrades on your back or drag them along the ground. ^.^

[ 11-07-2003: Message edited by: Katrinity ]

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Aaron (the good one)
posted 11-07-2003 02:27:04 PM
It has a feature where you can kill Kitsune's with a hatchet. It's pretty cool.
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 11-07-2003 02:28:52 PM
quote:
3 months wasted's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
It has a feature where you can kill Kitsune's with a hatchet. It's pretty cool.

As long as you get to skin Delid's too, its all good.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 11-07-2003 02:35:25 PM
There arn't enough games with hatchets.

Do I get to fashion the dead kitsune into funny hats?

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 11-07-2003 02:36:25 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when JooJooFlop wrote:
There arn't enough games with hatchets.

Do I get to fashion the dead kitsune into funny hats?

Go ahead, but beware when it starts to leech the very life force from your body! Ooooooooooh oooooooh aaaaaaaah! <makes scary noises>

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Sean
posted 11-07-2003 02:39:19 PM
I want Call of Duty.

I want that game.

I want that game.

I want that game.

I want that game.

[ 11-07-2003: Message edited by: Sean ]

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 11-07-2003 02:40:49 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Sean said:
I want Call of Duty.

I want that game.

I want that game.

I want that game./

I want that game./

Ack, deep calm breaths, Sean! Don't hyperventilate.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Sean
posted 11-07-2003 02:41:32 PM
I don't get paid until the end of the month,
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 11-07-2003 02:44:51 PM
quote:
Sean had this to say about Cuba:
I don't get paid until the end of the month,

Ahh, but its only 23-24 days away

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 11-07-2003 02:50:35 PM
*changes his class from monk to thief and steals the pelt right off of Kat's body*

I'm gonna make me a bath mat.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 11-07-2003 02:55:22 PM
quote:
From the book of JooJooFlop, chapter 3, verse 16:
*changes his class from monk to thief and steals the pelt right off of Kat's body*

I'm gonna make me a bath mat.

Aaaah! Baka hentai! <quickly covers her exposed self and throws a large mallet at JooJoo's head at high velocities>

<runs off to put on one of her spare skins>

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 11-07-2003 03:03:05 PM
*lets the mallet bounce harmlessly off his head with a squeak*

...I think you threw a toy mallet by mistake.

I also think that cosplay sigpic is going to your head. You're a Southerner! Say something Southernish!

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 11-07-2003 03:14:58 PM
Tar-nation! Ya crazy varmit! Gimme back my dressings!
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Canadian Mountee
Rumble Pak+FMV Sequence=FUN!
posted 11-07-2003 03:15:34 PM
You two need to stop flirting.
The World is Yours
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 11-07-2003 03:15:48 PM
quote:
Katrinity had this to say about Duck Tales:
Tar-nation! Ya crazy varmit! Gimme back my dressings!

EEEK!! The ghost of Yosemite Sam has returned for revenge!

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 11-07-2003 03:18:28 PM
quote:
Liam's account was hax0red to write:

Flirt-shmirt.

Holden
French Cocksucker
posted 11-07-2003 03:18:31 PM
quote:
Liam had this to say about Pirotess:

That pratically happeans every freaking thread too..

"America is dumb, it's like a dumb puppy that has big teeth that can bite and hurt you..."
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 11-07-2003 03:20:58 PM
jealous Holden? I mean.. we all know JJF is a hot piece of magnet and all..
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Holden
French Cocksucker
posted 11-07-2003 03:22:06 PM
quote:
KaLourin had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
jealous Holden? I mean.. we all know JJF is a hot piece of magnet and all..

Hah, your forgetting I have Suddar.

"America is dumb, it's like a dumb puppy that has big teeth that can bite and hurt you..."
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 11-07-2003 03:23:31 PM
Everyone's got Suddar
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 11-07-2003 03:24:43 PM
I had a bit of Suddar with my steak last night for dinner. I dunno which bit it was but it sure was zesty.
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 11-07-2003 03:27:00 PM
was probably the hypogastrium, rather tasty bit if sauteed just right.

Legonaire
Pancake
posted 11-07-2003 03:51:03 PM
Well to actually respond to the question posted....

I have yet to play thru the single player campaign solely for the fact that I bought it mainly for Multi Player.

The following review will be heavily multi-player biased.

Pros -

Compared to Medal of Honor which I used to play, the maps are beautifully done and lag is near non-existant.

Many of the same weapons from MoHAA and some of the newer ones from the Breakthrough expansion from Medal of Honor.

Realistic - I can't stress this enough, if you are using a big ole machine gun you run slower then compared to having just a pistol or grenade in hand. All guns have a different size crosshair, and depending on your movement and or position, your accuracy of fire is greatly increased or reduced. You have three positions to fire out of, standing, kneeling, and prone.
Snipers who try to run around and snipe people all over the map will find it incredibly hard to hold a crosshair steady while zoomed in, where as a sniper in prone position will have a near steady sight. Also to balance out the " Machine gun Whores" if your a pull the trigger and spray and pray kind of fighter, you will find you can't hit the broad side of a barn.

You can carry two weapons besides your pistol and nades, you start every map with 1 weapon, as soon as someone dies you can pick up a second weapon. Comes in really handy if your using a rifle and find your self in close quarters combat and need to pull out the ole MP 40 and mow someone down.

Kill Cam - this is an awesome part of multiplayer, no more whining about how that fucking bunny hopper shot your ass, upon death you will be shown a replay of the last 5 seconds of your life thru the view of the son of a bitch who killed you.

Cons -

Because the game is OpenGL there are already numerous hacks floating around that allow people to wall hack and aimbots and the like, good news is though Infinity Ward the maker of the game is actively working to put patches out immediately to block all these hacks, they have a very active forum and take all constructive critism and apply it towards the game.

Seems that since this is the new thing on the market, it is already flooded with 12 year olds all dooped up on ridulin or something. I can't stand some of the mindless dribble these kids spout while I am trying to play the game.

This could be taken as a pro or a con, but the game is heavily team oriented, that lone gunner who thinks he can rush a building and kill 10 people before they know what hits them is sadly mistaken. I say this can be a con because unless you play on a regular server you will find yourself more often then not spending most of the rounds in spectator wondering why you died so fast.

Overall it has replaced my urge to play MoHAA at all anymore, I find multi-player really challenging and a great deal entertaining. Again all I have heard about single player is that playing the Russian campaign is really fun, but overall length of single player is relatively short.

If animals weren't supposed to be eaten, then why are they made out of meat ??
Bummey the Fool
Prefers to play with men
posted 11-07-2003 04:38:33 PM
I WANT THIS GAME... but I just got back into EQ, bought LDoN and my guild has been revived.

I need some of that money stuff. =(

Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 11-07-2003 05:18:23 PM
Kill Cam sounds awesome. Is there a multiplayer demo out there?
Legonaire
Pancake
posted 11-07-2003 05:31:28 PM
They never released a multiplayer demo , there are however two single player demo's out there, most gamesites out there I would assume have both.
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 11-07-2003 07:43:08 PM
This game rocks the casbah. I've finished the single player campaign and actually tried a little multiplayer madness last. Actually managed to ring up a few kills too.

We need to get an EC server for this when enough people have the game.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Legonaire
Pancake
posted 11-07-2003 07:58:45 PM
This server is hosted by the clan I play with since Allied Assault first came out, we constantly have the IW ( Infinity Ward ) honcho's playing with us. Its the only server currently supporting up to 64 players.

Name [tFp][CALL OF DUTY!!!][WWW.THEFIBERPIPE.COM]
IP 65.160.227.144:28960

Lashanna
noob
posted 11-07-2003 08:01:11 PM
I want this game, but it's... so expensive,
Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 11-07-2003 08:13:55 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Lashanna wrote:
I want this game, but it's... so expensive,

Good thing Christmas is near.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 11-07-2003 10:38:00 PM
quote:
JooJooFlop stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
Good thing Christmas is near.

I asked my friends to get me KOTOR for the PC instead.

I stand by my decision.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 11-07-2003 11:55:03 PM
Flirting? Heck, I thought we were having whacky hijinxes!
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 11-08-2003 12:44:17 AM
quote:
Katrinity Model 2000 was programmed to say:
Flirting? Heck, I thought we were having whacky hijinxes!

You wanna sex that big peice of magnet up. Admit it.

Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 11-08-2003 07:11:17 AM
Well, after just getting back from my friends and tearing through up to the Russians in one sitting i gotta say that it was pretty damn fine.

I was expecting yet another "oh noes! storm the beech!" game but what i got was a tremendously creative WW2 game without a bunch of the cliches that are usually associated with the genre. You were there on D-day, but instead of being yet another grunt storming the beach, you were an elite paratrooper going in to set up a radar beacon to bring the rest of the paratroopers in.

I also can't forget hopping in the passenger seat of that car with the Tommy and doing fucking drivebys on those Germans. Pure gaming gold. I was all like, "nah, they're not gonna really shove your ass in a speeding car and tell you to start shooting, but they did and it was fucking uber.

It was great to have a WW2 game with not only a "solid" single player campaign but one that was actually cool to play.

Willias
Pancake
posted 11-08-2003 08:04:51 PM
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: